The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well yeah, I assumed they would edit out the Owen stuff. It just still seems wrong to me. The show shouldn't have even continued after that point.

Have you heard how they plan to handle any Benoit stuff?

Well yeah, I assumed they would edit out the Owen stuff. It just still seems wrong to me. The show shouldn't have even continued after that point.

Have you heard how they plan to handle any Benoit stuff?

I get the sense he'll be edited out as well. It's a goddam shame McMahon still won't own up to his dementia after all these years. It seemed that would've been the perfect opportunity for them to talk about how much safer the WWE's become since those days, vs. blaming it on roid rage and demonizing Benoit as the scapegoat, when it's clear most of the superstars are still juicing.

I just googled it, and apparently the Benoit stuff will be kept in, but only on existing shows--so he won't be featured in any new compilation videos, or historical discussions, etc.

It would take a hell of a lot of work to edit all of his stuff out (presumably not just his matches, but references to him in other matches as well, as they have done with DVDs to this point). Honestly, my guess is that is the main reason they chose not to censor them. But with the network coming up later this month, I really don't see them doing an about face.

I also heard Benoit's matches will definitely be a part of the WWE network. The only thing they might do is put a disclaimer at the beginning of the show.

I also heard Benoit's matches will definitely be a part of the WWE network. The only thing they might do is put a disclaimer at the beginning of the show.

What would that be? :lol

"We at the WWE are still completely in denial regarding the dementia, and it's cause, which lead to the deaths at the Benoit family home...."

That's exactly what I was wondering to when I heard about that. What in the hell is this disclaimer suppose to read? :dunno

Probably be some anti steroid bull**** and a blurb about their BS "Wellness program" that most of the athletes on the roster stop using to test negative when their turn comes, then start up again once the test comes back clean.

Or maybe it will just be something justifying their inclusion of his matches. Something like, "Please note that this show includes a match with Chris Benoit. We have included his matches on WWE 24/7 because we want to give the fans what they want to see" etc. That way, folks who might be offended can avoid it, and others can get an explanation if they want it.

Or maybe it will just be something justifying their inclusion of his matches. Something like, "Please note that this show includes a match with Chris Benoit. We have included his matches on WWE 24/7 because we want to give the fans what they want to see" etc. That way, folks who might be offended can avoid it, and others can get an explanation if they want it.

I dunno. At the end of the day, it's still their product and they'll need to stand behind it. Unfortunately, I see them using it as an opportunity to continue to demonize Benoit and promote their BS Wellness Program.

Just confirmed on Smackdown that the HOF ceremony will be shown in it's entirety live on the WWE Network.

What's kinda funny is punk said over at wizard world he wanted the bookers/writers to provide more lengthy feuds...and what were the current rumored plans, to have HHH job to punk, and provide a lengthy feud with hunter till Punk's contract was up. What a hypocrite.

What's kinda funny is punk said over at wizard world he wanted the bookers/writers to provide more lengthy feuds...and what were the current rumored plans, to have HHH job to punk, and provide a lengthy feud with hunter till Punk's contract was up. What a hypocrite.

Punk wants to main event Wrestlemania not wrestle Triple H.

Back