The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WWE emailed me a 3 month trial offer of the WWE network :yess:

They've been sending those like every month haha, they really want subscribers onto their network, especially during the months around Wrestlemania. I don't personally have it, but my friends say there is a lot of archived material on there, good stuff, a lot has been edited, but it's a nice throwback to the years before.

Very solid NXT show tonight. The tag title match is worth going out of your way to catch and the main event was pretty good too. I'm hoping Nakamura is going to be making his way to the blue brand soon.

Very solid NXT show tonight. The tag title match is worth going out of your way to catch and the main event was pretty good too. I'm hoping Nakamura is going to be making his way to the blue brand soon.

Agreed. Tag match was MotY candidate to me.

I just watched NXT Takeover a few hours ago and it was excellent. Now I can't hep but think WrestleMania is going to feel like even more of a let down than I'm already expecting it to be.

I read and heard that Takeover was pretty damn good. Not one of their better shows but NXT's worst are much better than the current WWE's best. Rumor is that Nakamura is now going up to the main roster, possibly Smackdown. I think he'd fit better on Smackdown, he's got some solid competition there and a history with AJ Styles (from their days in Japan). There's also a rumor of a draft reshuffle...which might not be a bad idea to do to "keep things fresh".

Not much about Wrestlemania to be excited about...I personally think it's one of their weaker cards. A few thoughts:

-The storyline build-ups are definitely "better" in my opinion. With the flip-flop of RAW and Smackdown PPVs, it gives the WWE a little more time to refine and work on the storylines throughout the shows. Personally though, I don't care much about some of the characters though...like Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton. I don't think the Wyatt family ever made a "lasting mark" on the WWE like its "evil, satanic stable" contemporaries, the Ministry of Darkness, etc. so Bray Wyatt becoming WWE Champ is more of a hold-over for Orton to become Champ again and Wyatt was never given a chance to "establish" himself over the roster. Orton is naturally a heel character, and I've always never thought he stood out well like his OVW colleagues Cena, Lesnar, Batista, etc.

-The Jericho/Owens match-up: They've done a great job building this up between them, much in part to Jericho who has been having one of the best runs of his career. This is one of the better matches on the card.

-"Waste" of AJ Styles and Undertaker: Styles should NOT be wrestling against glorified backyard wrestler Shane McMahon. Credit to Shane because he does put his body through a lot, and I KNOW AJ Styles will bring it for the match, but I'd rather see AJ wrestle for more, like the WWE Title. I'm also glad that Styles has been the first one to lay the smackdown HARD on a McMahon since Stone Cold. Undertaker should NOT be wasted on Roman Reigns. Reigns is horrible, an unfortunate product of McMahon/Dunn who seem oblivious that this guy is NOT going to be their next star. I'm afraid he's going to permanently hurt the Undertaker over some botched move.

-RAW Women's match should be pre-show, NOT Smackdown's ladies: The Smackdown ladies' division is on-fire and should be on the main card! The women there are all fairly evenly-matched, Mickie James has shown she still has it (and looks great!) and there is much more heat on that match. The RAW women are definitely talented, but there is so much focus on Charlotte that it essentially weakens her competition...especially Bayley, who indeed deserves that title but it shouldn't be a "tainted win".

-Tired of Stephanie McMahon, she needs to GO!: I'm tired of Stephanie McMahon who tries to play the SAME role as her father without getting her comeuppance. She has verbally THRASHED all the performers on-air and they have not been allowed to retaliate in this "family-friendly" WWE. It weakens the characters and their positions. Even though Vince would do the same verball, wrestlers were ALLOWED to then physically pummel him! Allowing them an ounce of revenge. Austin stunned the entire McMahon family, EVEN LINDA! The answer: Allow one of the women to beat the crap out of her and get her off the air OR....

-Bring Kurt Angle in as the new RAW GM: This is the ONLY guy I can see can counter Stephanie since she took Mick Foley's balls and put them in a jar. They can play up the former "romantic" angle that they used to have, and Kurt can use that to his advantage as the GM. They can't do this stupid "heel owner/face GM" stuff, UNLESS the face GM is demonstrated to be more clever than the heel owner. This is why Smackdown works so well, the focus is NOT on Bryan and Shane fighting, but allowing them to empower the talent and characters while serving as side-pieces and points of frustration for the heel performers.

-Don't care for Rollins/HHH, Goldberg/Lesnar, etc: Rollins came back and "forgot" about Triple H for a while, and then suddenly remembers his feud with him again? Ugh. As for Lesnar and Goldberg, we know this is Goldberg's last match...so Lesnar is definitely going to win. It'll be interesting to see how much of a match this will be though...can Goldberg actually get through a whole match? Don't really care much for Corbin/Ambrose though both guys have done solid at an average feud...I struggle getting behind Corbin's character.

-2017 should be Miz's Year, he NEEDS this win: The Miz has come full circle to prove that he is NOW a legitimate star. Ever since his "pipebomb" promo against Daniel Bryan, the Miz has been ON FIRE. Adding his smokin'-hot wife Maryse and actually using CLASSIC heel tactics (like hiding behind his wife, etc.) has helped amplify the Miz to new heights. Rumor is Cena is going to take some time-off and this could also possibly be Nikki Bella's last match (neck issues), but the Miz needs the win over Cena, or the very least...Maryse should be pinned by Nikki and set up a one-on-one between Miz and Cena that allows Miz to go over.

With the length of that entrance ramp I have a bad feeling Goldberg will be gassed about halfway to the ring. They should have brought back the carts from III and VI.

The Hardyz are back!

DELETE! DELETE! DELETE!

I hope they bring their Broken gimmick over. It was seriously the best thing Impact Wrestling had that leveled them in any interesting way to the WWE. I didn't really watch TNA but I caught up on all the Broken Matt stuff and LOVED it.

With about 2 hours left to this show, I can say I have been sufficiently sports entertained. That's all I can ask for. That and maybe a Miz win.

Well, unfortunate Miz loss and then Cena proposed to Nikki. Congrats to them both. Rollins and Triple H right now.

Blandy Orton is now 13x champion. Hopefully a heel turn is coming soon so he can be somewhat interesting.

I kind of wish I'd gone to bed after the ladder match. Things started going down hill with the mixed tag match. Bray vs Randy was terrible.

Back