Thor: Ragnarok (November 3rd, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta believe Jye was joking. If not then I recognized the genius it was the first time I saw it... And then the all of the brilliance has evaded me with repeat viewings. :lol

I can get behind what you want in a Hulk.. BUT he was given noting to do in this film accept get beat by Thor and do all his fighting off screen.

Hulk is no longer the strongest Avenger.. That goes to Thor and Hulkbuster Iron man..

MU has castrated Hulk

The brilliance with both films is the divide either love it or hate it....not much in between. lol

I had lunch today with Spindrift. We chatted about three of the strongest heroes Thor, Hulk and Supes all being rather watered down by their respective studios. It’s not limited to Hulk imo....

The brilliance with both films is the divide either love it or hate it....not much in between. lol

I had lunch today with Spindrift. We chatted about three of the strongest heroes Thor, Hulk and Supes all being rather watered down by their respective studios. It’s not limited to Hulk imo....

Yeah Hulk is a CGI standee.....now just a gimmick...he's no Stark or even Cap

Not future that mindset has already arrived lol

PT is now > Disney Wars

The horrible writing, acting and directing in the PT was meant to make us work harder to discover the hidden genius.

Last edited:
When the MCU gets too serious -- like Civil War -- I find it atrocious and boring. The "I hurt because I'm different" theme is so tired. Literally every superhero has this problem.

Totally agree with this.

:monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

...BvS... ...genius...

ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif

I adored Ruffalo in Avengers. He bounced off the other characters very well and all his scenes had some form of development or elaboration on his character. Bruce in AOU, however, was essentially just a soundboard for Tony to bounce ideas off, and he was passive, passive, passive; no backbone in sight or anything to say for himself. Not only was this jarring in comparison to Avengers, but it was uninteresting. In Ragnarok he had virtually no arc whatsoever; he was just taken out of his box for some banter and exposition that establishes almost nothing, then put back, and he might as well have never been in the movie at all, because nothing he did will impact how he views the Hulk, his relationship with the other characters, etc. I don't think that's the fault of Ruffalo; I think that's the fault of Marvel simply not respecting the depth and potential of the character.

I adored Ruffalo in Avengers. He bounced off the other characters very well and all his scenes had some form of development or elaboration on his character. Bruce in AOU, however, was essentially just a soundboard for Tony to bounce ideas off, and he was passive, passive, passive; no backbone in sight or anything to say for himself. Not only was this jarring in comparison to Avengers, but it was uninteresting. In Ragnarok he had virtually no arc whatsoever; he was just taken out of his box for some banter and exposition that establishes almost nothing, then put back, and he might as well have never been in the movie at all, because nothing he did will impact how he views the Hulk, his relationship with the other characters, etc. I don't think that's the fault of Ruffalo; I think that's the fault of Marvel simply not respecting the depth and potential of the character.

Banner had his own storyline with BW completely outside of Stark in AOU. He was also the only Avenger to act on the theme of "good guys as monsters" by removing himself from the equation despite personal loss.
Spoiler Spoiler:

All in all I'd say he's been treated pretty well considering he's not getting solo movies.

Banner had his own storyline with BW completely outside of Stark in AOU. He was also the only Avenger to act on the theme of "good guys as monsters" by removing himself from the equation despite personal loss.
Spoiler Spoiler:

All in all I'd say he's been treated pretty well considering he's not getting solo movies.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
One of the few things I didn't get was how Hulk just started talking and Thor was like ok. Since when did Hulk start talking in full sentences?

I had the same thought. I know he said 'Hulk smash' in The Incredible Hulk and 'Puny God' in The Avengers but Thor wasn't witness to either of these. I guess we're supposed to assume Hulk spoke to his fellow Avengers off screen at some point and thus Thor's lack of surprise at Hulk talking.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

But just to be clear, I'm just talking pop movies here and not of the "agree with me or die" constituency. :duff

I had the same thought. I know he said 'Hulk smash' in The Incredible Hulk and 'Puny God' in The Avengers but Thor wasn't witness to either of these. I guess we're supposed to assume Hulk spoke to his fellow Avengers off screen at some point and thus Thor's lack of surprise at Hulk talking.

its also been 2+ years, think of it like a baby learning to talk, it may just happen with time

its also been 2+ years, think of it like a baby learning to talk, it may just happen with time

I know. Once I got over my own surprise at him 'conversing' I realised that there is a good explanation for it. But the point I was taking up from chewblacca's post was - why wasn't Thor in the slightest bit surprised...

Leaving in 2 hours for my 3rd viewing :slap

What? Just got back from my second. I'd happily see this a third time. Second viewing I enjoyed myself more in a way...except -

1) I really noticed using Immigrant Song twice - great song but IMO on second view kinda telegraphed *cheapness* or something. Like "we didn't want to pay for the license for something else":dunno. Some of the music I liked - re Odin and some to me seemed to be imitating Dr. Strange and - IMO annoying. Kinda weird because I think the details in the landscapes and sets is pretty off the charts.

2) I'm in love with Valkyrie. Great character. That's a surprise. LOL Jeff Goldblum:lol.

Might go again next weekend. Happy crowd today.

Did anyone get any new trailers with their screening..just curious if they showed any new JL or TLJ trailers

Back