The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys have convinced me to give Roode a more careful look, so I'll do that. Certainly, there is value in being a great, Flair-type heel. I would say HHH is derivative in many ways of the Nature Boy, in terms of his ring psychology, and the fact that he was such a legitimate threat in the ring. Rick Rude was also a bit in that mold in his WCW days, though he was the typical, "can only win against non-jobbers by cheating" in the WWE. I think AJ Styles also has that element to him. Not totally sure about Kevin Owens, but he has potential.

I definitely agree with Bardoon on the developmental side. This is something I wanted the WWE to be doing a decade plus ago, when they had so many opportunities to pick these guys up in their real prime. Now, how many years to guys like Joe, Styles, Aries, etc. have before they have a Danielson-type injury, or just can't keep up anymore?

WWE could use the Motor City Machine Guns. . .

Sad news tonight, apparently Chavo Guerrero Snr has passed away.

RIP Geriatric Latino Heat

Went to Elimination Chamber last night and despite being ore of a RAW guy, it was a great PPV. The crowd was really into it which always helps. Happy to see Bray win the title.

I dig the Bray Wyatt character but never really thought he got the main event "push" as he was always an outlier. Just right outside of the main event circle of wrestlers but never really "in" it.

Despite that, I know Rotunda has been working hard and after his stumble with the Husky Harris character and revamping himself as Bray Wyatt, this is very much well-earned and deserved.

Hopefully with moving on from the Wyatt family, we can see his character develop a little more. He's the closest to that creepy, supernatural character as they got right now (a la Undertaker, Mankind, Kane, etc.).

Prefer AJ as WWE champ than Bray..but anything is better than the horrible Bromance between Jericho and KO that finally ended for Raw.

Everybody is thinking a triple threat at WM for the WWE title between Orton, Bray and Cena, well it is WM, so why not throw AJ in and make it a Fatal Four Way at WM

So, what do you think about KO and Jericho story line?

I've loved the pairing since it started, but all good things have to end. The segment last night was done very well. When Jericho comes back the crowd should go crazy for him. I hope that the feud actually has the title attached to it, but I worry about them having KO drop it to Goldberg.

I've loved the pairing since it started, but all good things have to end. The segment last night was done very well. When Jericho comes back the crowd should go crazy for him. I hope that the feud actually has the title attached to it, but I worry about them having KO drop it to Goldberg.

I think we'll see KO drop the title to Goldberg thanks to some interference from Jericho. This will set up Goldberg and Brock Lesnar for the Universal Title at Wrestlemania and likely also Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho (possibly for the US Title) at Wrestlemania as well. These are two pretty damn strong matches with lots of history and story behind them (something that WWE slowly seems to be remembering is how to build "history" and "story" into matches to make the audience care since the brand split...they've been sh***y with it before then).

I'm sure we'll also have Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton for the WWE title. I'm sorry, but I'm bored with Orton. He's robotic in the ring and rather flat as a character and I just never caught on with him. I think we'll see Orton win that as the WWE likely wants to reward him.

So where does that leave John Cena? AJ Styles? Miz? I've read rumors that WWE was trying to push a AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon match...that's dumb and a waste of Styles' talent. I think maybe they should push John Cena vs. AJ Styles in a Number One Contender's match for the WWE World Title...and eventually allow one of them to retrieve it to set up an Iron Man Match. There's rumors of a John Cena/Nikki Bella vs. Miz/Maryse mixed tag team match as well.

Miz has had one of his best runs EVER. He's finally hit his stride as a character. Rumors abound that there might be a Miz vs. Daniel Bryan match...which would be fantastic to capitalize off of their on-screen feuding.

Circling back, I still think Chris Jericho should be the WWE Universal Champion. It's pretty obvious to us smarks that Jericho was paired with Owens to help KO get over and thanks to that, Jericho has had a resurgence in his character (scarves, "the List of Jericho" and new catchphrases like 'Drink it in man!'). He deserves it.

You see, this is the point! Since they've done it well, you still don't know who'll end up winning the title in Fastlane! I believe Goldberg, we all believe that he'll come over KO in just seconds! lol
But the pairing is good for Mania since The Undertaker is having his surgery, they need a main event with a big feud like this one!

George "the Animal" Steele and Nicole Bass have followed Chavo Snr into the ring in the sky. Steele was old school before the word was ever even thought of.

RIP

The end of SDL last night was not good. It seems like WWE panicked and rushed things with Orton/Wyatt. Also, how in the hell is AJ Styles supposed to be the heel with all the crap he's endured in the last 2 months?

Triple threat at WM for the WWE title

Y2J vs Owens for the Universal Title at WM

So predictable WWE Creative

Jack Swagger asked for and was granted his release. I really thought he was going to be something after he debuted in WWECW, but he never seemed to click. When it looked like things were going his way something like his DWI before WM29 happened. I think some time away from WWE will be good for him and maybe he comes back down the line.

Back