Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant see someones point when they are saying they are against how the designer went off the source material. I appreciate it more that they stay accurate even if I feel my own input is better. When I seen it (it stood out to me also at first) I said is that how its supposed to be? I tried to remember how he was in the comic and I just couldn't picture his tunic flaps so I went to my shelf and looked at the cover of Thor #1 and it just made me realize how well this statue was executed. For those that dont know what cover I am talking about peep this Cover_of_Thor_3-1.jpg

No one stated it was against source material. Someone said it looked odd with four sculpted buttons and two printed. I said I agreed when I first saw it but it doesn't even register now.

Good point and true, but doesn't mean it isn't irksome on the statue. Thanks for the reference photo.

I must be misunderstanding this ^.

On a side note Disliking something that is the way its "supposed" to be brings me to the same conclusion. Disliking it because its to accurate ? i dont know.

I got Thor and his arm that is extending out seems quite loose.... it doesn't seem like it will fall off.... but there is just a small gap..... The underside of that arm is also pretty dark.

Is any of this normal?

that must be the fabric that its stuck around the peg hole, the underside of the arm is like that.
I got Thor and his arm that is extending out seems quite loose.... it doesn't seem like it will fall off.... but there is just a small gap..... The underside of that arm is also pretty dark.

Is any of this normal?

Got these three in today! Didn't even realize Thor's outfit was fabric :lol I really don't like the bottom two buttons that are just printed on. Does not look that good. I think there could have been a better way to do that. Pretty happy with Thor though. He looks great.

PfTdHe1.jpg

that must be the fabric that its stuck around the peg hole, the underside of the arm is like that.

Fabric was stuck a little, but the gap has gone down now. Eased my mind on the arm being dark :lol Thank you, appreciate it!

Got these three in today! Didn't even realize Thor's outfit was fabric[emoji38]I really don't like the bottom two buttons that are just printed on. Does not look that good. I think there could have been a better way to do that.

That's the topic of the day in this thread.

Thanks for pointing out that the two circles on the lower portion of his top are true to the source material. Add such, I agree that it was perfectly executed but I'm still going to return mine due to the defects on the cape and head. :( Admittedly, this really lacked the wow factor that I was hoping it would have had (I set my expectation too high).

I do, however, love the tailored top and the sculpted cape is beautiful. If they could have replaced the defective parts, I'd have kept it.

Thanks for pointing out that the two circles on the lower portion of his top are true to the source material. Add such, I agree that it was perfectly executed but I'm still going to return mine due to the defects on the cape and head. :( Admittedly, this really lacked the wow factor that I was hoping it would have had (I set my expectation too high).

I do, however, love the tailored top and the sculpted cape is beautiful. If they could have replaced the defective parts, I'd have kept it.

This statue is very good. But I agree that the pose on the original PF was unbeatable.

Quick question. Can only hammer control third lightnight? Or is it possible for him to shoot it from his hand while holding the hammer? (Opposite hand, the one not holding the hammer)

Why wouldn't they replace it???

Why wouldn't they replace it???

After waiting 11 days with no response, I called them and the girl that I spoke to said that the pictures were received and that she'd get back to me in a day or two. The next day, I received an email that simply stated that my return request was being processed and yesterday, I received my return label so I'm assuming that they cannot replace the parts.

After waiting two years, I have to admit it is a disappointment to have to return it. I was looking it over again last night and was really liking it...right down to the painted veins on the hands....nice touch.

I may call them later today to clarify about replacement parts. Normally, they give me a choice so this was kind of strange.

After waiting 11 days with no response, I called them and the girl that I spoke to said that the pictures were received and that she'd get back to me in a day or two. The next day, I received an email that simply stated that my return request was being processed and yesterday, I received my return label so I'm assuming that they cannot replace the parts.

After waiting two years, I have to admit it is a disappointment to have to return it. I was looking it over again last night and was really liking it...right down to the painted veins on the hands....nice touch.

I may call them later today to clarify about replacement parts. Normally, they give me a choice so this was kind of strange.

sounds like you are getting a complete replacement but I may be wrong. That exact scenario happened to me with Kerrigan

Went on the waitlist last week and it converted almost immediately. Charged today, should be shipping next week. I feel like this is a piece that I need to see in hand to fully appreciate.

Back