The waitlist is GREAT!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

I posted a comment on Sideshows website asking why people who have been on wait lists more recently have got items before people who signed up MUCH earlier, and whether they think this is fair. That was a week ago and the post is still 'awaiting moderation' or whatever.

wait list sucks

This confirms that there is something not clear at all in their wait list system.
BTW, they claim they don't have any Gimli statue left, but the wait list is still available for it...

Re: /

I sure hope they can fix that wait list. I think SSW has good intentions, but it really is messed up.

Like I said before, you cannot always believe the Web Site. Maybe it is not updated enough, such as posting edition sizes and taking down wait lists that are closed out.

Re: /

Escape off the road has deffo gone, despite the waitlist notice :poke :bang

TC :bonk :eye :bonk

I do hope that they reply to you FE. As Ive had a waiting list request in for the Gimli statue as soon as it was sold out and still Ive heard nothing :bang :bang

Ive since put my name down for the Green Goblin Statue last week and my names come up for a cancelled/declined order :dunno

I do hope that they reply to you FE. As Ive had a waiting list request in for the Gimli statue as soon as it was sold out and still Ive heard nothing :bang

I think I can address a couple of things here for you:

First off, the "leave-a-comment" feature on the homepage is not for customer service questions, so any questions will most likely not get approved for posting. Sideshow does not intend this "leave-a-comment" to become a Q&A format - more of a place for collectors to leave their opinions, be they good or bad as long as they are on topic :) Please continue to use the customer service request form or call the office during business hours with questions. Click to this page and scroll down the "leave-a-comment" for more info on why some comments may not be getting approved - www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-b...ce=wp_news

Secondly, due to some confusion we have witnessed in regards to the switch from the old wait list system to the new one, we have gathered some of the most frequently asked questions regarding wait lists into one page, which was sent out in this week's newsletter. We intended this to be a more succinct way to get everyone's questions answered, rather than try to address them on the message boards. Hopefully this FAQ can answer some of your questions - www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-b...081205news

As always please feel free to use the customer service request form or call the office if you feel you need more explanation. :toast

Thank you for your answer, but unfortunately, the FAQ is for general questions...
It doesn't explain me how Sideshow people manage their stock and why they cancel a order placed.
I am fed up with Sideshow considering europeen customers as low-class customers.
I am sure an american guy would have got his Gimli statue (or free shipping offer or discount coupons)

Sounds more like the real problem here, is that us Europeans lack the ability of telephone contact. Of course, we could call the US, but that is a costly thing compared to calling to a number in Europe.

an orc warrior i got offered on the list i lost the same way fanatykk & it does suck but @#%$ happens,

I came across an online vendor with Escape Off the Road plaques in stock. To prevent lurkers from getting them, PM me if you're interested.

Re: the wait list sucks

I sent a mail to the customers service 2 days ago. I really hope they will answer me (but I think they don't care)... :(

Re: the wait list sucks

Yeah, when I tried to order the Escape plaque Friday it told me it was out of stock. That is kind of bad that they are telling a few that they are getting Gimli's & then saying that they made a mistake. I would probably be pretty ticked.

:gandalf :balrog :gandalf2

I still have no answer to my mail.
I am glad to see how they consider Europeen customers.
:lol

The office has been closed for the weekend for the past 2 days. It is just now 9:45 in the morning on Monday, so I'm sure Customer Service will be responding to your request in due time - you can usually expect a response within 2-3 working days (Mon-Fri 9-6 Pacific time) unless there is a large backlog due to an major event such as Comic Con last month :toast

Fanatykk, whist I understand your dissapointment,I would have been too, you stated yourself you only sent them an email 2 days ago, it is now Monday so you sent it at the weekend.
At least give them a chance to respond to you.I'm sure they will.

Shell
x
:toast :gimli

Re: Wait List Issues

I have been reading that one of the board members, fanatykk, has had an issue with our Wait List system. First of all, I would like to say that our Wait List system is NOT perfect. This is why we have made some recent improvements to the system. Also, I would like to stress that the wait list system is NOT a guaranteed method of obtaining sold out products but it is a service that we provide to place product with collectors whenever possible. The only way to guarantee obtaining your piece is to pre-order or purchase the item prior to its edition selling through.

Our Customer Service Department is always responsive to helping collectors with issues that they may have. However, collectors must remember that our CS Department is only open Monday through Friday. Thus any calls and e-mails sent over the weekend, will obviously not be responded to until the next business day, which is Monday.

We have worked very hard to service our EU customers, whether it is negotiating more economical shipping rates and different carriers, hosting special EU only contests, creating an EU Home page as well as a EU warehouse section of our newsletter. To imply that all of our EU customers are being treated unfairly based upon one collector's single purchasing experience is a bit unfair and assuming.

While our Wait List System has helped many collectors obtain pieces that they have waited for, sometimes we do experience clerical or inventory errors. In fanatykk's case, there obviously was an inventory error which allowed us to believe we had more pieces available than we actaully did. In this case, the collector orders were filled in order of wait list sign up and the five remaining collectors' were contacted and informed that we could not honor their wait list order. We have manually recounted some of our wait list items, so that cases like this will be few and far between. We extend our apologies to those few collectors who we were not able to assist.

As always, I stress that if any collector needs assistance they should contact us directly. Please do not post complaints to the boards, then become upset if Customer Service does not post directly, if at all. You can contact the CS Department at (800) 474-3747 in the U.S. Outside of the US (805) 418-1940. If you are an international client and do not want the expense of calling, then e-mail us and supply us with a direct number, time to reach you and the issue you need help with and we will call you.

We look forward to assist you!

Best Regards,
Chicky
Sideshow Collectibles

:bliss

Re: Wait List Issues

I think it's fair to say that everyone here loves this emoticon! :bliss

One thing that puzzles me is how do Gimlis, for example, suddenly become available? I can understand some of the recent releases that have just been sold out becoming available as a result of cancellations but statues such as Saruman and Gimli don't fall into this category.

I think some people in the past have suggested that they have been found in the warehouse but I would have found this to be unlikely.

Where do they come from?

Back