Thor: Ragnarok (November 3rd, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thor has definitely been the most "nerfed" Avenger. It'd be nice to see him at his full potential for once.

I'd like to see more of a hero's journey with Thor discovering more of the Nine Realms than just Earth and Asgard. Perhaps something where Ragnarok happens, Earth and Asgard is destroyed and Thor must get the help of dwarves to travel to Hel to defeat Surtur. Along the way, he encounters Enchantress, tempting him like Sirens do in the Odyssey. I'd assume one of the gems is involved, so Thor uses the Time gem to reset the events of Ragnarok.

Thor 3 needs to big, I mean really BIG.
Marvel needs to showcase Thors powers and combat prowess in a profound and consistent manner.
The God of Thunder needs to be put on display at the same level Superman is for DC but instead Feige and the other helmers are schizophrenic in his portrayal.

Thor1:Battles numerous Ice giants without being put in any real physical jeopardy, slays huge Ice giant beast in a quick and violent manner (as he should've)and dispatches The Destroyer in a too brief battle where he suffers not a scratch. Sorry Feige The Destroyer is not on the same level as Ice Giants. Thor should've struggled a bit but ultimately won.

Avengers:Thor actually struggles with Iron Man almost as long as he does with the Destroyer! But to be fair the fight in an odd way shows how tough he can be.
He takes repulsors to the face and takes and gives head butts to IM. He takes an overpowered blast from Stark again with no harm. He then proceeds to crush Starks gauntlets in his bare hands and if the battle hadn't been stopped by Cap Thor would've done some serious harm to Tony with no damage to himself.
The comics seem to indicate Thor generally holds back but in Civil War we see how fast Stark gets humbled by an angry Thor.
Thor fights Hulk. If anyone can give Thor trouble it should be Hulk and he does. A case can be made again that Thor was holding back because he tries to reason with Banner and doesn't want to put the helicarrier and its crew in more danger by an all out brawl.
Thor struggles with Loki. Again Thor tries to reason with Loki and what's it get him? Shived.
Thor is actually shown in a more accurate level of strength for the rest of the film. Takes out multiple soldiers with lightning strikes and bottles up the portal with
massive damage to the enemy. He's in no real danger during the whole battle. The enemy has no real way to counter him and he cuts a swath. Awesome!

Thor2: Kills a big rock giant for laughs, fine, no problem. Malkith kills Thors mother and the best Thor can come up with is 3rd degree burns on one side of Malkiths face from lightning! ( Remember Thor taking out all those soldiers and monster transports in Avengers with lightning bolts?)
I guess Thor forgot to pay his electric bill cuz they ain't dealing as much damage here.
He then battles Kurse and Kurse is man handling him! wtf! Kurse is strong in the comics but not that tough.
An ubsurd scene is shown of Kurse casually deflecting Thor's hammer as Thor is calling it. Kurse seems to actually have Thor on the ropes before Loki intervenes saving the day, disgraceful. What happened to the Thor who was kicking ass in the Avengers?! No reason to hold back here, Jane and the nine worlds are in real peril! What beats Kurse? A warp grenade! Thors powers are inferior to a mass produced elven warp grenade. Thor actually has the power to create portals and warps with his hammer in the comics but Feige was content to undermine him by Loki stepping in.
Thor then has a protracted battle with a possessed/ empowered Malkith whom he can't seem to make any head way against. Who saves the day? Jane and her teleporting rods.
Not a good outing for Thor, apparently he's nothing with out his co stars.

Avenger2: Thor has surprisingly little to do here. Beats up some Hydra flunkies, takes out some Ultron bots. Goes on a heavily edited dream quest. Gets driven to his knees by Ultron Prime only to have Vision save him with his own hammer. Takes part in some convoluted plan to destroy the city with Stark.
Awful if you're a Thor fan.

Thor3: The son of Odin needs to go medieval on his enemies in this outing. He needs to brutally dispatch bad guys with out remorse and kill Loki himself as only a Norse Thunder God of legend can. He must not be dependent on anyone else in this outing, especially mortals. His whole range of powers must be put on display and pushed to the limit with huge consequences to the universe if he fails. Fans need to come out of this movie thinking Thor is the undisputed heavy weight of the Marvel universe and Thanos should pee a little thinking about facing him even with the Infinity gauntlet.

Exactly. This is MCU's greatest failing, letting Thor be Thor.

Marvel has almost RUINED Thor in the films- first Thor the best. However AoU Thor was underused and pitiful, like IM was.

I wonder if they'll fall to temptation to introduce the Lady Thor. This is Hemsworth's last one isn't it other than the two Avengers movies? Even if they do it, I could imagine using both really.

S6cJeSg.png

If so I want a new Jane. Portman has been a meh Jane and they could definitely do better. They could just pull a Ruffalo and just recast and ignore the previous.

If they don't recast Portman, Lady Thor will never work in live action.

I rather take Angela over Lady Thor.

But if there is going to be a lead female role in this film, it SHOULD be Lady Sif or Enchantress.

Back