Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm kind of underwhelmed by this piece. It might just be that I'm falling out of love with this hobby, but if I wasn't trying to complete an Avengers display, I don't think I'd get him. As per usual, pics don't do him justice, and he looks way better in person - but he doesn't "wow" me. And when pieces are costing around $500 a piece, they should.

EDIT - Those that have it, how bad is the seem between his body and his arm? Mine is pretty noticeable.

Recieved my Thor last night. The left arm seems as if it could easily fall off. It's not incredibly loose but I can move it by barely touching it. It makes me a little nervous. Does anyone else have this issue with their Thor?

Check to make sure the tunic is not interfering with the arm attachment. I had to stretch mine out of the way in order to insert the left arm. There are no issues with breakage or paint and the statue looks fantastic but it was one of the most difficult I've had to assemble. The belt did not fit well and I had to stretch it to get it to attach. The cape did not drop in easily and I had to hover over it moving it until it would drop down into position. It's a very dynamic pose and I guess the tradeoff is the assembly difficulty.

Check to make sure the tunic is not interfering with the arm attachment. I had to stretch mine out of the way in order to insert the left arm. There are no issues with breakage or paint and the statue looks fantastic but it was one of the most difficult I've had to assemble. The belt did not fit well and I had to stretch it to get it to attach. The cape did not drop in easily and I had to hover over it moving it until it would drop down into position. It's a very dynamic pose and I guess the tradeoff is the assembly difficulty.

Thanks. I'll see if that's the problem.

Man the blue veins in the hands, the fact that they toned down the age lines, the costume, this thing is absolutely phenomenal. I still love my original classic Thor but this one is an equally good take on the thunder god. I think what makes this work is facing him, Cap and Hulk all slanted at an angle toward the right. I took a heroclix Antman and removed him from the base and put him on Thor's right thigh like he's jumping off him and it looks hilariously cool.

And I'll actually say that the sword even looks stellar. I just wish you could have had it to where you could attach it to his chest leather in the back to have it look like he's got it hilted on his back whilst throwing mjolnir. Or replaced it with his axe. As far as his body at first glance he looks like he's somewhat similar to Cap in physique but when you really start to look he is alot bulkier in his arms legs and torso. Dude is jacked. And wow they weren't kidding about the lean issue. Before I found the new corrective base part I was putting him together and had a few scares.I suggest lifting up on the original base a smidgen and then putting the new piece down and setting the original back down it to make it look super close together.

For those of you who fear the loosness I buy small round earth magnets. You dont even have to remove the originals just set one on the original and then another on the arm, head, etc. They are relatively cheap to buy.

SSC nailed this one. I'm telling you toning down the facial lines made this possibly the best statue of 2015.

I can't read people's minds or see the future but I think this is a piece that people are going to kick themselves for not getting. It's amazing. I can't say anything bad about it.

Where does one get these earth magnets? What kind do you get? Sorry, I'm pretty new to the statue scene.
I just received my thor today and i love it. He does have a loose arm though.

My head, hand and arm all seem loose. Not to the point where I think they'll fall out, but the magnets are definitely weaker than other statues. Otherwise, another phenomenal piece. Nice work SS.

Check the tunic to see if it is jammed in the crack between the arm and the torso. Mine was like that until I pulled it back and out of the way, then it stabilized and was no longer loose. The head was a little loose also and I noticed that the cape was not completely seated. After I wiggled the cape some more it dropped down onto the body more and the head seating improved.

I got mine today and the shipper was soaked and filthy. The box has no plastic over it and wasn't even closed correctly. Sometimes SS is awfully lazy for no ****ing reason like what the **** . I was like oh here we go again BUT when I opened it 0 issues I was shocked. I was worried 1st the shipper saturated and then the box not even closed properly unpacking it had me worried. The tape was nice and crisp holding the styrofoam together really snug I took everything out and put it together inspecting each piece. The left arm took me a little bit but the seam is almost completely hidden now, you can not see unless you look under his arm. The sword is huge and looks great which is a little bit of a shame because I wont ever display it in hand but i really don't want to put it in the box I want it displayed with him somehow. A few minor thing I noticed, the leather strap and belt are not of the same quality or build as in the proto and they look cheap if the inside is seen at all. Mine came creased from shipping but overtime will drop and I might even put something on it to get the desired look. The add-on to the base fixed the balance issue completely and if you judge it by pics you may fall into a trap that it looks like 2 pieces but in person it fits snug and look completely organic as if Thor himself cracked it as he took that booming step about to destroy someone. I am very pleased with this statue and as usual after a few days-weeks I will make my final judgment as it sits on my shelf.

I took a heroclix Antman and removed him from the base and put him on Thor's right thigh like he's jumping off him and it looks hilariously cool.

I did the same thing with my Thor Frog and yes, it's hilarious given that Thor Frog just may eat him for a snack. I call it the EX version.

Got Thor, also without plastic to cover the art box, thought it was the custom fault! Anyway, this PF is all kind of majestic, really love it. Wish the EX was better, since the hammer is the only way to go for me, but anyway, overall, it turned out fantastic for me.
vUgZ3Hb.jpg

wRFXfm6.jpg

gdM0ZUY.jpg

OuVvMen.jpg

SvZZxsS.jpg

CmUQIgT.jpg

hobRkRR.jpg

sbrfYyv.jpg

and yes, it does fit nicely in a besta :)
Fx7F5k7.jpg

Got Thor, also without plastic to cover the art box, thought it was the custom fault! Anyway, this PF is all kind of majestic, really love it. Wish the EX was better, since the hammer is the only way to go for me, but anyway, overall, it turned out fantastic for me.

and yes, it does fit nicely in a besta :)
Fx7F5k7.jpg

:) I have mine with Thor Frog too, they fit nicely together.

Pretty sure SSC switched something for Mr. Green. The box said 604, for both the brown shipper and the art box, but the base said 564/750.

The pin doesn't go totally in so both foot are slightly raised but not a problem. Front, bottom, of base got a chip or unpainted dot. Also not a problem. His left fingers got this pointy ladies finger/nails look to it. 98% happy with this Thor.

"You don't need to see the pictures... *waves hand*" - Jedi Master Green

i received mine and could not be happier. this along with lobo premium format were the best statues that i got this year. if you need one thor in your collection don't hesitate get one while you can. here is an unboxing video with some size comparison at the end

https://youtu.be/XiA7nWaIABE

Back