TheGent's Original Trilogy Troops Revisited

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGent

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sounds pretty wham, that title, not? But I just started my first custom one and it freaks the hell outta me. Because I'm very exact on details but I have no clue on how to handle any tool to get to the point. So I started to do the biker scout trooper, whatever you may like to call it, by buying a Hasbro one with a speeder bike (don't let the lady read that, it's still hidden under the roof!). After receiving a great little package from Snow (thak you for all the hints and dos and don'ts!), I started by putting on the arm armour. I sewed the little straps much tighter (near to impossible to get so gloves, I had to remove those) so they won't move around. Now here are some pics what I did to make the chest and back armour fitting tighter:

Cutting off the long strap and using them as help for an additional hole:

Additional hole made with a carpetknife, doesn't have to look like manufactured because insert is very big:

See how tight is fits now?

Still waiting for my Tomy helmet, somewhere in the mail ...

Last edited:
Re: TheGent's Start on Custom OT Troops

Off to a great start man, I love watching them come together :clap

Nice Step by Step to btw, I never can do that right on my thread lol, mines like lego instruction "heres the pic now figure out whats different" :rotfl

Last edited:

I really thought about not creating the additional hole, but as the whole armour of Hasbro is so yummygummy and has that stripe to fix it already on the front part, I liked the idea. And if I turn to really dislike it, I'll just ask Snow for another armour set ... Dumdeedum ...

BTW, those standard heads really need a balaclava ...

Using the Hasbro armour is perfect. It just the chest that needs modding and then replacing the bells and its a massive improvement.

Thats exactly what I used to make the moulds for the casts.

Here's what I did to do my Hasbro ('Let's turn him into something looking better!') Snowtrooper:
1. Rip off everything from Hasbro body with no mercy. :mad:
2. Sprayed every armour part with RAL 9010 and paint eyes black, armour buttons red and black (I always hated blue ones)
3. Sprayed Hasbro jumpsuit (looked awful afterwards, but with armour on it's surprisingly good!)
3. ACI-Body dressed with jumpsuit, helmet (cowl cut shorter) and chest/ back armour on.
4. Shoulder bells, elbow and lower arm protection fixed with stretch tape.
5. Boots on (there still Hasbro originals :dunno)​
Here's a WIP shot (only left side of arm armour is on, kneepads are missing, Boots - aaaw, I don't know):

Thank you, big guy. What the pic does not really show well: Spraying the paint on makes that armour and helmet look really glossy ...

Yes though with weathering that will counter the gloss if it`s something you don`t want.

The wrist piece of the fore arm armour, are you making the wrist part a complete seal around the wrist or leaving it as Hasbro have?

I painted the boots with two different whites, dead flat for the fabric and a satin/semi gloss for the "straps". This is surprisingly effective and makes the sculpting of the boots "pop " out . ( Looks excellent so far , by the way .):clap

Looking good Gent...

You know, the Hasbro boots dont look too bad. The boots have been a sticking point with me and the main reason I havent finished my Hoth trooper.

Maybe I need to repaint them, first I have to find some. I tossed mine a couple of years ago.

Thank you for all the kind words, they mean a lot as I'm a first class rookie.

Yeah, Chakaman, also been looking for some boots, guess they find me rather than me finding them ...

Snow, I thought maybe we could use one of the shoulder bells as the hard material for the Snowtrooper Captain's mask. It might fit, I've put it there for a try - maybe you try for yourself ...

Last edited:

Looking good Gent...

You know, the Hasbro boots dont look too bad. The boots have been a sticking point with me and the main reason I havent finished my Hoth trooper.

Maybe I need to repaint them, first I have to find some. I tossed mine a couple of years ago.

I got a spare set of Snowtrooper boots if you want them bud, got a few snowtroopers in and was just gonna bash them for my galactic marine, just say the word mate and their yours

I got a spare set of Snowtrooper boots if you want them bud, got a few snowtroopers in and was just gonna bash them for my galactic marine, just say the word mate and their yours

Thanks man, I will let you know. I appreciate it. :)

Snowtrooper is looking great.... so much better with cleaner armour!

Thanx, Dorg! Also funny:
By die hard spraypainting that Hasbro jumpsuit, it got now looking like heavy linen plus it has become pretty stiff (even able to form or sculpt the cape!).
Boots are gonna be repainted plus fabric added, backpack and helmet also need a repaint with glossy finish. Update Pics to follow ...

Bad for those bad rainy day light conditions, but better than no pics ...

you guys in america have plenty of snowtroopers available,but you can forget about it in good old europe:thud:.nothing on the market:panic:
and shipping costs from the U.S. are higher than the prize for a hasbro snow guy:cuckoo:

Looking great! Where did you get the elastic straps for the armor? I need to get my Hoth Snow Scout going. I just got a Tommy Scout helmet and I moded the hasbro boots a bit.

Oh and how did you go about painting the jump suit? I assume you use flat, but was it a cloth paint?

Back