Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new shelves should be installed here in the next month or two. Then Thor is breaking out and back on display. This was a sleeper hit for me. I didn't really think I'd get it with having the original, but this piece is boss.

Congrats brother! It's awesome!

You won't regret it. He's awesome.

I dig mine. Lobo and this Thor PF were the best mixed media statues of the last year IMO.

Thanks guys... In all honesty I had no intention of getting this. Back when it was first announced I was one of the ones who thought it looked off. Then the pics came in and I thought it turned out great but still was going to wait for another thor. Then I watched the In hand videos and I was like, "Yep that's it" Does not hurt that I got it for under 360. shipped. So almost 100.00 less then if I got it shipped from SSC... That helped in pulling the trigger. :)

Now I got to figure out which Cap I want.

Last edited:
Why is this man, clearly not Thor? He looks nothing like him; it's just some random man in Thor's costume.

Would have been a much better statue if it is of Thor.

The original Thor PF had Thor's face (and everything else).

Why is this man, clearly not Thor? He looks nothing like him; it's just some random man in Thor's costume.

Would have been a much better statue if it is of Thor.

The original Thor PF had Thor's face (and everything else).

His portrait is one of the best parts about this statue. It's so life like and stunning in person. My son said it's the most real looking portrait he's ever seen. We both love it and think it looks amazing.

I feel the exact opposite. I think this piece looks EXACTLY like what I see in the comics. Couldn't be happier. :lol

That is not the face of Thor. That is a fact. It is the truth. There can be no discussion. You are wrong and always will be.

Sorry, you obviously don't know what your saying. This piece looks exactly like Thor. Chap is 100% right (along with Savage and myself) and always will be. :lecture

I have a man cave that is decidedly Thor based. It's called the Thor cave. I have the first 100 Thor comics, and then probably 60% of every Thor comic ever made. I have just about every Thor statue you can imagine and prop replicas out the wazoo. All Thor. I have read almost every Thor comic ever written and drawn.

ChunkyZergling isn't exactly incorrect. He has a decent argument in what Thor has looked like and there is a disconnect between the costume brought to us by Olivier Coipel and the facial structure of the Modern Thor PF. The chin is not square. The features of very deep making the lines in his face look older in pictures and somewhat in person. Pre release this statue was highly criticized for it's EX, the fruity left arm pose (Despite the fact he is swinging like a pro baseball pitcher) and the old man Thor look.

In hand, like most statues, things are seen as a whole and. They knocked this statue out of the park as a mixed media modern statue to place along the new Marvel SSC statues. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want the face of this and the Batman PF to not have so many deep lines in their face. But at the end of the day, he looks awesome.

Having said that, ChunkyZergling made a huge mistake trying to got an assertive post into an absolute post based on arrogance.

That is not the face of Thor. That is a fact. It is the truth. There can be no discussion. You are wrong and always will be.

This sentence here, it is everything wrong with the old Pop Culture regime and the new one as well. "Facts" and "Truth" by an individual opinion. Ending a conversation with it is even worse. Insulting someone at the end of it, Well you just need to shake your head and move on.

Back