1/6 Thor: Ragnarok - 1/6th scale Stan Lee? Collectible Figure - Toy Fair Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
today release

Attachments

• 377adab44aed2e7329c6e4739001a18b87d6fa46.jpg
    377adab44aed2e7329c6e4739001a18b87d6fa46.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 205
The last one made sense with the rock base chair, but that box ought to be more or less empty unless they happened to have thrown in Thor’s ‘barber’ chair.

Yikes...looks cheap AF!

HT your constant dedication to improving quality and upping the game never ceases to amaze me!!!

Is this (the plastic clamshell) possibly a special display package strictly for Secret Base / in-store sales?

No, the Orange Space suit Stan had the same type of packaging. It's how they're rolling with the Stan releases. I guess they're going for the retro look. As far as I remember it can be taken apart without having to cut it open.

69004245_3027175174022112_6461712386263875584_n.jpg

Which makes a little more sense for that rock chair base. What, if anything, is in the Barber box? The figure is all on the left of it! :lol

I feel like the company that bought Stan Lee's POW Entertainment did so in order to use Stan's likeness to make merchandise. That's probably why there's been an influx of Stan Lee merchandise lately. Unfortunately I don't think they know about the products they are releasing. They probably had input in final packaging and decided on this. I don't think they realize that this isn't a toy but a high end collectible.

I feel like the company that bought Stan Lee's POW Entertainment did so in order to use Stan's likeness to make merchandise. That's probably why there's been an influx of Stan Lee merchandise lately. Unfortunately I don't think they know about the products they are releasing. They probably had input in final packaging and decided on this. I don't think they realize that this isn't a toy but a high end collectible.

The name of the company is literally 'hot toys' so you can't blame them 100% for not knowing its a collectible figure and not a child's toy. They probably saw the name of the licensee and assumed it was just another toy manufacturer so they went with the clamshell packaging every other figure comes in.

This guy looks great. I'd love to pick this guy up but he'd really have no place in my collection other than just being cool to have a Stan Lee figure in a cool Kirby-esque outfit. If he was under $200 I may have picked him up. But I have a list of other figures I want way more than this guy.

Mostly just sticking to Star Wars figures. My Marvel MCU days are mostly over other than a few future characters here and there.

The name of the company is literally 'hot toys' so you can't blame them 100% for not knowing its a collectible figure and not a child's toy. They probably saw the name of the licensee and assumed it was just another toy manufacturer so they went with the clamshell packaging every other figure comes in.

That's pretty absurd. It's not like this is 1950 and people are mailing letters and asking for a license to something. There's no way they absolutely aren't showing exactly what they want to do and almost certainly the price they're selling it at. HT has pretty free reign over MCU packaging design as oppose to Star Wars where they have to all use that same design like Sideshow has to.

Back