Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I was waiting for some other rewards points to clear before ordering this but a conversation in the Doom thread made me realize I may need them to knock prices down on other Pf's Sideshow price hikes...in other words...EX Ordered, Verily!

Nice! Congrats dude.

Thank you sir, you thinking about this one too? It doesn't come out until next year

I'd like to get it. But after ordering cap, and beginning saving for Green Hulk PF, I'm kin do tapped out. If I miss it, I'm ok with waiting for the next one. I want to make this a long term hobby! :hi5:

I'd like to get it. But after ordering cap, and beginning saving for Green Hulk PF, I'm kin do tapped out. If I miss it, I'm ok with waiting for the next one. I want to make this a long term hobby! :hi5:

I gotcha, these things are pricey as hell. Good luck with the Hulk, I'm probably on that one too, Sideshow is plundering my wallet this year :lol

I don't think they'll discount this before displaying it at comic-con. And I think it will sell out shortly after that. Just a guess, though. Only speaking for the EX.

Yeah cause in that time it'll be gift card eligible. Like the Keaton PF is

Sent from the Bat Computer

Get out now!!!!!!!! Jokes.

Honestly this hobby is amazing, but very pricey. I really hope you love the Green Hulk PF. At first glance It isn't quit my cup of tea, but if what I am going to try doesn't work I may track him down. As for this Thor I would love to get it. Maybe I will track down a Reg someday.

P.S. Dude way to be a pat of the community ... Your excitement is awesome. I think you post more than I do lately....lol

I gotcha, these things are pricey as hell. Good luck with the Hulk, I'm probably on that one too, Sideshow is plundering my wallet this year :lol

If the prices were what they were 5-10 years ago I could afford a lot more.

I think I got the gist of what your are saying and while I agree partially with your statement I think you may have missed my point. Its OK to critisize things but when when the critisism is aimed at only a small part of the whole it becomes more like the boss who is never satisfied no matter how hard you work. Or the chef who thinks so highly of his own cooking he can never enjoy a meal out no matter how good it is.

not sure why you keep saying the hand is a small part of the statue, these hands are one of the most important things on Thor... will you be ok if it comes with only 4 fingers on the hand? maybe you can let it pass but certainly not me.
and i think you need to start working smart instead of too hard, my 2 cents.

That would be great, but if my salary was the same as 10 years ago ($0...poor starving student at the time), I couldn't afford anything!

Lol... Well it has encouraged me to expand my artistic horizons....lol. So it is all good. Mentions to my little one that I am going to try sculpting a Hulk, and now he has a LIST of characters he wants me to do....lol

not sure why you keep saying the hand is a small part of the statue, these hands are one of the most important things on Thor... will you be ok if it comes with only 4 fingers on the hand? maybe you can let it pass but certainly not me.
and i think you need to start working smart instead of too hard, my 2 cents.

Large difference between an anatomical error and the hands being posed in a way that conveys a mid-motion feelibg that only some find slighty awkward

Large difference between an anatomical error and the hands being posed in a way that conveys a mid-motion feelibg that only some find slighty awkward

I think it's more than "only some" find it "slightly" awkward. I think if we were to do a poll you will see quite a few people find this pose a big no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, in a forum with a miniscule % of people who actually collect these statues. This is still going to sell a lot.

I think it's more than "only some" find it "slightly" awkward. I think if we were to do a poll you will see quite a few people find this pose a big no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about this, I'll bet you theres several thousand that disagree enough for this to sell out.

Of course it's going to sell out, SS is the only game in town if you want a 1:4 Marvel Comic statue, that's why I'm hoping in the future Marvel/DC won't give out exclusive licensing deals anymore... :pray: SS needs some competition...

Of course it's going to sell out, SS is the only game in town if you want a 1:4 Marvel Comic statue, that's why I'm hoping in the future Marvel/DC won't give out exclusive licensing deals anymore... :pray: SS needs some competition...

So? If a statue is bad, it's bad. I didn't see anyone rushing out to by those terrible Batman Begins statues DC Direct was putting out. You can still find those and back then DC Direct was IT for DC comic/movie statues.

The point is, just because a few people on these forums have a nitpick with a piece doesn't mean the statue collecting world does. So the whole argument of not listening to it's customers is moot, because we don't account for all of their customer base.

Get out now!!!!!!!! Jokes.

Honestly this hobby is amazing, but very pricey. I really hope you love the Green Hulk PF. At first glance It isn't quit my cup of tea, but if what I am going to try doesn't work I may track him down. As for this Thor I would love to get it. Maybe I will track down a Reg someday.

P.S. Dude way to be a pat of the community ... Your excitement is awesome. I think you post more than I do lately....lol

If the prices were what they were 5-10 years ago I could afford a lot more.

Actually last year wasn't so bad, The only good thing about this year is it seems half the PO's won't come out until Next year :lol

Yeah. I mean, do not get me wrong. These prices are expensive, but in comparison I think they are still worth it. I wish the regular sized ones were 280-350 and the larger ones were 350-450. But comics, collectibles, and movies has taken off so much over these past 5 years with the marvel and dc success. I think it's only going to get a bit higher. DC is going to step their movie game up over the next couple of years, and I feel the prices will get a bump again. But then that should be the peek. Hopefully. Haha

Back