Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this going to have the younger looking face sculpt? I thought way back in the threads there was a pic of one which got me excited, but I can't find it anywhere. I still struggle with this old man look. If they do a younger version I'm all in, otherwise I think I will skip. I just have no idea where they pulled this face from. All the Thor comics I grew up on didn't look anything like this. Here's hoping they change it.

Is this going to have the younger looking face sculpt? I thought way back in the threads there was a pic of one which got me excited, but I can't find it anywhere. I still struggle with this old man look. If they do a younger version I'm all in, otherwise I think I will skip. I just have no idea where they pulled this face from. All the Thor comics I grew up on didn't look anything like this. Here's hoping they change it.

No. There was pictures from an expo that made his face look smoother, but I think it was just because of the low quality photos. I hope someone does a younger, Olivier coipel style face.

It is a Coipel styled face, with a smidgen of Marko Djurdjevic and hint Esad Ribic

I don't see it.

Acomicbookorange-Episode23GreenLanternThorOlivierCoipel709.jpg

I spoke with SSC customer service. It is not coming until June the earliest. The coming soon section must have slipped through the cracks.

I checked out Ribic but it still doesn't look like this sculpt to me. It is more mature, but not like an older man. The one thing Thor seemed to always have in common to me was that he kept a young look. I think I just really wanted a Thor so I could get the Avengers PF series and have been trying to convince myself he looks good. With the weird looking hand (even if based on art) and his legs in the wrong position, I may have to pass....

SSC stated, "Inspired by costume designs defined by Marvel artist Olivier Coipel", so one can assume that meant only the outfit and not the face. And the stupid sword is so annoying. they should've picked the axe, the younger Thor use since he isn't worthy or lost his worthiness to use the hammer.

I LOVE Ribic's artwork and the head sculpt on Thor reminds me of his work. I really like the head sculpt as is and hope SSC doesn't change a thing on it.

I'm with you on this one. I love the head sculpt on this one and would be very disappointed if it changed.

Back