1/6 Thor: Ragnarok - 1/6th scale Stan Lee? Collectible Figure - Toy Fair Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
diecast HT figures are still mostly plastic it's the paint that makes them look more metallic. So it just needs a better paint job.

Well, I disagree. The difference between a Iron Man DC and plastic is pretty stark to me. But yeah, maybe a better paint job would help. I don't know. I think I just don't like like the look. It is too much like a Marvel Legend. Like Rocket Racoon.

Well, I disagree. The difference between a Iron Man DC and plastic is pretty stark to me. But yeah, maybe a better paint job would help. I don't know. I think I just don't like like the look. It is too much like a Marvel Legend. Like Rocket Racoon.

I have like 20 plus all plastic Iron Man figures and all the diecast ones. They just painted the ones with some diecast to look more metallic, they could easily do the same with any plastic figure, accessory or arm. The paint on my diecast MK6 and all plastic 2012 Avengers MK6 are exactly the same. They look like they were painted the same day at the same place at the same time. I was very suprised. I'm just talking paint not size, articulation or all the other improvements on the newer one.

I do agree Stans arm doesn't look as good as it should.

The only Ragnarok figure i have is Hela and he would not fit with her so i'll be passing on this one. I will be looking forward to seeing in hand photos with Ragnarok Thor when he ships.

Do you have the later plastic armors from the HPP? Everyone says this but they are comparing toys that are 8 years old to ones made now, because all the mainline suits have been made with diecast for years. But Shotgun for example has all the posing and innovation of the later diecast suits and it is made of plastic, same with Disco. It is not the metal that makes the newer suits better, it is updated engineering and paint. Diecast just costs more and is heavy.

Yeah, but I bet you can't tell which parts on the "diecast" figures are actually diecast and not plastic. Hint - most of the parts are still plastic. If you paint them the same, there's no visual difference.

I thought they are all Stark......
:hi5:

This figure is ok, not as nice as the previous figures. I would get it if I werent deluged with endgame figures. I think this will stick around for a while.

Got an early pre-order e-mail from Sideshow. I don't have any interest in this one but that means it should be up for general pre-order on their site soon.

$235 not bad, would have bitten but after the reveal of the Stark figure last night, will hold off

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-stan-lee-hot-toys-906326
That's actually a good point, since the GOTG one had the moon seat.

Either way I'm holding off as well, financially. Other stuff takes priority on the PO list. Plus I'm satisfied with my GOTG one, as he sort of is an all encompassing cameo figure as he's a Watcher informant.

It'll hurt to break my complete Ragnarok line though....

So tempted on this. Especially since you can remove the scissor thing and just have him with regular hands. In a cool Jack Kirby esque outfit. Wonder if this the last or they'll make more Stan Lee figures.

This figure actually looked pretty decent in the recently released Hot Toys Summer Showcase video...this might have just moved to my Maybe list...we'll see...

JC recently posted a test paint update photo...it actually looks pretty good here...

stan lee.jpg

Back