The Wastewalker - Post-Apocalyptic bash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VorghShayde

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
***//ACCESSING CLASSIFIED HYPERION FILES//***
***//PERMISSION GRANTED//***

SUBJECT LOCAL DESIGNATION: The Wastewalker
SUBJECT NAME: ???
SUBJECT HEIGHT: ???
SUBJECT WEIGHT: ???
SUBJECT HAIR COLOR: ???
SUBJECT EYE COLOR: ???
SUBJECT SPECIES: Human (CONFIRMED)

Very little facts are known about the man called the Wastewalker by the locals of Pandora. Rumors say that his family was one of the first to arrive on the initial pilgrimage to the wild and nearly uninhabitable planet. Nobody knows what he looks like underneath the worn and scarred mask, or even what his true voice sounds like. He is a man of few words, and when he does speak, it is masked by a vocal scrambler so that even a possible accent is disguised. It is known that he wanders the outskirts of the Pandorian settlements, taking various bounty board jobs as they become available. He has a knack for accepting assassination jobs, especially against high-ranking Bandit leaders. His true purpose for doing so is unknown, though some rumors circulate that he was once a member of a Bandit clan several years ago and that his lover was captured in a raid and that he has been looking for her ever since.

A master of camouflage, he can blend in almost seamlessly with most natural surroundings. He appears to be proficient with most weapon types, but prefers a specially modified Eridium sniper rifle for long range engagements, and Vladof assault rifles for medium range skirmishes. For close quarters and melee engagements, a heavy ax slung across his back makes short and bloody work of any enemies foolish enough to let him get close.

Video surveillance taken from a Hyperion facility records an attack by a masked and hooded figure wielding a large E-Tech powered rifle. The footage shows that the rifle is capable of multiple select-fire settings. Single shot, burst fire, fully automatic and sustained suppression have all been documented. The weapon does not appear to accept any known form of detachable magazine, but it is speculated that a compressed reserve of Eridium is somehow stored within the rifle, and requires time to recharge after extended use. The gun also sports a folding bipod and a center-mounted foregrip for added stability during fights that require that the Wastewalker remain mobile.

Beyond these few rudimentary details, little else is known at this time, though more information will be added to this datalog as it becomes available.

***//END OF ENTRY//***

Parts used:

-Hot Toys Truetype with modified wrist ball-joints and reinforced knee and elbow articulation.
-Modified HT Captain America gloved hands
-Newline Miniatures Leather Boots
-HT Perseus leg armor
-BBI 5.11 tactical khaki pants
-ACE TotS Navy Seal OD green duty belt and drop-leg holster
-BBI French Foreign Legion Bruno vest, pouches, groin protector
-ZCW USP Match Pistol
-Dragon? SIG SAUER P226 with custom extended mag
-Sideshow Zartan satchel and bracers
-21st Century Ax with custom-wrapped handle
-Boford M4CQBR with custom sling
-ACI Brown Hoodie
-Loading Toys Hot Mask (Green with Flames)
-Toyriffic OD Green balaclava
-Newline Revolver and Holster
-3A Ashley Wood WWR Punter Bot Sniper rifle. Chopped off 3 inches from the massive frame, melded back together, added custom foregrip, ACOG scope, and camo tape along the length. Also had to extensively file down and shave the grip to accommodate regular-sized closed grip hands. Custom paint/weathering. Added custom (removable) silencer.

I'm a sucker for huge sci-fi guns, and spent a long time trying to figure out what to do with a 14-inch long 3A Sniper rifle. While playing Borderlands 2, the idea came to me. I'd make a post-apocalyptic bounty hunter in the vein of Boba Fett. I wanted him to have a ton of weapons all over his body. I had a lot of fun putting this guy together. The rifle was the most time-consuming part of the whole project. I spent a lot of time painting and weathering the whole thing using pastel earth-tone chalks dipped in water to get good coverage. I really wanted him to look dirty. I used Sharpie paint pens to outline some of the details to give it a hand-drawn Borderlands-inspired look. I was influenced by both Borderlands and Ashley Wood's artwork for the figure.

I wish the realistic pictures turned out better, I really need a new camera and light setup. I hope you enjoy, and as always, feel free to give me your comments/critiques!

~Dan~

Cool. Fun stuff. Kinda Ashley Wood-ish, what with the big gun.

Back