The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoyed the shock value of Goldbergs win, it also takes a little bit the weight of who is next star to defeat the Beast.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I put Raw and Smackdown on Hulu while I'm doing other house chores and just absently pay attention. A couple thoughts:

-Smackdown is definitely the better show. The rumor is there are a few NXT writers so they help out since NXT is overall WWE's best show...but it demonstrates that things will be great once Triple H is in charge. You can still feel McMahon and Dunn's hands on some of the scripts and storylines.

-Jericho should be Universal Champ. He constantly is over and it's clear they paired him with Owens so that KO would get a rub from Y2J's popularity. I think Jericho deserves one more run and it could culminate with a great match with Rollins.

-Reigns still sucks. People are always booing him. WWE damaged his character long-term by shoving him down fan's throats.

-Charlotte is improving a lot. She's great on the mic and in the ring. Though it's hard to see how female wrestlers like Sasha measure up when she's so much smaller than Charlotte.

-Kind of tired of the Ellsworth stuff. Put this guy in the cruiser weight division or something. I know they're trying to drag the Ambrose-Styles stuff out but maybe they need to toss one or two other guys up to the main event to spice things up, like Orton or Ziggler or even the Miz.

-Speaking of the Miz. Finally I'm taking this guy seriously. After his own "pipebomb" smack talk with Daniel Bryan, and bringing his wife as a legit manager, he's finally fallen into a great pace and it's appears he's no longer a joke. His stuff with Ziggler has been great.

-AJ Styles is probably my favorite guy on the main shows so far. However, I hope they promote BOBBY ROODE up soon. The guy knows his stuff and what the WWE wants, and his Glorious theme has kicked him into fan favorite territory despite being a heel.

I put Raw and Smackdown on Hulu while I'm doing other house chores and just absently pay attention. A couple thoughts:

-Smackdown is definitely the better show. The rumor is there are a few NXT writers so they help out since NXT is overall WWE's best show...but it demonstrates that things will be great once Triple H is in charge. You can still feel McMahon and Dunn's hands on some of the scripts and storylines.

-Jericho should be Universal Champ. He constantly is over and it's clear they paired him with Owens so that KO would get a rub from Y2J's popularity. I think Jericho deserves one more run and it could culminate with a great match with Rollins.

-Reigns still sucks. People are always booing him. WWE damaged his character long-term by shoving him down fan's throats.

-Charlotte is improving a lot. She's great on the mic and in the ring. Though it's hard to see how female wrestlers like Sasha measure up when she's so much smaller than Charlotte.

-Kind of tired of the Ellsworth stuff. Put this guy in the cruiser weight division or something. I know they're trying to drag the Ambrose-Styles stuff out but maybe they need to toss one or two other guys up to the main event to spice things up, like Orton or Ziggler or even the Miz.

-Speaking of the Miz. Finally I'm taking this guy seriously. After his own "pipebomb" smack talk with Daniel Bryan, and bringing his wife as a legit manager, he's finally fallen into a great pace and it's appears he's no longer a joke. His stuff with Ziggler has been great.

-AJ Styles is probably my favorite guy on the main shows so far. However, I hope they promote BOBBY ROODE up soon. The guy knows his stuff and what the WWE wants, and his Glorious theme has kicked him into fan favorite territory despite being a heel.
:goodpost: Excellent thoughts.

Haven't got a chance to watch the rumble yet but from what I have heard it was disappointing. No samoa joe? Happy that tye dillenger came in at 10 but now he will be wasted on the main shows.

SPOILERS: I haven't watched much wrestling recently outside of the Joe/ Nakamura nxt stuff, but though the ppv was very well done overall. Particularly Styles Cena, Jack Gallagher, and Orton winning. WWE found a way to get Smart marks firmly behind Cena and Orton. No easy task.

FINALLY, NXT....is...simply...

Glorious.

Bobby+Roode+glorious+bomb.gif

NXT has made me a wrestling follower again. I've always been a fan, but guys like Roode, Nakamura, Young, Dillinger, etc in NXT make me follow wrestling again.

I was never a big TNA guy, beyond watching Joe, Styles, Christopher Daniels, and the other guys of their ilk back in the day. But so far I don't see the big attraction of Bobby Roode. He's got a nice, dramatic entrance, and he's a convincing heel, but I don't see what he can do that warrants his position in NXT at the moment. Seems average in the ring. Could be my lack of exposure to the guy, though.

Trust me roode is "ahem" glorious. He played possum against nakamura.... you never see heels do that anymore! Roode has the potential to be another HHH type villain with a dash of dibiase and a sprinkle of ravishing rick. NXt actually reminds me of TNA glory days before hogan and bitchoff ruined it. The only problem is once nXt stars are called up they mostly languish and fade away

I followed Roode a little in TNA. He's very much a wrestler in character (and moveset) in line with Triple H but like imthebestat just said with dashes of Dibiase, Ravishing Rick Rude, and of course...Ric Flair in there. I'd argue that he plays the villainous "cowardly" heel a bit better than Triple H. Mostly cause after a while Triple H's ego got in the way and he seemed to always want to be the Super Villain "The Game"/Cerebral Assassin who dominated everyone.

Triple H didn't have a stellar moveset either, but where he and Roode are very similar (aside from their similar look/build) is in their ring psychology, working the crowd, and telling a story. Roode "gets" it and you can absolutely see that WWE seems to be very happy that he's catching on quick. He wouldn't be NXT Champion already if he wasn't.

I wanted to note that I think the WWE is beginning to see that their Performance Center isn't exactly pumping out the "megastars" that they expected. Roman Reigns is obviously the proverbial "top product" to come out of that program, while most of the "newer" main eventers like Kevin Owens, Dean Ambrose, AJ Styles, and Seth Rollins have had years in Japan, or ROH, or other Indies to hone their craft both in the ring and on the mic. You can see this tide where WWE, through NXT, is acquiring talent from places like TNA and New Japan and trying to conform them to the "WWE Style" (less high-flying/high-risk spots and more "safety"-conscious) and seeing how they do before giving them the main event lift. On top of that, NXT also needs to attract ratings and a profit, and you need some talent with experience (and hopefully a fan following) to assist with that. Everyone who loved Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Roode, etc. is following them to NXT and NXT captures the "flavor" of what made the WWE special in the 80's and 90's when the titles really did "matter" and the storylines focused well on the characters. That's something completely lost on the main roster on RAW and SmackDown (mostly RAW).

Back