The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, here are the release dates of the DC Direct stuff:

JANUARY 2009
14th - Dr. Manhattan 1:6 Deluxe Figure
21st - Ozymandias Bust
21st - Rorschach Bust
28th - Action Figures, Wave 1: Rorschach, Nite Owl II, Silk Spectre II, Ozymandias

FEBRUARY 2009
4th - Comedian 1:6 Deluxe Figure
11th - Comedian Bust
11th - Dr. Manhattan Bust
18th - Rorschach Replica Mask & Gun
25th - Action Figures, Wave 2: The Comedian, Dr. Manhattan, Silk Spectre I, Nite Owl I

MARCH 2009
4th - Comedian Replica Guns & Dog Tags
4th - Owl Ship Scaled Replica
4th - Night Owl II Bust
4th - Silk Spectre II Bust
11th - Rorschach 1:6 Deluxe Figure

Limited Edition figure variants announced:

WATCHMEN MOVIE: THE COMEDIAN (FLASHBACK) ACTION FIGURE VARIANT

11220_a_full.jpg

This limited-edition variant action figure shows The Comedian in his younger glory days, as he is seen in flashbacks throughout the film!

THE COMEDIAN stands at 6.75" high and is LIMITED TO 5,000 PIECES!

Features multiple points of articulation and a base.

Packaged in a 4-color window box.

On Sale February 11, 2009

-----------------------------------

WATCHMEN MOVIE: DR.MANHATTAN (TRANSLUCENT) ACTION FIGURE VARIANT

11219_a_full.jpg

This limited-edition variant Dr. Manhattan action figure is translucent!

DR. MANHATTAN stands at 6.75" high and is LIMITED TO 5,000 PIECES!

On Sale February 26, 2009

-----------------------------------

WATCHMEN MOVIE: RORSCHACH (UNMASKED) ACTION FIGURE VARIANT

11221_a_full.jpg

This limited-edition variant Rorschach action figure features the character without his trademark mask!

RORSCHACH stands at 6.75" high and is LIMITED TO 5,000 PIECES!

On Sale March 11, 2009

Obviously they're not showing a pic of the unmasked Rorschach because of the Kovacs spoilers, and I'm sure that's also why he won't be released until after the film (same with the 1:6, which I now assume might have a Kovacs sculpt underneath the mask).

Also, the Owl Ship Scaled Replica has been pushed back to July 2009. :monkey2

Hot Toys officially announced that they're doing figures for THE SPIRIT. There can now be little doubt of WATCHMEN figures from them sometime next year.
:chew

I usually hate variants and avoid them save THE DEAD but I will get all three of those 6" WATCHMEN variants. I love the translucent Manhattan.

Hot Toys officially announced that they're doing figures for THE SPIRIT. There can now be little doubt of WATCHMEN figures from them sometime next year.
:chew

DC Direct does have a line of 13" Watchmen figures coming out. So wouldn't that mean that Hot Toys would be "prohibited" from doing something essentially the same?

DC Direct does have a line of 13" Watchmen figures coming out. So wouldn't that mean that Hot Toys would be "prohibited" from doing something essentially the same?

Nope. DC has licensed a lot of their stuff (like "The Dark Knight", as Darren said) to Hot Toys for the Asian market and in turn DC Direct has exclusive North American distribution for those products.

We will see WATCHMEN stuff from Hot Toys (and The Mike, myself and others will go very happily broke). :chew

We will see WATCHMEN stuff from Hot Toys (and The Mike, myself and others will go very happily broke). :chew

After seeing what Hot Toys can do with The Dark Knight stuff, I have faith they can do a really good Rorschach, and Dr.Manhatten. :joy

After seeing what Hot Toys can do with The Dark Knight stuff, I have faith they can do a really good Rorschach, and Dr.Manhatten. :joy

Dr. Manhatten is the figure I am worried about. Which version would they make? Suit? Speedo? Nude? :yuck

Though I suppose they could make one that could be all three, just keep taking his clothes off :lol

They'd probably cop-out and make the "speedo" version like everyone else, but I personally wouldn't have a problem with an anatomically-correct Manhattan figure from Sideshow... err, I mean HOT TOYS. Why not. It's who the character is.

Last edited:
Back