Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was the same way, at first I wasn't crazy about the pose but then once I saw it in person as SSCC I was hooked.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126515773@N06/14777436042/

Awesome, thanks for the link. There is still something I find unappealing about the face that I can't put my finger on but as you said in person it's a completely differnt experience I'm sure.

I ended up going further into them. Not sure about the Hemsworth Ex either. Rather than lightning it looks more like he brought a little bit of James Camerons Abyss on his hammer :lol

I don't know what got into me but this week I was actually considering cancelling my ex and going with the new dark world version

I don't know what got into me but this week I was actually considering cancelling my ex and going with the new dark world version

Well I was with you there aswell when I first saw it but again the Ex did nothing for me and I found his facial expression looked like he was bored or his mind was elsewhere when he is just about to pound someone.

What I love about Chris as Thor is the amout of effort/passion he puts into his fights etc which I don't see in that portrait. Just my opinion of course

Awesome, thanks for the link. There is still something I find unappealing about the face that I can't put my finger on but as you said in person it's a completely differnt experience I'm sure.

I ended up going further into them. Not sure about the Hemsworth Ex either. Rather than lightning it looks more like he brought a little bit of James Camerons Abyss on his hammer :lol

LOL I think I'm the only one excited about that lightning. If they had gone with a whiter and even yellowish hue I think it would be better. It looks like Force lightning.

I agree on the face as I have said all along the deep lines might be a little too deep and numerous. I remember them showing the teaser vid and I was nerdgasming and then the face reveal and I was like noooooo. But I felt the same way about the deep lines in the Bat PF and it looks much better in person to me. Did you read JMS and Coipels run on Thor? I loved his square like interpretation of the face. Maybe thats what threw me off.

LOL I think I'm the only one excited about that lightning. If they had gone with a whiter and even yellowish hue I think it would be better. It looks like Forced lightning. Fixed :lol

I agree on the face as I have said all along the deep lines might be a little too deep and numerous. I remember them showing the teaser vid and I was nerdgasming and then the face reveal and I was like noooooo. But I felt the same way about the deep lines in the Bat PF and it looks much better in person to me. Did you read JMS and Coipels run on Thor? I loved his square like interpretation of the face. Maybe thats what threw me off.

But in all seriousness I think you may be onto something there with deep lines (especially the one above the chin for me). No I haven't read their run but I gotta whole lot of comic catching up to do, I'm so far behind these days :slap

I actually can't wait for this. I think it's going to be a sleeper hit

The more I see it the more I like it and I liked it from the off

Well if you keep up with the comics thor dosent have the hammer right now, female thor has it currently and he has the sword.

No, I believe he's using Jarnbjorn now. That axe played a large part in the Kang (and Apocalypse twins) story line that just concluded in the Avengers and seems to be his weapon of choice now that he no longer wields Mjolnir. Jarnbjorn would have made a good EX. The Odin sword is still a lame EX IMO.

I actually can't wait for this. I think it's going to be a sleeper hit

The more I see it the more I like it and I liked it from the off

Yeah, I feel the EXACT same way. I loved this piece from the word go and can't wait to add it to my collection. EX is still lame though but I would never display a Thor statue without Mjolnir anyway.

I really wish that SS would put some thought into the EX. I mean add a cool accessory to the base or something. I would rarely switch out the Hammer too.

Back