The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The DC figures have been, and will be out soon....

Oh, I thought he meant the Hot Toys ones. My bad.

I'll probably pick up the DCD 7" Rorschach to hold me over for Hot Toys' version. Maybe the Comedian too. If I get any more, I'd probably get sucked into the line.

Were the Watchmen ever directly referred to as such in the book? I don't remember that at all.
Nope. And that wasn't their name at all.

They were called the minute men, yes inuendo blah blah. They even joke about it in the book.

Actually, The Minutemen only existed in the 1940's and after they disbanded there was no organized "team" until 1966, when Captain Metropolis called everyone to a meeting of what would be named "The Crimebusters" (this is obviously what's been changed to "Watchmen" in the movie). But The Comedian crashed it and shot them all down and that was that. There was never anything more than the one meeting.

So, no... they were not called "Watchmen" in the book. But they weren't even a team at all (except for Rorschach and Nite Owl in the 70's).

I can understand why they made the change for the movie, but I am going to miss the subtle genius of "Watchmen" only being used as reference to Juvenal's Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? instead of a direct name for the heroes in any way.

The Comedian figure looks passable, but Rorschach is laughable.

We will look up and shout save us Hot Toys

And they will whisper... yes.

Back