Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thinking I might give him the blowdryer treatment.....:lol:lol

Will see what they say...:dunno unless they're thinking he might settle like some of the Daredevil pieces have and one day might just be laying on the floor.....

thinking I might give him the blowdryer treatment.....:lol:lol

Will see what they say...:dunno unless they're thinking he might settle like some of the Daredevil pieces have and one day might just be laying on the floor.....

Well, if they are willing to fully refund you if it does topple over in the future, then I'd say take a chance. I remember someone here had a problem with his Sinestro PF starting to lean. I believe he contacted CS and they told him if it gets worse, they'll give him a full refund. Sure enough, after a few months the lean got worse and he had to send it back. They gave him a full refund. Hopefully, they can do something similar for you.

Thats a big flaw. Wonder how thats even possible if they are all cast the same? / meant to be.

yeah I really don't understand it either, though it's not the first time I've ran into them sending me a replacement part and something not fitting the same as the original one I received. If they are all made the same then they should all fit the same, but I'm thinking there must be a lot of minor tweaking taking place to make these statues fit together at the factory. So that's why we get different fitting pieces over here I'm guessing.

I ended up returning mine for a refund. The foot didn't quite touch the base (though not as bad as Quad's), the shoulder gap was very noticeable, and the sword was a bit bent. Overall, just not satisfied. Really not a fan of the base being in two pieces either.

Only when Thor had to rub one out....

Haha! :lol .....sorry! sorry ...couldn't help myself.

Seriously tho ...I would go to the SSC website and request a replacement. Especially if the paint rub is obvious and easily seen in pics. They'll ask for pics anyway.

Just received my statue and unfortunately the hammer broke off where it connects to the hand. I looked inside and realised the Styrofoam wasn't cut properly or something and it must have broke during transport. God dammit Sideshow. Wil Sideshow will send me a new hand? Or will they pull a stupid $10 refund and make my display my statue without a hand.

Just received my statue and unfortunately the hammer broke off where it connects to the hand. I looked inside and realised the Styrofoam wasn't cut properly or something and it must have broke during transport. God dammit Sideshow. Wil Sideshow will send me a new hand? Or will they pull a stupid $10 refund and make my display my statue without a hand.

It's been my experience that SSC will replace broken pieces on most of their merch. It seems it's harder to get them to replace pieces with paint defects for whatever reason but they are usually pretty good about replacing broken pieces. Good luck getting a replacement.

So i just noticed after further inspection that my cape is not fully sitting down into the body, so when i place the head on top it doesn't fully fit. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Also the left arm has no magnet and is sort of a loose fit into the left slot.

I just got my piece and sadly the cape is not fully sitting into the body as well. If I put the cape on, the head won't settle. Thor defect.JPG

So i just noticed after further inspection that my cape is not fully sitting down into the body, so when i place the head on top it doesn't fully fit. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Also the left arm has no magnet and is sort of a loose fit into the left slot.

Sounds like you god a bad statue man. If you aren't in love with it you should get a refund but if you this is the Thor for you request a full replacement.

I still am not in love with the look of his left hand (but that's just me). Based on the comments in this thread, most folks seem to really like this statue. To me, that is what makes this hobby great - there is something for everyone.

He has a much more epic presence in person especially when you realize you are looking at a statue that is a nanosecond away from hitting the crap out of someone lol. Like you flinch when you see him hoping he isnt going to crack your skull.

Back