The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahah! And yes, I agree with Irish. I love the TDK line....but man, all you have is Joker and Batman.....you get more with Watchmen.

I would defintly buy Ror, The Comedian, and Dan The Nite Owl. Dr. Manhattan is an easy pass for me, it'll either look like DC's or it'll be made of Rubber....and I hates rubber.

I think Ror just needs 2 heads, masked and unmasked. Mabye make varients or something, pick the one you like the most.

I really dont like either of the DC Direct figures....Ror looks very boring, and I dont like the mask....Comedian looks eh. Same with everyone else.

New Toyfare out this week:

wizarduniverse_2028_1985823621

ToyFare #137 Watchmen Cover

It's one of the most anticipated comic adaptations of all time...and it's inspiring one of the most anticipated toy lines of all time!

We'll be talking to some of the talents behind Zack Snyder's new film, based (of course!) on the beloved Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons tome, Watchmen. We'll also chat up the team at DC Direct that's finally bringing the characters to shiny plastic and polystone toy- life! DC Direct's Watchmen figures to take aim on our cover this month!

The lawsuit won't stop the film's release, and Fox has no claim in Merchandising anyway.

Interestingly Fox are using Watchmen as leverage to finally release the Batman TV series from the 60's. As Fox owns the show but WB owns the characters and neither would sell or allow permission to the other.

And apparantly Moore and Gibbons were the one's who vetoed the anniversary figures based on the comic

Moore stopped the previous DC Direct figures (the first 3 of which were shown at a Toy Fair) by pitching a fit. At the time DC was hoping for reconciliation so they acquiesced. But things are much different now. I can see them making comic-based WATCHMEN items after they're done with the movie stuff. And since Gibbons now gets Moore's royalty checks I'm sure he'd be all for it.

I don't think Moore will ever be happy until he gets the rights to the characters, can't see that happened ever really. Guess it's the downside of creating a success

DC should have let him use the old Quality/Charlton characters and then there would be far less problems today lol.

I've ordered a full set of the smaller scale figures, an extra Dr. Manhattan and one 13" Dr. Manhattan. Then I can display them altogether with two little Dr. Manhattans and one big Dr. Manhattan since he does that sort of thing.

I wonder if they're going to make Dr. Manhattan accurate to the comics with respect to his choice of attire.

Interestingly Fox are using Watchmen as leverage to finally release the Batman TV series from the 60's. As Fox owns the show but WB owns the characters and neither would sell or allow permission to the other.

And apparantly Moore and Gibbons were the one's who vetoed the anniversary figures based on the comic

That might be a silver lining of the whole issue then!

That might be a silver lining of the whole issue then!

Fingers crossed, while not being the truest example of the character it's still a lot of fun. Plus the highlight of the movie's DVD release was Adam and Burt's commentary. Would love to see what they do for extra's

Don't think I'll be getting the figures for Watchmen personally (much as I love the story) the high end pieces are shaping up to be nice though. Was a bit dissapointed with the presentation of the Rorschach mask and grapple gun set though
B2109.jpg

Just the fact that the gun covers the mask is bad enough. Would it have killed them to raise it up a little higher

Fingers crossed, while not being the truest example of the character it's still a lot of fun. Plus the highlight of the movie's DVD release was Adam and Burt's commentary. Would love to see what they do for extra's

Don't think I'll be getting the figures for Watchmen personally (much as I love the story) the high end pieces are shaping up to be nice though. Was a bit dissapointed with the presentation of the Rorschach mask and grapple gun set though
B2109.jpg

Just the fact that the gun covers the mask is bad enough. Would it have killed them to raise it up a little higher

Im gonna wear it.

I'm still curious to see what NECA has planned. I know it can't be 7" or 12" action figures. Perhaps 18" figures or other props??

Back