Thor The Dark World Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better than the original but that wouldn't be hard to achieve.

It's not bad but also not great and let's face it, if the proto doesn't impress the production piece isn't going to get any better.

"Curly straws" for the Superman PF... the only way I display my Superman!

The only movie statues I see myself getting are ASM2 and maybe Mk VII but I like the EX on this one.

:lol awesome! Glad your loving the spaghetti eyes! ;) Only kidding...

I just remember the days when EX's were something worth while and something everyone would fight for online come pre order day just to claim one! Those days are now few and far between :(

I actually dig the portrait on this far more than the original. That being said, I only have room for one Thor in my collection.

If your a movie PF collector then this one would be the best option. The original imo wasn't all that appealing and the fact that it sells at such low prices on the secondary market just emphasises that. With that said, I still don't think this new PF looks remotely like Chris Hemsworth...yes, its an improvement over the original but still not quite there. However, the pose is what sells this piece to me and the base looks killer :rock if anything, if you take away the fact its supposed to be Chris Hemsworth and based on a Marvel Movie, its actually a nice Thor collectible on its own :)

As for a Comic Thor, I still think the original Sideshow PF is the best Thor collectible ever made. Not a big fan of the new modern age PF and the XM Thor :(

Portrait is 10 times better than the original, but I'm still not feeling it. Pose and sculpt looks excellent. But I don't buy any movie versions of my Marvel characters.

Don't know abt everyone else but some of these EX choices by Sideshow ie. the kryptonite for the Reeve PF, the thumbs up for the T-800 PF, the curly straws for the Superman PF and now this lightning add on for Thor are all a bit MEH :( I want an EX to be something that makes the statue look better not worse or cheaper...bit of a let down this one :(

Looks very cheesy. Glad not a fan of movie version statue

Yea, my logical thinking is how often will
I be adding the lightning effect? Hardly if ever so there's no point ordering the EX personally :(

I'm still PO'ing Chris, just ordering it locally to save a few pennies. Like you, I want to complete my movie Avengers set up too. Ordered the Cap winter soldier PF, I've got the Hulk maquette, getting the MKVII maquette and the gentle giant black widow is also pre ordered :rock

Sounds like we have the exact PO list Roberto!

I think this looks great. With a MK7 Iron Man Maquette and Hulk Maquette, off to a great Avengers start.

Sounds like we have the exact PO list Roberto!

Jeremiah20Johnson20nod.gif

I think this looks great. With a MK7 Iron Man Maquette and Hulk Maquette, off to a great Avengers start.

Yea, plus don't forget the Captain America Winter Soldier PF...and the Gentle Giant Black Widow ;) I doubt we'll ever get a movieHawkeye PF :dunno or if we do I hope its based off the first Avengers movie....I'm not digging his new Avengers 2 suit...:(

Jeremiah20Johnson20nod.gif

Yea, plus don't forget the Captain America Winter Soldier PF...and the Gentle Giant Black Widow ;) I doubt we'll ever get a movieHawkeye PF :dunno or if we do I hope its based off the first Avengers movie....I'm not digging his new Avengers 2 suit...:(

Well I didn't mention the Winter Soldier Cap PF because he didn't wear that in Avengers nor will he in Avengers 2. I hated his suit in Avengers. My Cap movie PF will suffice for now. I have the Scarlet Black Widow PF but yeah I am looking forward to the GG version.

Well I didn't mention the Winter Soldier Cap PF because he didn't wear that in Avengers nor will he in Avengers 2. I hated his suit in Avengers. My Cap movie PF will suffice for now. I have the Scarlet Black Widow PF but yeah I am looking forward to the GG version.

Yea, I guess its gonna be difficult getting each character wearing the correct suits but I'm not fussed. I'll jest get the best statue of each one and put them in a united Avengers display :rock What are your thoughts on the new Winter Soldier Cap? The pose is proper kick-ass in my opinion. The original one you have is more of a museum pose isn't it...

I'd buy this new Thor if I already didn't have the original which I'm happy with. Congrats to those picking this one up! :duff

Well, if you play your cards right Mark, Jay reckons he'll sort you out this Thor PF for you as a birthday treat :exactly: he told me he's got money to burn :horror ;)

Yea, I guess its gonna be difficult getting each character wearing the correct suits but I'm not fussed. I'll jest get the best statue of each one and put them in a united Avengers display :rock What are your thoughts on the new Winter Soldier Cap? The pose is proper kick-ass in my opinion. The original one you have is more of a museum pose isn't it...

That`s right, The First Avenger Cap is in a museum pose. I really like the new Winter Soldier Cap. Apparently a Winter Soldier PF will be made to complement him and make somewhat of a dio with the two. That will great amazing. It was easily my favorite movie all year.

That`s right, The First Avenger Cap is in a museum pose. I really like the new Winter Soldier Cap. Apparently a Winter Soldier PF will be made to complement him and make somewhat of a dio with the two. That will great amazing. It was easily my favorite movie all year.

100% agree Snads :exactly: although GOTG ran it pretty close too :) are they really releasing a Winter Soldier PF? :horror :thud:

He's up guys

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Didn't want to order the EX :( :gah: what the heck...EX ordered :rock without tempting fate, I hope this piece lives up to the proto...:panic:

Back