Thor The Dark World Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some pics?

C9xuPRD.jpg
QKsmUg2.jpg
9xT0VZo.jpg

Despite the slight lazy eye, which isn't visible from any reasonable viewing distance, I think it looks fantastic.

Before this thread gets further derailed with reaction gifs, I fully accept that I may have a differing opinion than the majority, and that's fine. I'm able to enjoy my statue, and from my eyes, it looks great. It's funny how differently people see things sometimes; I guess I'm just an outlier. Case in point, I never cared for the original Dr. Doom PF. Feel free to raise the pitchforks! :lol

Before this thread gets further derailed with reaction gifs, I fully accept that I may have a differing opinion than the majority, and that's fine. I'm able to enjoy my statue, and from my eyes, it looks great. It's funny how differently people see things sometimes; I guess I'm just an outlier. Case in point, I never cared for the original Dr. Doom PF. Feel free to raise the pitchforks! :lol

You go man!

80419-dwight-schrute-fist-pump-screa-CtKy.gif

View attachment 119059
View attachment 119060
View attachment 119061

Despite the slight lazy eye, which isn't visible from any reasonable viewing distance, I think it looks fantastic.

You need new glasses friend.

:lol :lol those posts made me laugh out loud! :clap

This is how the Modern Age Comic Thor PF should have been posed instead of that weird looking left hand :dunno been after a movie Thor but Sideshows last effort totally turned me off with that horrible Chris Hemsworth likeness :yuck

This looks promising so count me in! :rock

You're always in Andy :rotfl

:yess: :yess:

I do not think the first version is a failure, a few photos below of my copy to prove it, otherwise curious to see photos and not a presentation drawing to get an idea of this new PF!

dsc2379.jpg

dsc2381q.jpg

dsc2384d.jpg

dsc2226y.jpg

DSC_0094bis.jpg

I hope this is cool, but the paint on the first one left a lot to be desired, looked like it got subcontracted out to a kindygarden, the actual sculpt itself was quite a good likeness.

Plus the cape needs to be sculpted like Supes, a mixed media cape just hangs there looking drab, it's a statue, not a doll for my niece for Pete's sake.

At least it doesn't look like he's trying to slap someone with his handbag unlike a certain other PF.

I do not think the first version is a failure, a few photos below of my copy to prove it
:exactly::goodpost: Look's good to me.

the paint on the first one left a lot to be desired, looked like it got subcontracted out to a kindygarden, the actual sculpt itself was quite a good likeness.
Yep. The lazy eye on the statue means the paint apps were bad, not the sculpt.

Some items don't photograph very well and look much better in person

I gave the original movie Thor a chance, it was truly horrible and had to go.
Not just the portrait, his hands were the worst I've ever seen.

I looks ok in some of those pics... when you stand 4 feet back from the monitor and squint your eyes, it really does look like a winner!:lol

Bought the old one and sold it quickly, worst sideshow statue I've seen in hand haha!

Will see how this looks when it's previewed properly...

if the proto looks as good as the concept art I will be very tempted to cancel my po for the Comic thor in favor of this PF. I like the modern thor but having another option is nice and should cost less being a movie PF.

if the proto looks as good as the concept art I will be very tempted to cancel my po for the Comic thor in favor of this PF. I like the modern thor but having another option is nice and should cost less being a movie PF.

I might be in the same boat. Based mostly on funds. But if it looks like that, I think it would fit in with the ultra realistic comic pfs. We'll see. I really like the comic thor pf... Just wish his face wasn't so ugly/woody harelson like

Just what the world needs....another movie thor.....

Although I think the pose is much better than the new comic thor pf's swim lesson look. Honestly still not sure what the sculptor was smoking when he did it.

7uhu7ugu.jpg

Do you think this image is the concept art or an actual proto of what we're getting? I think what you see in this teaser pic is actually what the statue looks like, which is really positive as unlike the first SSC movie Thor PF, this time I can definitely make out the likeness of Hemsworth :rock

gujaguve.jpg

Now....what will the EX be? :horror

Last edited:
Back