Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welp mine sucks. Another one mailed back. Try to get a regular now. The hairs chipped off. The paint on the cape is cracking. There's a big scratch on Ragnorak, and there's black paint spots on the lower leg around the boot. Really really wanted this one.

20151219_113248.jpg
20151219_113303.jpg
20151219_113444.jpg20151219_113916.jpg
20151219_113957.jpg
20151219_114623.jpg

The only flaw I found is a small paint chip on hand but it doesn't bother me enough to complain
20151219_104605.jpg

I agree that the paint chip is not a big deal. I would ask for a minor refund and be satisfied and just tough up the paint myself.

I just received my PF Thor last night in a battered box and when I separated the styrofoam holding him, one of the wings from his helmet had broken off and fell out. For anyone that has had previous experience, would it be better to just try and glue it back on or contact SS and see about sending it back? I haven't had any problems prior to this so I'm not sure which way would be the better way to go.

I just received my PF Thor last night in a battered box and when I separated the styrofoam holding him, one of the wings from his helmet had broken off and fell out. For anyone that has had previous experience, would it be better to just try and glue it back on or contact SS and see about sending it back? I haven't had any problems prior to this so I'm not sure which way would be the better way to go.

I'd ask SS to replace it. You spent a lot of money, and should receive a perfect statue.

Yeah lean issues they took to correct < Broken statue you received. Ask for replacement imediately.

The chip is on the vein and I'm no painter. I'll probably leave it I'd make it worse trying to paint it. It is not that noticeable as is
Honestly a small dot like that is easy to cover. Just go to any hobby store go to the acrylic paint section and pick out a flesh tone and a white and mix the two on a seperate sheet of paper until you get as close as you can to the color they used the carefully with a small brush apply a thin amount to the paint chipped part. It'll blend easily and when dries you can dab it with a small amount of matte finish if you choose to buy that too and you'll probably never tell the difference.

Honestly a small dot like that is easy to cover. Just go to any hobby store go to the acrylic paint section and pick out a flesh tone and a white and mix the two on a seperate sheet of paper until you get as close as you can to the color they used the carefully with a small brush apply a thin amount to the paint chipped part. It'll blend easily and when dries you can dab it with a small amount of matte finish if you choose to buy that too and you'll probably never tell the difference.

Matching the color is the hard part.

Back