Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What in the wide world of sports? April fools right? I kept waiting for a reason to stop SSC, and this is it. After Daredevil, I am done. These prices are now laughable. I really wanted this, but there is no way I will support them anymore.

I would be sweating bullets if they had put the sword in his left hand. I think it looks outstanding. Like he can throw his hammer and continue fighting whilst his hammer is doing the rounds delivering punishment. Kinda sad they didn't think of that.

Great photoshop there Gomur !

Sadly this kinda breaks my heart.
I am really trying to convince myself that this is the Thor for me.
I was hoping to get this to display opposite Rulk .
But the pose and now the massive let down of the EX has me reconsidering hunting down the classic comic version.
With the price hike I am considering bumping up my budget and going for the original PF.
Not sure yet.
Since the EX is kinda lame imo I might just wait for the final product and get the regular version.

Brilliant message. My gf doesn't like them but accepts them. She's my best friend too and doesn't like the cost but allows me to be me.

Thanks man I had it typed and had no reception so I sent it late lol. But I'm glad you have that too. Now I'm not so sure about this PF though. And yeah the straight up sword is weird lol. Maybe get a custom with others. Or might buy it with the damn frog but I can't see the price on my phone's browser. So you getting this?

Sent from the Bat Computer

I actually dig everything about this piece except the sword and the price. I'll get the EX because I'm going to pay the same either way. Who knows maybe it'll good in person.

Same Josh. Probably still get it with the frog though

What's with his left hand? Is he practicing Scarlet Witch's hex? Pass for me.

Lmfao for real. Especially with the EX

6MAos8ev_300177_press04.jpg

This angle makes it worthwhile, looks great. Had the Bowen modern version which was cool, but as it was a redo of the classic I didn't need it and I like this version. Not crazy about the sword though, but having an empty po list lessens the pain. Maybe I'll hold out till SDCC to po my next order, maybe not...

Same Josh. Probably still get it with the frog though

Lmfao for real. Especially with the EX

Yep, I've made up my mind. I've got some points and more on the way. I'm going to wait until a few more clear, get him for under $400 because I like him and I'm a Thor fan. And thats probably the way the rest of my need list at this scale will play out. After this years PO's I need 6 PF's, everything else is a I like it but not at these prices kinda deal, and will be treated as such.

I don't get the sword. I mean, the sword alone looks cool...it's a huge intimidating sword, but I cannot recall seeing Thor use a sword. And, where is his hammer when he's using the sword? Would have been cool if they had a separate hammer that could attach to his belt. It would also have been cool if the sword attached to the base instead, like a sword in the stone kind of idea. It's just a really odd choice for me.

That said...day 1 PO. I love the statue otherwise, and it costs me the same whether I get the reg or EX, so EX it is.

All sound like any one of those would've been awesome. Can't believe they took the real Ex and resold it and gave us a really weird EX. At least if they offered a switch out hand to display the sword with maybe?

Yep, I've made up my mind. I've got some points and more on the way. I'm going to wait until a few more clear, get him for under $400 because I like him and I'm a Thor fan. And thats probably the way the rest of my need list at this scale will play out. After this years PO's I need 6 PF's, everything else is a I like it but not at these prices kinda deal, and will be treated as such.

Yeah I'll probably wait on him too. I don't see him flying off the shelves either. Second time I haven't day one POd something ever, first was the current Red Skull Ex. Might wait to apply a Gift Card to the PO instead of using my reward points. I also have a credit I have so we'll see

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't bet on it. I could see another $50'pride hike.

I said the same thing when the Red's price was announced. Josh and I talked about it which set off a few pages of ppl tripping out lol

You nailed it Gomur!! I think that looks far superior. Well played to you Sir!
I would be sweating bullets if they had put the sword in his left hand. I think it looks outstanding. Like he can throw his hammer and continue fighting whilst his hammer is doing the rounds delivering punishment. Kinda sad they didn't think of that.

Now that is one bad @$$ action scene you described, my friend. Don't mess with a dual-wielding Asgardian! We have some talented artisans on these boards. I'm hoping someone customizes their statue accordingly. Would add quite a few inches to display height though! :lol

Great photoshop there Gomur !

Sadly this kinda breaks my heart.
I am really trying to convince myself that this is the Thor for me.
I was hoping to get this to display opposite Rulk .
But the pose and now the massive let down of the EX has me reconsidering hunting down the classic comic version.
With the price hike I am considering bumping up my budget and going for the original PF.
Not sure yet.
Since the EX is kinda lame imo I might just wait for the final product and get the regular version.

Thanks man. Tempering emotions and forgetting the EX for a moment, I do feel this is the best 1/4 scale Thor out there. And he would showcase nicely with Rulk or any head-to-head display. The Classic Thor PF gets a lot of praise, but it's not my cup of tea personally. I always thought him looking skyward disconnected the statue from the viewer. I want to see that heroic determination staring me in the face, and this one accomplishes that without being placed below waist level. Cost being equal, I'd take this Modern Thor. Cost being cheaper, I'd DEFINITELY take Modern Thor. Take some time and mull it over some more, you know?

I really like the idea of him holding the sword in the other hand. I will be getting mine customized so that he can hold both weapons.

The news that Thor Frog was the original EX is upsetting to many. I think it is a plus for buyers who want Thor Frog in their collection, but don't have to spend over $400 to make it happen. A spinning hammer switch-out would've been great. Personally, I don't mind the Odinsword, but it would've looked more impressive (I feel) in the lead hand. EX aside, I do feel it's still an impressive statue. The only reason I won't be getting it is the rising costs and my hum drum income. Pardon the photochop. :lol

thor_tweak_zps099c6e8a.jpg

Here he is!

I really like the idea of him holding the sword in the other hand. I will be getting mine customized so that he can hold both weapons.

If you do get it customized, make sure it's with the right wrist angle.

Wow, the price is surely increasing at a fast pace...

And original Thor PF was 325 upon release. And that was what? Like 6 or 7 years ago at least? So its gone up by 125 in almost a decade? That's not bad I guess. But I'll flex it or do what Josh and many others will do. Just sucks that we have to do that

Back