The waitlist is GREAT!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the response to my question Dusty. I agree with your no harm done policy, and do think the wait list does offer a great oppurtunity to collect sold out pieces.

But my concern is that often times when a individuals sees a wait list item open, they get a sense of false hope, thinking I bet over 100 people must have signed up now, why isn't it closed yet.

Also, I bet you guys have problems with the list when multiple submissions from the same person is received for the same item.

I know you mentioned the quirks are being worked and I have high hopes it becomes more efficient.

Thanks again.

P.S. Another idea I had mentioned before which I would like to convey is that I think it's time that Sideshow starts a rewards program for purchases directly from Sideshow. For example, 1 pt for each $1 spent, and then having a rewards or discount program, I think that would help Sideshow.

Chicky Said:
The older lists are being contacted first however we have had a large amount of bounces due to the age of the e-mails on this list.

I know this was posted a while ago, but I just saw it. In 2004 I closed my dialup internet account and now have High-speed internet. What will happen to my "OLD" wait lists for the early FOTR pieces when my [email protected] bounces??? Aren't wait lists tied to email AND account? It is a shame I will miss out on a statue because I upgraded to high-speed internet. Any chance you can change the email address to my current email on my account for those OLD lists I am on with my old email? Appreciate a reply, and others in my situation my appreciate this too. Shouldn't be that many people with this problem.

(PS - It is safe to post my old email, cause, it is dead mailbox).

:peace

Warehouses...

Hi,

I've just read through every post in this thread and I have a solution...

Thinking beyond a SSF or anyone receiving walt lists etc...

As a warehouse manager, we are obliged to have stock takes each year. Now I'm not talking tin pot company, 5000 lines of product in 5 warehouses.

We do this and get our stock levels correct, update the system of any errors and we know that from that date our stock is correct. We also move any lost product back to it's correct home so it is in the right place.

Recently we installed a barcoding system, which didn't cost too much and to be honest a monkey could use and now we are 99% accurate in our stock levels, (unknown breakages / loss / theft etc), and we know where everything is, not only that but it's made us about 30% more efficient.

Surely a company of SS's size should have some systems in place, even if it's not barcoding. If not and it is as it sounds a bit of a guess surely the warehouse manager isn't doing his job...

It must be hard to loose a RWOS box for example...

Just my 2 pence worth...

:banana

:peace

Last edited:
Keep my waitlist open, Dusty. I find absolutely nothing wrong with signing up for a sold out item incase one becomes available.

On one occassion I was able to obtain an item (Eomer Helm) from ebay and then weeks later was contacted by SS that the same waitlist item had become available. I cancelled the order and no harm done. On another occassion, I was surprised to hear from SS that they had a Rohirrim Bust available and I quickly replied "yes, I want it" and received it in perfect shape.

I don't see it as hopes crushed, as I honestly don't expect most, if not all of my wait list item orders to be fulfilled. I certainly am pleasantly surprised when one does come through. That's how I see it.

By the way, fantastic idea regarding the bar-coding, GrishnakhMan!

Back