The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WWE Network is working pretty well so far tonight on the PS3--first time this has happened. Watching one of my favorite all time PPVs--Starrcade 1995: WCW vs. New Japan Pro Wrestling. But Dusty Rhodes is one of the WORST commentators in history.

I thought I read the WCW/Japan cross promotion PPV's were not included. If they are, that is great!

It was a regular WCW pay per view, but it was a cross-over between the two companies. Not the "Supershow" from a few years prior. I wish those were on here. I'm watching the first ever episode of Smackdown now. Funny watching HHH when he was first becoming a main event guy (he just said, paraphrasing--"I did what all those suits in the back said I couldn't do, and won the WWF championship!"), sparring with the Rock during his prime.

FINALLY working across all devices here, Android, Kindle, lap top, & PS3. Streaming has been flawless since day one, but on-demand content was nothing but error messages and freezes. Spent all day Wednesday browsing WCW/ECW/WWF pay-per-views on the PS3, all worked with out any major issues. Some very minor 1-3 second freezes a handful of times. Watched some old RAWs, from '93 and '98 and some old MSG stuff too, watched for about 4 hours no error messages or total freezes. Hope the major issues are behind us.

One thing the network DESPERATELY needs is a resume view feature like Netflix. Having to start from the beginning of an event every time is annoying. Hope that is an update that happens sooner than later.

Yeah, I agree with that. On the bright side, you can skip forward and backward extremely quickly. I was happy to see Tuesday in Texas and The Wrestling Classic listed as WWF PPVs, as neither were very conventional or well known PPVs. The former had Hogan vs. Undertaker in 1991, and the latter was a tournament from 1985 had some brilliant matches on paper, that unfortunately weren't given a chance to live up to their potential--Steamboat vs. Davey Boy Smith, Dynamite Kid vs. the Macho Man, and Macho Man vs. Steamboat a couple of years before Wrestlemania 3. It also had a solo Hogan vs. Piper match during the height of their feud.

I finally singed up for the network today. No problems so far on the PS3.

I decided to test drive things with Halloween Havoc '90. Jim Ross back in '90 was awesome on top of everything. Stan Hansen in anything other than AJPW still seems weird. Holy hell, was the main event a cluster with faux Sting and then quick finish.

I checked out the live stream right after to see an old Raw with Austin driving in the zamboni. I still wonder why they had the old Winged Eagle belt in the case for this segment that happened months after that belt had been retired.

Never watched NXT before so I have to say NXT Arrival has been awesome so far.

It is so refreshing to hear commentators that are actually selling the wrestlers and moves in the ring instead of bickering amongst themselves though the matches.

Cesaro needs to be unleashed in the WWE!

I decided to test drive things with Halloween Havoc '90. Jim Ross back in '90 was awesome on top of everything. Stan Hansen in anything other than AJPW still seems weird. Holy hell, was the main event a cluster with faux Sting and then quick finish.
Hansen was in the WWF for awhile in the late '70s/early '80s, where he feuded with Sammartino and Bob Backlund for the title.

Watched Ye-Tay's debut last night. The abominable snowman who disguised himself as a giant, Hogan raping mummy, and later, a giant ninja. Doesn't get much better than that.

Just saw the NXT Arrival match between Cesaro and El Generico. Amazing match in so many ways. Very ROH-like, and the crowd was insane for it. If you are a fan of great in-ring wrestling, watch it. It opens the show.

Just saw the NXT Arrival match between Cesaro and El Generico. Amazing match in so many ways. Very ROH-like, and the crowd was insane for it. If you are a fan of great in-ring wrestling, watch it. It opens the show.

I was watching that match during my lunch break. That was bad ***.

So how has the launch of the Network been guys?

Is a lot of stuff edited? I will assume that the ECW shows have been edited something rotten.

I can't speak for ECW stuff, but it is nice to see that there's no blurring when it comes to WWF scratch logo. Mentions of WWF also go without any problems.

I did not notice some music changes. No Badstreet for the Freebirds on a few WCW PPVs and no Eye of the Tiger for Hogan at WM I. The Hogan one I figured, but no Badstreet makes me sad.:monkey2

I can't speak for ECW stuff, but it is nice to see that there's no blurring when it comes to WWF scratch logo. Mentions of WWF also go without any problems.

I did not notice some music changes. No Badstreet for the Freebirds on a few WCW PPVs and no Eye of the Tiger for Hogan at WM I. The Hogan one I figured, but no Badstreet makes me sad.:monkey2

The only "down-side" is they've changed the music due to licensing but other than that, I can't really tell anything altered.

Thanks guys.

Yeah I was speaking to someone earlier on who said that apart from the music everything looked fine and that he had just watched Austin beating the living daylights out of Lita with a chair from Raw back in 2001 as part of the Two Man Power Trip.

Didn't Vince sort out the using the Attitude era WWF logo business a few years back?

Back