Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks like HHH from the WWE IMO

He looks like a hardened Viking warrior. It works for me. Never really cared for pretty boy Thor. I always liked the artists that gave him a little more grit to his appearance. I know he's a prince but more than anything, I always saw Thor as a warrior and the portrait on this PF really captures that feel for me personally.

He looks like a hardened Viking warrior. It works for me. Never really cared for pretty boy Thor. I always liked the artists that gave him a little more grit to his appearance. I know he's a prince but more than anything, I always saw Thor as a warrior and the portrait on this PF really captures that feel for me personally.

Wasn't implying that it looked bad or anything, but that is first thing that came to mind when I first saw it. Nice looking statue though.

This is my final PO from sideshow. I was able to cancel my others and transfer it to this. I'm just grail hunting from now on ;)

Wasn't implying that it looked bad or anything, but that is first thing that came to mind when I first saw it. Nice looking statue though.
I was just spouting my thoughts on his portrait and that I like it. I didn't mean to make it sound like you were slamming the piece. Besides, I agree with you. Triple H is a rugged looking dude and I think this Thor portrait has that similar feel.

Dear Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of the Modern Age Thor PF!

We received an update from our production staff about your statue and wanted to share it with you! We are working hard on your hand crafted Thor statue and wanted to inform you that your item will begin arriving into our warehouse and shipping out to you between July and August of 2015.

We apologize for the delay but we wanted to make sure we kept you updated on your item’s status. Should you need to make any adjustments to your pre-order as a result of this information, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team.

Best Regards,

The Sideshow Team

Dear Collector,

We received an update from our production staff about your statue and wanted to share it with you! We are working hard on your hand crafted Thor statue and wanted to inform you that your item will begin arriving into our warehouse and shipping out to you between July and August of 2015.

We apologize for the delay but we wanted to make sure we kept you updated on your item’s status. Should you need to make any adjustments to your pre-order as a result of this information, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team.

Best Regards,

The Sideshow Team

Yeah I received the same email. 8(

crazy that the EX is not even low or waitlist yet.....its the weird fatty face and sword

I think its the sword and that weird hand posture. I personally think it makes sense if you wanted to swing a heavy item with your right and you were on steps that is the motion you would naturally make with your left but it is the thing I hear most from people.

It is waitlisted

Last edited:
Dear Collector,

Best Regards,

The Sideshow Team

I don't have that email yet, but it's probably coming soon

I wish I knew there was an EX, I pre ordered the regular a while ago. I'll be going on the waiting list and see what happens now

What you guys recommend is best Thor to go with CAP PF and Iron Man Hot Toys Mark 43?

Tried this on the XM board, but no responses. I want to really love this Thor but the old face and hand pose just keeps me unsettled. Problem is I can't find anything to match the other 2 well and will be a really long time before another one comes out after this I would guess.

What you guys recommend is best Thor to go with CAP PF and Iron Man Hot Toys Mark 43?

Tried this on the XM board, but no responses. I want to really love this Thor but the old face and hand pose just keeps me unsettled. Problem is I can't find anything to match the other 2 well and will be a really long time before another one comes out after this I would guess.

Thats up to you now isn't it?

It's pretty obvious you really are not feeling this PF so pick up the XM Thor. If neither of them work for you, check out both of the 1/4 movie statues. Maybe one of them will work for you. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until some company releases another 1/4 Thor. I'm having this problem with the Hulk. I don't care for any of SSC's Hulk PFs nor do I like the XM Hulk. I've been waiting a very loooong time for a raging modern 1/4 Hulk. After years, my wait continues.

It's pretty obvious you really are not feeling this PF so pick up the XM Thor. If neither of them work for you, check out both of the 1/4 movie statues. Maybe one of them will work for you. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until some company releases another 1/4 Thor. I'm having this problem with the Hulk. I don't care for any of SSC's Hulk PFs nor do I like the XM Hulk. I've been waiting a very loooong time for a raging modern 1/4 Hulk. After years, my wait continues.

Ha. He probably has no idea it's a bit more difficult than to just "pick up" an anticipated XM statue. It's more like "do your best to find one".

Ha. He probably has no idea it's a bit more difficult than to just "pick up" an anticipated XM statue. It's more like "do your best to find one".
Lol Peedi. Yes I know that all too well. Its especially hard when I'm in Aus, as we aren't on their distribution list either, for what reason I have no idea.

Thanks fillip. Lot more constructive than koopa. I was just wondering if there was even some older Thors I may have forgotten about that would work. I think I'l wait for video reviews on the SS one before I make my decision. Shame about your Hulk search. I have Gladiator and that piece is flawless to me.

Lol Peedi. Yes I know that all too well. Its especially hard when I'm in Aus, as we aren't on their distribution list either, for what reason I have no idea.

Thanks fillip. Lot more constructive than koopa. I was just wondering if there was even some older Thors I may have forgotten about that would work. I think I'l wait for video reviews on the SS one before I make my decision. Shame about your Hulk search. I have Gladiator and that piece is flawless to me.

There's only been one other comic Thor PF and that was the original one

I think waiting on a few in hand pics and video review is the smart way to go. The EX on this is basically useless and the REG PF should be available for awhile after he starts to ship. If you like what you see, just pick up the REG.

Gladiator Hulk looks phenomenal. However, I only have room for one 1/4 Hulk in my collection and I'm looking for a more classic take on the character. I want a raging Hulk styled off an artist like Deodato or other artist that have given the Hulk a little more modern vibe.

I wish I knew there was an EX, I pre ordered the regular a while ago. I'll be going on the waiting list and see what happens now

The EX feature on this PF is useless. I can't imagine any Thor fan keeping Mjolnir in the box and displaying him with the sword.

The EX feature on this PF is useless. I can't imagine any Thor fan keeping Mjolnir in the box and displaying him with the sword.

I'm planning on displaying it behind my Thor with the blade sticking up like its resting on the ground. Almost like he dropped it to use the might mjolnir instead.

Back