The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hugh Jackman looks like he could handle himself in a fight. I blame the directors. None of the X-Men films have ever had decent fight choreography.

So....basically you wanted a Jason Statham movie and not a Wolverine movie? Because taking out everything you've said you'd take out just makes it a completely different movie....

100% accurate. Woverine has a life outside of the X-Men. The Wolverine movie is exactly the kind of stuff you would read in a Wolverine comic book.

What I find wrong with the way Wolverine is portrayed in all the movies is what FQRizzo posted. I think in The Woverine the character is much closer to how Wolverine is supposed to be. Far from perfect but much better. I thought The Wolverine was a very enjoyable movie

For a studio to make a realistic Wolverine it would have to be an R rating. It would have to have over the top violence like 300. Fight scenes like Kill Bill. Some of the fighting would most likely have to rely on CGI.

Nothing is as bad as that :lol

Okay, I will say this, This movie could have been okay if it was not a Wolverine or X men movie. It really had nothing to do with either one.

Like I said, take out the part about the old guy wanting to live forever, Change some stuff around, Replace the character with Jason Statham and you would really have your typical Jason movie.
(Down to the character rescuing a helpless girl and ending up sleeping with her, Which Jason Statham has done like 5 times already)

And Origins: Wolverine sucked, But At least it had mutants and it was a x men movie. That movie was really bad but for me it fits in the universe. This really doesn't

And to be honest I didn't hate the movie as much (Just found it Boring) But then when the giant robot showed up and the fight began, I just took off my 3D glasses and said F- this movie......
Then when we see the old guy.... I just never want to see this ever again. To be honest the ending to X Men Origins was not as bad

Silver Samurai is he only actual super anything Logan fights. Everyone else is in a ninja boy band or an Uma Thurman wannabe.

If Viper had been the only villain with powers you would have hated that even more.

100% accurate. Woverine has a life outside of the X-Men. The Wolverine movie is exactly the kind of stuff you would read in a Wolverine comic book.

What I find wrong with the way Wolverine is portrayed in all the movies is what FQRizzo posted. I think in The Woverine the character is much closer to how Wolverine is supposed to be. Far from perfect but much better. I thought The Wolverine was a very enjoyable movie

For a studio to make a realistic Wolverine it would have to be an R rating. It would have to have over the top violence like 300. Fight scenes like Kill Bill. Some of the fighting would most likely have to rely on CGI.

Funny.. i actualy liked it MORE becuase it felt literaly right out of the pages of a wolverine Comic.

Granted, the comic in question had Shingen being the father of silver Samurai ( I think) Kitty Pride was the damsel in distress... or so we were led to believe.
And Shingen was some sort of Demon powered Ninja master of the Hand. Who trains Kitty to become this assassin whom he unleashes on Wolverine.

james bond cant handle 100s of ninjas.

chuck norris can.

When chuck norris Trims his beard, and cuts himself, he bleeds Ninjas instead of blood.
He then fights those ninjas to the death, drawing the power of each ninja back into himself as he kills them in a style reminiscent to highlander.

Silver Samurai is he only actual super anything Logan fights. Everyone else is in a ninja boy band or an Uma Thurman wannabe.

If Viper had been the only villain with powers you would have hated that even more.

But...but...but... I wanted a movie that had zero connections to Wolverine. I went in expecting a generic action movie set in Japan and was disappointed to get a rich and compelling story about Logan that had MANY nods to the source material. :( :cuckoo:

But...but...but... I wanted a movie that had zero connections to Wolverine. I went in expecting a generic action movie set in Japan and was disappointed to get a rich and compelling story about Logan that had MANY nods to the source material. :( :cuckoo:
Sometimes a don't get your sarcasm so I think I agree with you. For someone to say the movie had nothing to do with the Wolverine character is actually quite laughable.

Hugh Jackman looks like he could handle himself in a fight. I blame the directors. None of the X-Men films have ever had decent fight choreography.

And the 'high light' fight in two of those flicks was with chicks. :lol

My favorite of his fights is with Shingen.

One thing that bothered me is that I thought Wolverine was supposed to be this great fighter. James Bond would've done a better job. James Bond with Wolverine's healing factor would be ****ing unstoppable.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

That would be a cool concept for the Bond movie series.

Sometimes a don't get your sarcasm so I think I agree with you. For someone to say the movie had nothing to do with the Wolverine character is actually quite laughable.

That was 100% sarcasm. :lol I loved Wolverine, moreso the uncut version. The small flaws, including the robo-Samurai which made sense for a modern Japanese twist and was easily more believable than an 8ft Asian in 2000lb armor, were non-issues. :lecture

So....basically you wanted a Jason Statham movie and not a Wolverine movie? Because taking out everything you've said you'd take out just makes it a completely different movie....

No, Im saying that if you replaced Wolverine with Jason, and took out the old guy, You would have a typical Jason Statham movie.

Besides Wolverine getting shot and curing himself, everything else to me felt like this could have been "The Transporter 4"
But Like I Said I am completely, 100% ignorant to the comic, so I am only judging the movie as a movie

this movie was not meant for wolverine...

this was supposed to be a chuck norris movie.

One thing that bothered me is that I thought Wolverine was supposed to be this great fighter. James Bond would've done a better job. James Bond with Wolverine's healing factor would be ****ing unstoppable.

Bingo! :lecture :exactly::exactly::exactly:

No, Im saying that if you replaced Wolverine with Jason, and took out the old guy, You would have a typical Jason Statham movie.

Besides Wolverine getting shot and curing himself, everything else to me felt like this could have been "The Transporter 4"
But Like I Said I am completely, 100% ignorant to the comic, so I am only judging the movie as a movie

Bingo! :lecture :exactly::exactly::exactly:
I don't mean for this to sound so harsh. If you're 100% ignorant of the comic why would you give your opinion if movie Wolverine is anything like comic Wolverine?

I don't mean for this to sound so harsh. If you're 100% ignorant of the comic why would you give your opinion if movie Wolverine is anything like comic Wolverine?

I guess it is like all those people that Hated Watchmen even thought it was one of the closest comic to movie movies out there. Or other stuff like that they are judging it as a movie,

I mean, This is a movie, and the movie did not bring the comic or anything as an extra, Also I don't feel like doing homework to a movie I really really hated. :dunno

as a movie it was pretty boring

Silver Samurai is nothing more than Stark level tech with an Asian design influence. In anything it's more plausible because it doesn't fly, have missiles, or open up like a transformer. It's a fancy hospital bed with a sword. It's best trick is the gene splicing to steal Logan's healing powers.

If the same design had been in an Iron Man movie nobody would say sh-t.

https://marvel.com/universe/Silver_Samurai

406px-Silver_samurai.jpg

I guess it is like all those people that Hated Watchmen even thought it was one of the closest comic to movie movies out there. Or other stuff like that they are judging it as a movie,

I mean, This is a movie, and the movie did not bring the comic or anything as an extra, Also I don't feel like doing homework to a movie I really really hated. :dunno

as a movie it was pretty boring

In as far as those who'd never read the comic...

picture.php

But if there was no Yashida in the Wolverine (and no Wolverine) he'd have never even left the woods and just have beaten up a bunch of hicks. ****ty movie.

Back