Thor The Dark World Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please listen to CF79...get this statue. This sculpt and paint app are amazing. The matte finish on the outfit is reminiscent of the XM finish and it is perfectly applied. The details to the armor, hair, and boots really are fantastic. My eyes are good. I'm posing him turned Mjolnir side right slightly. He leans forward pretty good on mine. I am blown away at the sculpt and paint. The face sculpt isn't as good as the Iron Studios Cap, but the paint on the body is right on par with the Iron Studios Cap. Thor's paint lines are excellent and the details are perfect. I probably watched Francois' YouTube video with Cap at the SDCC 50 times over the past year and couldn't wait to get these two pieces. I am not disappointed and this paint app is a 10 and I have full faith their Winter Soldier Cap is going to look amazing.

I also had damage. My ex mjolnir's handle strap which is sculpted was broken along with a piece of the lightning. I sent Sideshow an email with pictures and I am waiting for a reply. I think I am just super pleased after dropping over a grand for a handful of XM pieces and I spent four hundred on this beast and he holds up with those statues.

I got my replacement head. Still not really happy with the eyes.

Which one should I keep?

A.

or

B.

Think I'm going to cancel this. Saw it at the comic shop today, not a great likeness, derpy eyes, the rest was pretty good, but since I already have the HT version and that at least looks like Helmsworth, don't see the point in this one any longer.

A eyes look better. Well if you compare to HT. not even close

Hot Toys is great but they stay stubborn about Thor's darker hair which isnt a true representation.

Not crazy about this figure, and the strap on mine broke like 5 mins into futzing with the cape. Ah well... Finally took some pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Received my Thor and I'm pretty happy with it.

Likeness isn't great but we all knew that.

I've been looking at the eyes for the last hour or so, and I 'believe' they're ok (I hope).

Just have one problem with it............It's too damn tall.

Sideshow specs had it at 558.8mm or 22". Prior to receiving it I went out and bought myself a single besta which has approx 585mm of internal height clearance and lo and behold it doesn't fit, by about 5 to 10mm.

Someone's waitlist for this EX is about to convert; I just cancelled mine since I wanted this one as a companion piece to the Modern Thor EX PF but am going to have to return that one since there were too many issues with it.

250 ES... :( Sad to see it go but I was also worried about the "derpy" eye problem that seems to have plagued this piece although I see that many of you got great looking ones!

Back