Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying a bit more if the figure itself is huge. Like even with the Batman PF, the $400 price tag was at the time thought to be a bit much but he is oversized, not saying it was $50 more worthy but he was bigger than anything else they were putting out. Now Looking at Thor's size, he doesn't appear to be oversized, and even if he is we're talking $40 more than Batman, it's a bit much. Hulk is in his own league, he has to be huge and I expect to pay more. But if they keep going up and up, there's going to a breaking point.

Like I said I dropped Thor down to below $400 with RP but there's going to come a time when I either can't or just won't see the justification for it. I just hope to get the ones I really want out of the way before that happens.

I ordered this. I think Thor with his Hammer looks awesome. Price point is a joke and so is the sword but whatever. I sold my classic Thor in anticipation of this being released. The hand doesn't bother me at all. Looks just fine. The weak sword ex however does bother me a bit. Should have been Throg as the EX.

I ordered this. I think Thor with his Hammer looks awesome. Price point is a joke and so is the sword but whatever. I sold my classic Thor in anticipation of this being released. The hand doesn't bother me at all. Looks just fine. The weak sword ex however does bother me a bit. Should have been Throg as the EX.

At the very least, you should have been able to display sword and hammer at the same time. Thor without his hammer is not Thor.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying a bit more if the figure itself is huge. Like even with the Batman PF, the $400 price tag was at the time thought to be a bit much but he is oversized, not saying it was $50 more worthy but he was bigger than anything else they were putting out. Now Looking at Thor's size, he doesn't appear to be oversized, and even if he is we're talking $40 more than Batman, it's a bit much. Hulk is in his own league, he has to be huge and I expect to pay more. But if they keep going up and up, there's going to a breaking point.

Like I said I dropped Thor down to below $400 with RP but there's going to come a time when I either can't or just won't see the justification for it. I just hope to get the ones I really want out of the way before that happens.

I'm exactly with you on this one. I can't see the justification of the extra 40 bucks at all. All the characters I want are luckily coming together but I'm hoping to move away from this hobby soon. Not fully but to a point were I'm just buying one or two a year rather than how I am now.

So? If a statue is bad, it's bad. I didn't see anyone rushing out to by those terrible Batman Begins statues DC Direct was putting out. You can still find those and back then DC Direct was IT for DC comic/movie statues.

The point is, just because a few people on these forums have a nitpick with a piece doesn't mean the statue collecting world does. So the whole argument of not listening to it's customers is moot, because we don't account for all of their customer base.

It's a forum, let people have their say and move on, fighting with them only prolongs the argument.

At the very least, you should have been able to display sword and hammer at the same time. Thor without his hammer is not Thor.

:exactly: I can imagine my friends asking who he was if he was displayed with the sword. It's like displaying Captain America without his shield. The hammer is a big part of Thor's character IMO

Agreed. Nobody is going to display this statue with the sword. Its a worthless EX part that will sit in the box. Both would have been better. Throg would have been best.

When I initially seen the price I thought wtf? Then I read someone justifying it because it was going to be huge... 20" :dunno

10% more than Batman just doesn't make sense.

Hope he turns out awesome for you guys.

It's a forum, let people have their say and move on, fighting with them only prolongs the argument.

true...someone will say that they don't care for a piece(pose, ex offering etc.) and 20 guys have to run to it's defense posting a rebuttal...Who cares if others don't like it(opinions vary). As long as you're happy with it should be all that matters.

Agreed

Double Agreed

I'm exactly with you on this one. I can't see the justification of the extra 40 bucks at all. All the characters I want are luckily coming together but I'm hoping to move away from this hobby soon. Not fully but to a point were I'm just buying one or two a year rather than how I am now.

I hope to be out of the Sideshow 1/4 scale market myself, and back to just Batman statues. That way I'll only back back on their site when something comes out every once in a while.

Yes, this is my plan as well. And this Thor is prob too much for my tastes. If I didn't have an original Thor, i would largely consider this. I can still buy at the higher price point but it does make me much more selective. Throg will be mine however!!!

true...someone will say that they don't care for a piece(pose, ex offering etc.) and 20 guys have to run to it's defense posting a rebuttal...Who cares if others don't like it(opinions vary). As long as you're happy with it should be all that matters.

I don't take issue with those that don't like it, I honestly don't care, however I reserve the right to comment on posts in a forum of which I'm a member until such a time that I am no longer a member.

Yes, this is my plan as well. And this Thor is prob too much for my tastes. If I didn't have an original Thor, i would largely consider this. I can still buy at the higher price point but it does make me much more selective. Throg will be mine however!!!

Yeah I won't buy multiples of the same character. For me that's when this hobby becomes impossible & never ending

Last edited:

I agree completely. That's why I'm glad I am getting my 2 must haves over this next year.

When I initially seen the price I thought wtf? Then I read someone justifying it because it was going to be huge... 20" :dunno

10% more than Batman just doesn't make sense.

Hope he turns out awesome for you guys.

Just playing devils advocate here, but how do you know he's not huge? He's leaning forward at a pretty steep angle and he's still 20".

Also, not sure that Batman is the best comparison for price. Remember, even though he only shipped earlier this year, his price was set over a year and a half ago. I would bet that costs have gone up about 10% in that time. If Batman came up for order today, do you think he'd be priced at $400?

I'm not saying I like price increases, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Just playing devils advocate here, but how do you know he's not huge? He's leaning forward at a pretty steep angle and he's still 20".

Also, not sure that Batman is the best comparison for price. Remember, even though he only shipped earlier this year, his price was set over a year and a half ago. I would bet that costs have gone up about 10% in that time. If Batman came up for order today, do you think he'd be priced at $400?

I'm not saying I like price increases, but it is what it is.

Maybe, but I also think if we took Chinese labor costs, material costs plus R&D and Licensing add it all up and divided it by the current average ES and then you saw the mark up on these statues you might just fling your computer mouse across a room.

Maybe, but I also think if we took Chinese labor costs, material costs plus R&D and Licensing add it all up and divided it by the current average ES and then you saw the mark up on these statues you might just fling your computer mouse across a room.

You're right, but I bet we would have done the same in July 2012 when Batman was up for PO.

Batman if released today would be $440-$450 minimum...

Back