Their will be no ES for 1:2 Iron man, thoughts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whew,

I've been busy with my Home Theater project and selling off my entire 1/4 scale Marvel collection, except for what I believe will be the one true Marvel masterpiece, The one and only Iron Child :bow

Man, only 3 months to go for the most bad ass Iron Man collectible ever.

So, what's this thread all about anyways, what did I miss?

Well...in a nutshell people are assuming we are going to get a non edition sized, scratched, dinged, lightweight, overpriced piggy bank in the form of the greatest character ever to grace Marvel's pages.

Well...in a nutshell people are assuming we are going to get a non edition sized, scratched, dinged, lightweight, overpriced piggy bank in the form of the greatest character ever to grace Marvel's pages.

Oh, that's all. :tap

Oh well, at least he's only 2 grand with a nonrefundable deposit.

Oh, that's all. :tap

Oh well, at least he's only 2 grand with a nonrefundable deposit.

apparently, you can get your deposit refunded if you complain about how he's a non edition sized, scratched, dinged, lightweight, overpriced piggy bank in the form of the greatest character ever to grace Marvel's pages.

apparently, you can get your deposit refunded if you complain about how he's a non edition sized, scratched, dinged, lightweight, overpriced piggy bank in the form of the greatest character ever to grace Marvel's pages.

I love it, this just to be better and better... My the Iron Man curse remains strong with Sideshow :emperor:emperor:emperor

Only of course if you ordered through Sideshow, if you ordered the non edition sized, scratched, dinged, lightweight, overpriced piggy bank in the form of the greatest character ever to grace Marvel's pages through an AD then you just gotta bend over and ask Sideshow to be gentle...

Him being an Iron Piggy Child would at least make him heavier if one chooses to begin dropping nothing but half dollars inside of him.

By the time I drop my last coin, he'll weigh 3 times more than Hulk!

You see, Iron Piggy Child helps you save money boys and girls :rock

I feel for you guys that are spending money on this thing. If this thing turns out to be like the 1:1 bust jokes on you guys...:D

I am just wondering:

How many of you who have ordered the SS IM 1:2, have actually phoned SS, or better yet, write to them and let them know you will cancel the IM order on the grounds that their is an open ES and no numbered bases? Why complain here where no one with any control over this can do anything?

I have put in a phone call to SS, and have now been given the option to cancel my IM based on the fact that the open ES was NOT disclosed beforehand, and that I would get my "non-refundable" deposit.

People, a contract has been broken here! You pre-order an expensive piece like this with a non refundable deposit where we were CLEARLY led to believe at the VERY LEAST there would be an ES before shipment of product. Not to mention that almost all of SS products have a numbered base.

When I got on the phone, the customer service rep, who has given me the option to cancel and get my deposit back, has said she will get back to me on what I consider a very important issue: that an ES will be established. That what will happen instead is they will post a deadline for orders on the IM Maquette. By that date, the mold will be broken and ES set by timeline. Now, if they tell me the timeline is like three years, I will be cancelling my order. If, instead they tell me it is something like a couple of months, then my order stays.

If you have a concern about this ES, then you need to constructively do something about it to make a change. Griping here will not do much other than to allow ourselves to vent.

Do something. It usually gets positive results, not always, but most of the time.

Same thing goes for the Vader. Let them know you should cancel it based on the conditions at the time of order. It is not a threat, but rather a constructive way to approach an issue where we are clearly being mislead, or SS made a mistake somewhere in their communications about this pieces.

I called SS the same day I made this thread on the same basis as the points you mentioned above. Only I did it in reverse......I havent put in a deposit yet. My argument to SS was simple, I would only place an order for this piece pending an ES being established. I spent over $6000 with SS in 8 months mostly on big ticket items purchased directly through their website. If they value me as a customer they will take my concerns just as highly as the person whos already given them a $390 deposit. We are ALL paying customers here, and its important SS recognizes this.
The creation of this thread and topic wont go unnoticed by SS im sure of it. The advantage SS has over many other companies is they are able to get direct feedback, thoughts and opinions from their customers right through this site. This way they can see (indirectly) whats going through customers minds about this piece and others. I think the combined effort of this site and direct contact with SS reps are enough to get the message across loud and clear. If they choose to ignor it, thats just bad business sense.

Chris

I am going to be one of the Elite who will have this on the first week! I put money down the fist day it was shown in SDCC.

What is this talk I hear about a ES?

No matter....

It will be on top of my desk with the rest of the armor I have. This cannot be missed! I hope they make a WM next for the other side of my display!

If you are a true IM fan you know you want it!
Its simple buy it and dont worry so much!

I am going to be one of the Elite who will have this on the first week! I put money down the fist day it was shown in SDCC.

No matter....

It will be on top of my desk with the rest of the armor I have. This cannot be missed! I hope they make a WM next for the other side of my display!

Your not even a tad worried about this piece?....I can appreciate your enthusiasm but do you really know what your $2000 is buying you just yet.

Chris

very good post. :D
also a calgarian, Hi

Thanks for the support fellow Calgarian! :rock

i would be guessing that if they do close the ES and destroy the mold, it will most likely be a couple years since they'er going to want to capitalize on the next IM movie coming out...

... and that quad will be the deal breaker for me.

I called SS the same day I made this thread on the same basis as the points you mentioned above. Only I did it in reverse......I havent put in a deposit yet. My argument to SS was simple, I would only place an order for this piece pending an ES being established. I spent over $6000 with SS in 8 months mostly on big ticket items purchased directly through their website. If they value me as a customer they will take my concerns just as highly as the person whos already given them a $390 deposit. We are ALL paying customers here, and its important SS recognizes this.
The creation of this thread and topic wont go unnoticed by SS im sure of it. The advantage SS has over many other companies is they are able to get direct feedback, thoughts and opinions from their customers right through this site. This way they can see (indirectly) whats going through customers minds about this piece and others. I think the combined effort of this site and direct contact with SS reps are enough to get the message across loud and clear. If they choose to ignor it, thats just bad business sense.

Chris

Way to go Chris, I am glad you called them on the same day. Now if we get more to call, that would be awesome, hopefully SS will take this ES a bit more serious.

No matter....

Averone, I appreciate you comments, and I know from what I have seen in your collection, you are an avid collector.

Like you, I am a fan of IM, and yes SS too. My issue with what they are doing though is really misleading serious collectors like yourself, Chris, myself, and others. They are selling this under false pretenses; something that SS is not noted for. And yet here they are doing it. Where does it stop? It should stop where they start it, or it gets out of hand.

Essentially, SS is taking the word "collect" out of collectable when they do this kind of talk about an item that is very expensive to start off with.

i encourage you to continue to buy it under the new conditions if you are comfortable with them as a collector. Also, as a collector, I am hoping that you put in a phone call to SS and let them know that they are, at the very least, misleading with the ES, and devaluing this piece with their non-numbering ES at the price they are setting.

I agree something should be done, I wouldn't feed or fall into the hype about eliteness of being a owner of this piece, I think that is what Sideshow really wants the collectors to believe...that they are just that elite... It's really going to be interesting to see what the future entails for this piece and those first future owners experiences when it's all said and done.

Sideshow will have no problem selling this item. If you're already emailing them telling them that you'll only put down the deposit if they meet your demands - I'm telling you now - they'd rather not have your deposit.

There will be plenty of people that will want this item and since there isn't some arbitrary edition size that they have to produce, they'll make just enough to fill the orders. It could end up being one of the rarest SSC pieces ever produced.

Look at the first SSC/Weta LotR pieces - they were unnumbered and are now some of the most sought after.

Your not even a tad worried about this piece?....I can appreciate your enthusiasm but do you really know what your $2000 is buying you just yet.

Chris

Averone, I appreciate you comments, and I know from what I have seen in your collection, you are an avid collector.

Like you, I am a fan of IM, and yes SS too. My issue with what they are doing though is really misleading serious collectors like yourself, Chris, myself, and others. They are selling this under false pretenses; something that SS is not noted for. And yet here they are doing it. Where does it stop? It should stop where they start it, or it gets out of hand.

Essentially, SS is taking the word "collect" out of collectable when they do this kind of talk about an item that is very expensive to start off with.

i encourage you to continue to buy it under the new conditions if you are comfortable with them as a collector. Also, as a collector, I am hoping that you put in a phone call to SS and let them know that they are, at the very least, misleading with the ES, and devaluing this piece with their non-numbering ES at the price they are setting.

Im not sure if I look at this so much as an investment as some of you. ES matters but no so much since I dont sell these.
Also, if sideshow screws me over then they will get it back! All I have to do is call them and say its sh@@! And then they send me a paid return slip and it goes back!
Simple, easy and painless!
No I am not afraid, I think Sideshow is a very good company and they will take care of me.
Is it going to depreciate? I would think it will, I am not going to lie to you and say it will not. And for that you can wait about a year and buy for maybe less than $1500.00.
Its like the new sports car, you drive it out of the lot and it devaluates! But if you wait a while you will be able to get it less.
How long would you like to wait?

Last edited:
I only agree with you Dave if the QC is tight on this piece. At such a huge scale, scratches, dings, knicks that may have gone unnoticed on a smaller piece will stick out and be glaring. Not to mention SSC's track record with Iron Man pieces isn't the best, with not one item coming without damage reported somewhere. If SSC really makes sure that these are checked, rechecked, put into styrofoam that won't scuff and scratch, then I think you'll have one of their best pieces. If not, I think you'll have a fiasco that will be hard to recover from in the Iron Man camp.

Remember they've already said that the merchandise they are offering for Iron Man 1 will continue with Iron Man 2, which I have a feeling will include a 1:2 War Machine and a 1:2 Iron Man of some sort probably the Mark VI so if this doesn't come out right, I don't see people taking another $200 deposit on hopes that they get it right the second time.

I only agree with you Dave if the QC is tight on this piece. At such a huge scale, scratches, dings, knicks that may have gone unnoticed on a smaller piece will stick out and be glaring. Not to mention SSC's track record with Iron Man pieces isn't the best, with not one item coming without damage reported somewhere. If SSC really makes sure that these are checked, rechecked, put into styrofoam that won't scuff and scratch, then I think you'll have one of their best pieces. If not, I think you'll have a fiasco that will be hard to recover from in the Iron Man camp.

Remember they've already said that the merchandise they are offering for Iron Man 1 will continue with Iron Man 2, which I have a feeling will include a 1:2 War Machine and a 1:2 Iron Man of some sort probably the Mark VI so if this doesn't come out right, I don't see people taking another $200 deposit on hopes that they get it right the second time.

If SS has any issues with this statue they can pretty much swear off any other IM related pieces. Who would want to invest any amount of money in something guaranteed to have issues. Say bye bye to 1:2 war machine...

Oh, has anyone seen the new trailer for IM 2...war machine looks awesome!

Chris

Back