Thor The Dark World Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure why people don't like this statue. I actually think it looks pretty good! Looks way better than the first Thor PF which looked nothing like Chris Hemsworth. Unfortunately, the production piece will probably look like a$$.

Yep I agree, when it comes to statues of real life actors it's best to wait and see production in hand pictures before buying.

2nbaowk.jpg

Just see the Black Widow, Cap A, Thor Pf movie that has been released. :slap.

The first one worked for me because it was a like a coming of age story with a Shakespearean feel. The second one tried too hard to be funny when there was really no need for humor. That and Malekith lacked any sort of motivation or character development.

I agree. I think the director went in wanting to tell a really darker story. With his Game of Thrones background he wanted it to be gritty and Marvel basically said "Make sure Darcy and Selvig are unnecessary comedy relief".

I can count on one hand the good villains in Marvel movies. It's been a problem with all 3 studios doing the flicks. Malekith had so much potential. I also wish it wasnt so sci fi. It seemed like they wanted to continue to downplay the god aspect and focus on them being aliens in the Marvel Movie U.

Thor, Loki, Odin and Frigga were great, though. So odd that this film suffered from problems of trying to be too many things (comedy, action, sci fi, fantasy, drama) while they allowed Cap2 to be such a great formula film without the need to make it fit into too many genres. I hope they try to go with one great formula for the 3rd film. I would actually prefer no Earth characters but I doubt they'll get rid of Portman.

I agree. I think the director went in wanting to tell a really darker story. With his Game of Thrones background he wanted it to be gritty and Marvel basically said "Make sure Darcy and Selvig are unnecessary comedy relief".

I can count on one hand the good villains in Marvel movies. It's been a problem with all 3 studios doing the flicks. Malekith had so much potential. I also wish it wasnt so sci fi. It seemed like they wanted to continue to downplay the god aspect and focus on them being aliens in the Marvel Movie U.

Thor, Loki, Odin and Frigga were great, though. So odd that this film suffered from problems of trying to be too many things (comedy, action, sci fi, fantasy, drama) while they allowed Cap2 to be such a great formula film without the need to make it fit into too many genres. I hope they try to go with one great formula for the 3rd film. I would actually prefer no Earth characters but I doubt they'll get rid of Portman.

Regarding Thor 2 the issue IMO was the story was poorly written.... I thought the actors did a good job with what was given to them but the story felt more like a filler episode on a TV Series, you know something to fit between the major story arc episodes.

Regarding Thor 2 the issue IMO was the story was poorly written.... I thought the actors did a good job with what was given to them but the story felt more like a filler episode on a TV Series, you know something to fit between the major story arc episodes.

I didn't think that was the problem. It was a good story, just very rushed and very chopped.

I've only seen Thor 2 once, but remember liking it a lot. But right now, I literally can't remember who the villain was. Which probably isn't a great sign.

Kurse was cool but even that plot line was kind of weird. The hammer always returns to Thor yet Kurse can knock it's super magical power away. OK so you said no weapon can defeat him. I'll swallow that one since no weapon can defeat him even one as ridiculously powerful as mjol... oh wait... a weapon can defeat him? An absorbing grenade?

LOL just sloppy.

And the action scenes kind of played out like a filler Dr Who episode. The Dark Elves on Earth sure were good at chasing people around but doing absolutely nothing beyond that. The Frost Giant opening scene from the first film set the tone of what badasses the Asgardians were especially Thor... but this one really didnt do that good a job.

I still say the worst parts were incorporating Jane and Darcy and Selvig and the intern. Fit for the origin but not the sequel.

Having said that, I forgot to mention how freaking hot Sif is. Mein Gott Thor, you could break Jane Foster in half in bed but Sif might make you sore in the morning, Odinson.

We've yet to see a scene where Thor goes ape**** and really shows off his power. They watered him down so much in these movies to make him relatable to 15 yr old girls.

I still say the worst parts were incorporating Jane and Darcy and Selvig and the intern. Fit for the origin but not the sequel.

I have to somewhat disagree, but with a huge asterisk. Those characters' role was a huge pander to the "wait, humor worked in the first Thor movie? Weird!" crowd. Of which I am one. The part one fish out of water humor worked incredibly well. But with part two, it seemed they decided they wanted to make it 1/3 comedy, 1/3 Marvel action movie, 1/3 forgettable villainous Asgardian story. The balance of the whole movie just felt... off. So I enjoyed the increased serving of humor, but it made for a more forgettable movie.

Having said that, I forgot to mention how freaking hot Sif is. Mein Gott Thor, you could break Jane Foster in half in bed but Sif might make you sore in the morning, Odinson.

TSiKa3o.gif

Marvel movies are for family. The heroes aren't allow to go dark and nuts it appear.

It was pretty bad. The portrait was awful but the paint in the face was even worst, it was so bland and one toned. Just freaking look at it. Sideshow should be embarrassed by that.

View attachment 118967

However the worst crime for me was the fact that they got the color of the helmet wrong, it was pretty dark instead of mirror/silver.

WHY IS HE WEARING NAIL POLISH?!!!!

Passing on the new one, where is the LOKI movie PF, we have had two movie Thors now and it is time for Loki! Sheesh!

Back