Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went on the waitlist last week and it converted almost immediately. Charged today, should be shipping next week. I feel like this is a piece that I need to see in hand to fully appreciate.

Same here, I actually cancelled my first WL conversion only to change my mind a month later and it still converted with in a day or two....I just hope it arrives as a decent piece and not a returned piece that someone else didn't want. That has happened before with SSC.

Same here, I actually cancelled my first WL conversion only to change my mind a month later and it still converted with in a day or two....I just hope it arrives as a decent piece and not a returned piece that someone else didn't want. That has happened before with SSC.

My concern too. Good luck to us both! :hi5:

Mine arrives this Tuesday.

I just got mine, have to open it up to see how it looks......What has been the history of this piece and issues that others have had????
I haven't been following the thread that much.

I just got mine, have to open it up to see how it looks......What has been the history of this piece and issues that others have had????
I haven't been following the thread that much.

I haven't heard of many issues. Maybe some neck seem gap issues but that's because some people didn't assemble the cape/belt properly.

Also, some arm gap issues on the left arm, I believe. That also seem related to proper assembly (getting the tunic out of the way).

You're better off to open and inspect the statue without going out of your way to find issues that other people have found. All that matters is that it looks good to you and that you're satisfied with your purchase.

True, I've never been one to worry about gaps, as that is something you live with statues when they have individual parts most of the time. I had a Rhino Com years ago though that the neck seriously had a 1/8-1/4 gap and SSC pretty much told me all the others were the same. So I ordered another one and guess what it was good....That was the start of my curved ordering from ssc at that point. Pretty much before the dollar took a dive my ordering was less than a 1/4 of normal.

Just received mine. Not really happy about the arm gap. No fabric in between either:

image.jpeg

Yeah mine was the same but I kept playing with it and it eventually went into place. The other issue I have though is when I was installing the cap into the mounting/hanging hole it wouldn't go down all the way. I gently wiggled it and got it to go down i'm estimating half way but stopped cause it was way to hard going and slowly wiggled it back out only to here a pop..... Well the whole bottom of the hole where the pin goes in busted out and fell inside the statue. Now it goes in nice and easy, only problem is that if I choose to resell it later....Good luck... and now the cape seems to sit back and tilts upwards and the head is lifted up drastically....

The pieces that I managed to shake out seem to be pretty thin for such a large piece to hang off of, though I imagine that it would of been ok if the pin would of fit nice and smoothly in the first place.

not to mention theres a pretty good mark/scratch on his back leg which could be easily fixed since it is just black paint. But this is kinda ******.....

erbcra.jpg

11w67uc.jpg

25yyqdt.jpg

Damn quad, that sucks. He really is a nice piece if you get a good one. Try contacting CS and see if they can help you out.

yeah I already sent them an email, I'm sure they will look after it. unless they are all of a sudden sold out as I got this one off the wait list.

Well they emailed me back withing a day and said they were sending me a new body which I wasn't really happy about since anytime they have sent me a piece theres been an issue with fit etc. not sure why but it seems these things need to match up from the factory or at least it seem to work out that way for me......

Well I got the new body today and while the cape fits nicely the left leg where the original one sat nicely on the base this one is suspended up in the air over a 1/4 of an inch and looks quite silly. I've had a few pieces where parts don't quite sit properly and haven't worried about it as they were barely noticeable, but this is quite bad...

2l9gjk8.jpg

2pr5swn.jpg

I don't think it looks silly. It just looks like he's running up the stairs. Hope it doesn't cause balance issue or more stress on the statue somehow. Its such a great statue though. I hope you can still enjoy it and not obsess on flaws

:lol:lol:lol obsess over flaws....If one thing dealing with sideshow over the years has taught me is to not worry about the small flaws......
I guess it's just a matter of opinion. I always look at it as if I was looking at a statue for sale in a store, would I but it with said flaw????? In most cases I have fixed minor flaws or just ignored them since it doesn't take away from the statue.

It's a matter of opinion I guess, I'm sure most wouldn't be happy with a 1/4" gap on any statue. Hell I've seen people lose it over much smaller seams or gaps on statues.....:lol:lol

Oh wow that was quick, its seems SSC is getting better at responding to emails at least.
So basically they said to accept it as they are sure it will settle over time.......WOW :lol:lol I've never heard that one before, and accept a $40 refund or ship it back for refund. Which is odd since I have never had to ship an item back, as I have always had to destroy the statue since I'm an international customer.
Anyways sent message back asking about the return possibility and then someone else can not OBSESS over such a flaw.....:monkey3

Back