The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Truthfully, we haven't heard first hand what Punk wants or why he left, so who really knows? He seemed genuinely ready to walk a couple years ago prior to the Pipe Bomb thing. He doesn't need the money obviously (if so, this was the WORST time he could have left). He has the acclaim and was the second most popular wrestler in the company. If he did want that main event spot, and figured he deserved it for the crowd support and fact that he hadn't had it before and might now have another chance, I could get that. I wouldn't say that his "build" over the last half of last year anyway was logically developing to his facing HHH at WM. He was wasting way way too much time with Ryback et al. during that time. But we're all making an assumption that the conventional wisdom is correct here.

Surprised Cesaro beat Orton clean on Smackdown last week. Had a nice showing against Cena on Raw too.
I think the thing with Orton (losing to several guys in the leadup to the PPV) is that the WWE wants to make the audience think he has no chance. But of course, he will win somehow, using some chicken**** heel move or with outside interference, and then it will build up more "drama" for the inevitable Orton/Batista Wrestlemania match.

I'm guessing the Elimination Chamber will come down to Orton and Bryan, and HHH will cost Bryan the match.

I can't wait to waste many nights watching WCW pay per views from the late '80s-early '90s.

Battlebowl

War Games

Then, World War 3--something like 90 men in 3 different battle royals happening at the same time! The Yeti!

:mummy

The unified title now means only the Royal Rumble winner will be the main event contender at Wrestlemania unless they make a triple threat match like when Benoit and Rey Mysterio won the title.

I loved the cruiserweight matches in WCW.
Hell yeah. That's all I watched them for in the later '90s. I think they plan on having all past Nitros and Raws, as well. If so, I cringe thinking about how bad the early Raws usually were, and drool at the thought of some of those Nitros.

First ever Nitro match--Flyin Brian Pillman vs. Jushin Thunder Liger. That's how you start a ****ing wrestling show.

I think the thing with Orton (losing to several guys in the leadup to the PPV) is that the WWE wants to make the audience think he has no chance. But of course, he will win somehow, using some chicken**** heel move or with outside interference, and then it will build up more "drama" for the inevitable Orton/Batista Wrestlemania match.

I'm guessing the Elimination Chamber will come down to Orton and Bryan, and HHH will cost Bryan the match.

I expect Orton to retain the title. The opposite momentum rule. They'll probably have Bryan vs. HHH at mania if HHH costs him the match.

I expect Orton to retain the title The opposite momentum rule. They'll probably have Bryan vs. HHH at mania if HHH costs him the match.
Yeah, conventional thinking is we'll see Bryan vs. HHH (probably as the final match of the night), Orton vs. Batista, Cena vs. Wyatt, Undertaker vs. Lesnar, and a bunch of other, inconsequential stuff. I imagine Reigns vs. Ambrose will be one, and maybe Cesaro vs. Swagger.

But there's still a chance we'll see a Bryan/Orton/Batista 3-way. . .

Yeah, conventional thinking is we'll see Bryan vs. HHH (probably as the final match of the night), Orton vs. Batista, Cena vs. Wyatt, Undertaker vs. Lesnar, and a bunch of other, inconsequential stuff. I imagine Reigns vs. Ambrose will be one, and maybe Cesaro vs. Swagger.

But there's still a chance we'll see a Bryan/Orton/Batista 3-way. . .

I can't imagine the WM crowd not hijacking the show unless Bryan is either the champ or in the title match. I'm guessing WWE realizes this now and wouldn't want the crowd to boo Orton/Batista out of the building especially closing the show with the fireworks and having to turn the music up to drown out the boos.... At least that would be my thought process, lol.

On a side note, driving up to Green Bay for Raw on Monday.. Hopefully if the rumors are true it should be a great show to be at.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am sure Brock will be involved at Elimination Chamber in some capacity even though he is not advertised to be there.

It is in Minneapolis where he wrestled for the University of MN and he lives near Alexandria MN. The "hometown" crowd will pop hard for him if he shows up.

Because of this channel, I called the cable company early today and disconnected service. True story. With this and Netflix, I've got no real need for any other cable TV channels.

Well, yes. . .but I think cable is going to have a problem as more and more of these kinds of things start popping up. Cox just increased our rate by $10 in January, something they have been doing every year. I think the cable companies of the world are going to have to start facing the reality that charging customers more money while there are loads more options at a much cheaper cost isn't a sustainable business model. What happens when ESPN bails and has its own streaming service either on its own or with a small group of partner channels, or Comedy Central, Fox News, AMC, etc.

Well, yes. . .but I think cable is going to have a problem as more and more of these kinds of things start popping up. Cox just increased our rate by $10 in January, something they have been doing every year. I think the cable companies of the world are going to have to start facing the reality that charging customers more money while there are loads more options at a much cheaper cost isn't a sustainable business model. What happens when ESPN bails and has its own streaming service, or Comedy Central, Fox News, AMC, etc.

I know we didn't have the option for cable when I moved, but I think Satellite is also making cable obsolete. The only thing I had to get used to was either remembering to record the shows or watching them 3hrs earlier than they'd normally air. :lol

Less than 24 HOURS!!! :panic:
so-excited-gif3.gif

giphy.gif

omg-im-so-excited.gif

Excited.gif

Back