Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand if someone is harassing an SSC rep, there should be consequences. Igo was firm in the past that people shouldn't say "it sucks" but to give constructive criticism. That is fair. Communication is a two way street though. If someone says they don't like the price, then a sarcastic reply is unwaranted for the same reasons. An explanation as to why the price need to be elevated would be more professional. Frankly it leaves a sour taste in my mouth over SSC. While it is nice to have a rep on the boards, I would expect them to have a modicum of respect and tolerance for the people that put food on their table.

As for my 1 week banning, It's what I assume it to be. The only other possibility was on the PCS board. I made another poster there realize that "Poison" the capcom character is not a female but rather a transgender character. I supported it with facts. Then we all had a good laugh over how awkward a scenario that makes. Someone then came in with a very homophobic and tasteless post and got the thread banned. I got a warning from a mod but all I did was bring up the truth and had a laugh. I sent a PM to the mod that gave me a warning to respectfully defend my position.

So either my post to Igo or my private message was not liked. The later was not even argumentative or disrespectful to the mod. It would be nice if the "Reason for banning" was a bit more fleshed out.

You know what, the SS reps were nowhere to be seen when Batpit shipped. They avoided the subject like the plague. Sometimes it is better to not say anything at all.

Igo isn necessarily the guy who made the call about the Ex, he did pass on the info though, and I will say I respect the guy for being honest.

Honesty is honesty but we are still customers. I would never speak like that to a customer especially considering no one was swearing at him or anything. Ppl have the right to be upset but there is a level of sarcasm that is not warranted and is not apppreciated

The guys over there protect a certain relationship they have with SSC, and I mean all of SSC including guys like Canalr, Andy B, Black, and a **** load more who post on the SF boards. From what I have heard from ink over the years this board lost a lot of people like that because ****** bags kept hounding them and harassing them here, and no one brought the hammer down. Now I read Snads comments, and I don't think they warranted a banning, so I am not defending them in this case. Just giving you the other side of the coin so to speak.

Makes sense. Some collectors can be a little crazy lol. I was wondering why no one ever says much here. Even SS Alex rarely ever responds in the Ask SS section here. She messages in the discount code section though lol. In was just pissed off. I went and read the thread and IGO wasn't so bad I guess but a few of his first comments did irk me

Sent from the Bat Computer

Classic Thor isn't chubby. He is jacked. It is insanely detailed too. Eventhe cape has little ridges all over that you cannot make out in pictures. You need to see it in person to really appreciate how amazing it is.

I have seen it in person. I used to own it. I like the new one much more.

I understand if someone is harassing an SSC rep, there should be consequences. Igo was firm in the past that people shouldn't say "it sucks" but to give constructive criticism. That is fair. Communication is a two way street though. If someone says they don't like the price, then a sarcastic reply is unwaranted for the same reasons. An explanation as to why the price need to be elevated would be more professional. Frankly it leaves a sour taste in my mouth over SSC. While it is nice to have a rep on the boards, I would expect them to have a modicum of respect and tolerance for the people that put food on their table.

As for my 1 week banning, It's what I assume it to be. The only other possibility was on the PCS board. I made another poster there realize that "Poison" the capcom character is not a female but rather a transgender character. I supported it with facts. Then we all had a good laugh over how awkward a scenario that makes. Someone then came in with a very homophobic and tasteless post and got the thread banned. I got a warning from a mod but all I did was bring up the truth and had a laugh. I sent a PM to the mod that gave me a warning to respectfully defend my position.

So either my post to Igo or my private message was not liked. The later was not even argumentative or disrespectful to the mod. It would be nice if the "Reason for banning" was a bit more fleshed out.

See what I mean? Complete ********.

I feel you bro and that's why I'm happy that those of you guys who missed out on the original Thor PF will now get another chance to own him albeit in the modern armour...in a way, I guess this is the reason why Sideshow have increased their price on this Thor inparticular. Like I forsee with the new Doom PF, these characters are in demand after the success of its predecessors if you like...and the prices they fetch on the secondary market...what do you think?

Definitely makes sense. I'm with you on that. Also makes sense like you said in the Doom thread that it'll be between 450 to 500 just cause SS knows a lot of ppl will pay that. Hopefully they won't pull a "rising prices blah blah" bull crap with us on that and just be honest about wanting to make money

It's really not though, SS is raising costs WAY faster than the rate of inflation, and giving hollow casts to boot (especially when compared to the originals). I just don't think they are really that comparable, not trying to have a go at you or anything. :monkey3

Plus I was expecting a high price, but thought there would be a bunch of cool switchouts ala Captain America that would have justified it. That sword....doesn't justify anything, especially when the Frog was going to be the EX and Igo has a bit of a chuckle and says you figure it out...Man that's not the kind of answer you want to see from a company rep. I read the replies over there and thought it was a slap in the face to those who buy their products, and that nothing that was said deserved a banning...

I am with you though, a newer collector that wants a Thor and really, how many options do we have to check that box? But I will say this, over lunch I was going over a list of characters I am still willing to buy at these price points, and it was alot smaller than you would think. They may get their pound of flesh, but they are not going to be retaining customers long term with these kind of spikes.

You're probably right too about the prices. However recently like in the last year and change China has upped costs on manufacturing. Its because they're labour amounts are increasing and nearing western levels. My main question is if we're paying nearly the same why the **** don't they give the jobs to us here in the west and **** the Chinese economy. That again probably lays with the fact that the US and other countries oh so much of their monetary *******s to the Chinese in loans but anyways let's not digress.

I know what you mean. At 350 to 400 i wouldve bought way more. However at 440 and up its like $22 dollars in rewards points. They finally change their RP rules and to **** us over a little bit they increase prices like wtf. If they do that at least they should give us SS direct buyers 10% of it instead of 5%. That'd keep us buying direct and maybe no complain so much that SS seems to be charging whatever they like. I wish they gave us a switch out left hand with a fist or something so the sword display looked a little normal. A COH would've been cool but I would've been happy with the damn Frog and why didn't they call it Thorg instead of Throg (like we know its a goddmann frog)
An additional hand with his Axe for the EX would've been great. Even a hand where lightning is striking his hammer would've been so Boss

You're probably right too about the prices. However recently like in the last year and change China has upped costs on manufacturing. Its because they're labour amounts are increasing and nearing western levels. My main question is if we're paying nearly the same why the **** don't they give the jobs to us here in the west and **** the Chinese economy. That again probably lays with the fact that the US and other countries oh so much of their monetary *******s to the Chinese in loans but anyways let's not digress.

I know what you mean. At 350 to 400 i wouldve bought way more. However at 440 and up its like $22 dollars in rewards points. They finally change their RP rules and to **** us over a little bit they increase prices like wtf. If they do that at least they should give us SS direct buyers 10% of it instead of 5%. That'd keep us buying direct and maybe no complain so much that SS seems to be charging whatever they like. I wish they gave us a switch out left hand with a fist or something so the sword display looked a little normal. A COH would've been cool but I would've been happy with the damn Frog and why didn't they call it Thorg instead of Throg (like we know its a goddmann frog)

Even with the Chinese labor increases they are still not coming in near western pay levels. It's is still cheaper to employ Chinese workers for change on the dollar, rather than american workers for at least 8 dollars an hour. Not to mention the fact that they probably also buy their materials to do all the casting from china, it saves them to buy cheap chinese materials and instead of importing them to the usa to make just using them in china and then only shipping the finished product.

The Chinese wage increase isn't the reason for the price on the Thor PF, Sideshow is more than likely testing the market and seeing what it can bare. Prep for $500 a piece.

Igo had responded to me in that very sarcastic tone. Did you really get banned for asking if that was how you are suppossed to treat a client? I mean come on...Really sorry about that. I guess Sideshow employees get treated like king Joffery over there.

Looks like I was banned at SF for thinking Igo sarcasm vis-a-vis customers was a little much. Someone expressed their opinion that the price is too high and Igo gave, what I consider to be, a disrespectful reply. If production costs are rising exponentially for them, there would have been a nicer way to put it.

He may be jacked but the whole outfit and pose is very unflattering. Gives an overall vibe of chubbiness even if he wasn't sculpted that way.

I agree with you. He looks like one of those old chubby WWE wrestlers wearing a unitard. He may be jacked but the costume just does him no justice IMHO. I also think this new PF looks better than the original. The useless EX and the price are the only thing stopping me from putting in my PO day 1.

Even with the Chinese labor increases they are still not coming in near western pay levels. It's is still cheaper to employ Chinese workers for change on the dollar, rather than american workers for at least 8 dollars an hour. Not to mention the fact that they probably also buy their materials to do all the casting from china, it saves them to buy cheap chinese materials and instead of importing them to the usa to make just using them in china and then only shipping the finished product.

The Chinese wage increase isn't the reason for the price on the Thor PF, Sideshow is more than likely testing the market and seeing what it can bare. Prep for $500 a piece.

Yeah that does make sense. Especially with the goods used to manufacture their goods lol coming out of China. Its like a perpetual circle. However in the overall swing of things a $100 increase in 6 years isn't bad considering the real big increases have started happening in the last 2 years or so. Already have been prepping unfortunately. I thought I was going crazy over when I got Apoc. He was necessary though at this rate I'm glad he came out when he did

Igo had responded to me in that very sarcastic tone. Did you really get banned for asking if that was how you are suppossed to treat a client? I mean come on...Really sorry about that. I guess Sideshow employees get treated like king Joffery over there.

I hate that little *****. Anyone that hasn't read the books look forward to a great season :)

I see that Igo (SSC Art Director) posted on SSF that Thor was originally going to be $500 when the frog was the exclusive.

So basically they value the Frog at $60, decided to Charge $80 for him if you get him with Thor or $100 if not Even though Thor is over priced at $440....I think their calculator is broken.

I agree with you. He looks like one of those old chubby WWE wrestlers wearing a unitard. He may be jacked but the costume just does him no justice IMHO. I also think this new PF looks better than the original. The useless EX and the price are the only thing stopping me from putting in my PO day 1.

Lmfao I actually pictured that and it made some sense. However its nowhere near as bad as those guys looked lol

So basically they value the Frog at $60, decided to Charge $80 for him if you get him with Thor or $100 if not Even though Thor is over priced at $440....I think their calculator is broken.

I think they've implied that without the sword Thor might have been $420 and $500 with the Frog.

Now we have Thor with Sword $440, Frog $100, and Thor and sword and Frog $520.

Back