The Walls of Helm’s Deep Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MAYBE Aragorn has just turned around from slashing the beserkers throat to face this new uruk, and that's why his arms out like that and why he has that expression, like he's just dealt with one, and....oh! There's another one! Maybe.

It's pretty hard for me, at least, to pass judgement on this one without getting a good look from multiple angles first. Aragorn's expression and posture, at least from the pic, make me hesitate to comment at this point. The Uruks look great, however. The first diorama was priced surprisingly lower than I expected and I hope that turns out to be the case with this one, as well. Need more pics soon!

Not entirely impressed with it. I'm sure Sideshow will have it on display at SDCC and I'll get to see it in person then. Think I might be passing on this one regardless.

Darth Loki said:
Aragorn's expression, or lack there of, completely ruins this enitire piece.

What a pity because I was excited about this.

The Uruk Hai look great! ..but what's with Aragorn:confused: He looks like he's at a McDonald's counter deciding whether to order a Big Mac or a 1/4 pounder:google Man, I hope some other angle's show more emotion and feeling than this one does, cause it'll be a pass for me otherwise. What a waste of a great Uruk Hai diorama.

woodsy said:
The Uruk Hai look great! ..but what's with Aragorn:confused: He looks like he's at a McDonald's counter deciding whether to order a Big Mac or a 1/4 pounder:google Man, I hope some other angle's show more emotion and feeling than this one does, cause it'll be a pass for me otherwise. What a waste of a great Uruk Hai diorama.

:rotfl

I have to agree about the rather blase' look on Aragorn. He's the central figure in the piece and he's void of any emotion (at least from that angle...)

The rest of the dio that can be made out does look amazing. The Uruks look fantastic.

My main problem with the dio is the event depicted itself. As heroic as Aragorn was at this battle, I'm just not sure I want "this" moment in time captured and displayed. I think there are others from the battle that would have had greater visual impact for me.

Vote for which Helm's Deep expression should have been chosen for this diorama:

twotowersextd21kv3.jpg

twotowersextd22za2.jpg

twotowersextd25wa3.jpg

twotowersextd26xs2.jpg

twotowersextd28dv0.jpg

twotowersextd212dd9.jpg

Unfortunately, when he is actually on the walls fighting, there really aren't any nice closeups. Just a lot of quick qutting and action shots.

tomandshell said:
Unfortunately, when he is actually on the walls fighting, there really aren't any nice closeups. Just a lot of quick qutting and action shots.

Glad you put these up because none of the expressions are quite good. So maybe the diorama is spot on, eh?

FlyAndFight said:
You left out these honorary candidates, Tom... ;)

1a.

2a.

3a.

I must say all 3 of these are superior to the Aragorn on valium look SS decided to go with, but for me the 1st one is clearly the best. :D

wookilar8 said:
I missed the whole WETA/SIDESHOW boat so I'm glad this line is coming out. From what I see so far, it looks like a definite winner.:clap :woo :aragorn :uruk-hai

I feel for you having missed the SSW lines. You go for it! This looks good to me.

Back