Action Figure The Walking Dead - McFarlane Toys - 7" Color Tops Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got a better look at Mcfarlane's Walking Dead stuff at Toy Fair thanks to the Toyark, and there's also a bit of interesting news. Sounds like Mcfarlane is going to listen to fans and add more articulation to the 7" figures. That makes me much more interested in the color tops line; only problem being all the character I am most interested in have already been released or are set to release with limited articulation.

https://news.toyark.com/2017/02/19/toy-fair-2017-mcfarlane-toys-figures-replicas-243430

We got a better look at Mcfarlane's Walking Dead stuff at Toy Fair thanks to the Toyark, and there's also a bit of interesting news. Sounds like Mcfarlane is going to listen to fans and add more articulation to the 7" figures. That makes me much more interested in the color tops line; only problem being all the character I am most interested in have already been released or are set to release with limited articulation.

https://news.toyark.com/2017/02/19/toy-fair-2017-mcfarlane-toys-figures-replicas-243430

Exactly. I know some might not like this, but I say make updated versions with different costumes. Give us Rick in his bomber jacket, Daryl without the vest and the new crossbow, and Michonne in...something else. New articulation and boom, I'm completely happy with the line. I wonder if Jesus is gonna have the new articulation (sounds like it's too late for Negan and Dwight?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Odd Jesus was announced before Carl yet we're seeing finished Carl figures now and Jesus is MIA. Hopefully they changed from the stupid surrendering pose they had him in and give him something more action-y.

I believe Jesus was scrapped. It was not shown at Toy Fair and has been removed from their website.

Hopefully just a temporary scrap if that is true. The pose was just lame. He should be fighting, not surrendering. Now I'm afraid with their Dwight at Toy Fair they are going to up the amount of articulation but not give the figures any decent possible poses with it. Dwight won't be able to hold that crossbow like the 5" Daryls never were able to hold it correctly. At least the pre-posed color top Daryl had a good crossbow pose. I'd rather have the limited statue posed articulation than useless articulation in neutral poses. Keep the 7" line statue like and bring back the 5" in full and keep adding articulation to those.

Not sure if it's just that nobody really cares about these or if my TRU is among the first places to get it, but I found Carl! I've been checking for GOTG figures everyday but I decided to just look in the collector section and there he was. I hadn't seen any on eBay or any sightings so I wasn't expecting to find it. It looks really nice overall, but it seemed like they all had some degree of paint chipping on the shirt's flannel pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to pick up Carl today by using in-store pick up. Went there earlier in the day and he wasn't out on the shelves but he was available on-line for in store pick up. Sure enough, it worked. Still no Carl on the shelves though when I left :lol

The face paint is very nice, but yeah, for some reason that flannel isn't consistent. Luckily he's got that poncho to cover it all up. He turned out quite nice, perhaps the best in the line so far. He was listed as 'spring' at Toy Fair so I'm wondering how soon till "summer" for Negan? Odd we've got fully sculpted Negan pics but Jesus never went that far and Dwight wasn't even a colored digital sculpt at Toy Fair. So odd that the actual figures in this line don't typically get seen until they're shipping. I'm hoping Jesus makes a surprise come back because Summer is a looong time for no new figures in this already dragging line.

I did see that Madison, Travis, Rick, and Michonne are on clearance at TRU. Not Daryl (sold out) or Abraham yet. Not a good sign. My Target never got anything past Travis. I think I'm the only one that bought anything from them (one Rick and Michonne when they first hit).

Re: The Walking Dead - McFarlane Toys - 7" Color Tops Collection

So I saw Carl today. I'm not collecting the line but the precision on the face paint got me. Definitely caught my eye. And I got closer and looked - he's using that dot matrix print tech that Tamashii is using with their movie figures, or something similar to that. Impressive work, no doubt!

Dwight
MCF14472.jpg

Sweet! 10 inch is up for order at bbts. Going to wait until it hits in stock and pick that up at my local TRU.

Got my Coral today. He is sold out or has an inflated price pretty much everywhere online but I managed to find him on a site called Boxlunch at a price close to normal retail.

He is a really nice figure. I am not crazy about the stance he is in but the paint apps and likeness to the character are excellent.

He doesn't come with a weapon so I gave him a spare shotgun from another figure. His hands are rough looking but they hold it pretty well.

IMG_2079.jpg

IMG_2080.jpg

IMG_2081.jpg

IMG_2084.jpg

Maybe I should give him some better firepower... state of the art, bang bang.

IMG_2072.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

Naaa, too much gun. Gave him back the shotgun and put him in my diorama.

IMG_2086.jpg

IMG_2089.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg

Back