The Walls of Helm’s Deep Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
like the sentinel dio #1.........could be the 1st part of a trilogy of hel's deep dios :D

next one could have legolas shield surfing with 2 uruks at bottom of stair with arrows in them

and the third is gimli chopping 3 uruks with his axe just along the battlement from aragorn

so sad I have to pass on this one.

reason: I am broke!!! :crying :crying :crying :crying

why does it has to be SO expensive! the retail of the HUGE Daddy rog is only 300USD?? Is this really very big?? Nonetheless...

As writen in CoH, "... and that grief (for not getting this) was graven on my face and never faded."

Karma said:
looks like no exclusive for this piece

If ever a piece needed an exclusive, this might just be the one. A second head for Aragorn [with some emotion along the lines of the numenorean bust] would have been nice. Not sure if I want to pay $300 for an "Aragorn Ordering a Cup of Coffee at the Walls of Helm's Deep" diorama. Having seen this from various different angles now, still hasn't changed the Aragorn on valium look....unfortunately :rolleyes:

Another pricey piece! :google I think Aragorn's noggin is huge, really disporportional to the body. He should be the one falling over because his body is too small to support such a huge head. Anyway, the "diorama" looks a little bare. Where are the bases? Sorry for the complaints. I think the uruks are nicely done. And, is it 1/6? Seems too small for such an expensive piece and great part of the trilogy. A little disappointed.

Each of the sculpts are 9", which puts them at 1/9 scale. Still, this dio boasts an 11" x 11" by 14" footprint, which makes it as big as the Mumak display. A 9" Strider no less. Still, with no exclusive, I may wait for it to hit retailers for a bigger discount, or even Evilbay . . . I'll have to see how imposing it looks when I see it in person at SDCC. And I did say "when" not "if" -- hear me Sideshow?? :lol

Fireside has it up for 255. And if this does end up being the first piece in a series, people might look back at this and kick themselves.

jlcmsu said:
I went the opposite I had to get this and pass on the speeder.

Same here. The speeder bike is very nice but I don't feel I need to own it.

And this diorama turned out to be quite a bit more expensive than I expected! Flexpay and the fact it won't start billing until October allowed me to talk myself into it. If the figures are 9" then this should be a quite large and impressive display. I like the idea of having additional pieces to create a larger diorama, but I wonder if that's what SSC really had in mind. Would be very cool, tho.

Hey, where the heck is that Gandalf the White announcement already??? :horse

LOTRFan said:
Love the Uruks, but the face isn't quite what I think it should be; not to mention the ladder being without any environment on the base. :confused:

Agree - wouldnt this look more "complete", and "richer" if it were on a base.

Orcs look good though! Gonna pass thougg, maybe get it on the bay later, for 150!

I love the dios so far. The $300 pricemark is what we get for having to pay less than $100 for the 1st one.:lol

Morgan the Raider said:
I have the first diorama on order, but this one just isn't worth $300. I like it well enough, but like I said, not for $300.

Yeah - who wants that when you can get a WETA gimli!

*hint: Theres one in the sell/trade area RIGHT NOW!! Quickly now...*

:D

Back