The waitlist is GREAT!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my waitlist offer for a Cave Troll at retail ($300). With the amount of statues that are coming out though, I think I will pass.

Re: re

I personally wouldn't pass on the Escape Plaque it is truly the best of the bunch, glad I have one. :banana

Lee- I'm with LOTR Fan. Do not pass on the Escape Plaque! Not unless you can find it cheaper, which is getting tough these days... It is a GREAT piece.

Another voice to praise the Escape plaque. You will regret it.
Sent you a PM.

Recent wait lists

Just a heads up, that most of these wait lists are being recalled in Europe from stock discovered during a hand count of the EU warehouse. Of those lists there were Escape plaques, cave troll busts, Gollum busts, Arwen statues, eleven infantry busts, Ringwraith on Steeds, and Samaritans. Please note that there were only a few of each found and obviously not everyone on the wait list was recalled, only those from the EU.

Best,
Chicky

us wait lists

han solo ex, Gollum 3/4 bust, golden hall, weathertop, flight from isengard plaque. These collectibles have only had a few items per recalled. The older lists are being contacted first however we have had a large amount of bounces due to the age of the e-mails on this list.

Best,
Chicky

Re: us wait lists

Arwen statue?!?!? I'm on wailist fer her too :bow :thud :bow :thud

TC :bonk :eye :bonk

Re: us wait lists

*sigh*

Well, I have mixed emotions with the new waitlist set-up. It is rather obvious that names placed on the newer waitlists are getting items before the people from the older ones. I was on the RWOS & Gimli waitlists within hours before they went on sale. In the case of the RWOS, I remember that at one point it sold out, I put my name down on the waitlist the same day, then it went back up for sale on the website. Unfortunately, I didn't catch it during the short time period that it went back on sale, and I never heard anything from the waitlist. By the time I heard that it was available, it was of course, sold out again. So, I placed my name on the waitlist again, just in case. Dummy me, I didn't place my name on the waitlist for the RWOS when the new system started up, thinking that my old one would be good enough. I'm willing to bet that those select few who won Gimli's & RWOS's were on the new system.

On the other hand, I have to say luck was with me the other day. I came up for a Han Solo Exclusive. Yay!!! This was one that I missed because of newsletter issues at the time, and not being aware that it was on sale. I put my name down using the old format. Then, as soon as the system was changed over, I placed my name on it again. Guess what...when my name came up for it, it came up using the new system. I feel that I have been burned with some of the older LOTR waitlists, but the new one sure came through for me with Han.

In conclusion, the waitlists aren't perfect. If they were, the same people (some boardmembers included) wouldn't be getting items they already purchased that end up on ebay. I do have a feeling that we will be seeing a few of the older items trickle in as the line comes to an end. It just makes sense that the inventories need to be cleaned up with the seperation of SS & Weta.

Seion

Ok instead of starting a new thread I found this one which kind of deals with my question regarding the wait list.

I just saw the Sideshow Exclusive Luke say:

"The Wait List for the Luke Skywalker Excluisve figure has reached its capacity and has been closed."

Ok, then what about the old LOTR pieces, why does Sideshow continue to have the wait list up? I mean is there a stockpile hidden somewhere that needs to be inspected?

Seriously, I have brought this up before with them during the chats, why do they continue to take wait lists for sold out item, when the might have only 1 or 2 pieces left in stock for it?

I mean if they can stop taking Luke Exclusive waitlists, they can definitely stop some of the old LOTR pieces, I was on some of those wait lists from like 2001/2002 - and I still the same products with their wait list open.

Strange.

ju421019 said:
Ok instead of starting a new thread I found this one which kind of deals with my question regarding the wait list.

I just saw the Sideshow Exclusive Luke say:

"The Wait List for the Luke Skywalker Excluisve figure has reached its capacity and has been closed."

Ok, then what about the old LOTR pieces, why does Sideshow continue to have the wait list up? I mean is there a stockpile hidden somewhere that needs to be inspected?

Seriously, I have brought this up before with them during the chats, why do they continue to take wait lists for sold out item, when the might have only 1 or 2 pieces left in stock for it?

I mean if they can stop taking Luke Exclusive waitlists, they can definitely stop some of the old LOTR pieces, I was on some of those wait lists from like 2001/2002 - and I still the same products with their wait list open.

Strange.

Have no fear, we are working on doing this for the older items - we have heard the requests. But basically, whether open OR closed, waitlists do nothing except benefit you as a collector. If you put your name on it and don't get the item, there's no harm done - it's not like we're doing something nefarious behind the scenes with the names on the waitlist :p. And if you DO get it, well that's great news! So we still suggest signing up for waitlists - there's really nothing at all to lose, and you may just be pleasantly surprised one day :peace

I don't know about that bro. I signed up for a wait list item one day. And when I got a mail, telling me that there was an item available, I answered to this mail only 3 to 4 hours later, stating that I wanted the item. Usually you have up to 3 days to accept or deny such a mail. Guess what. Next day I got a mail telling me that it was already to late, and that the item was gone. Get real man! I replied to that mail only about 3 or 4 hours after I received it!! No harm done? First i get a confirmation on a wait list item, and then I get turned down. I am very sure, you have a plausible way the explaining this.

Last edited:
Alice Adrenochrome said:
I don't know about that bro. I signed up for a wait list item one day. And when I got a mail, telling me that there was an item available, I answered to this mail only 3 to 4 hours later, stating that I wanted the item. Usually you have up to 3 days to accept or deny such a mail. Guess what. Next day I got a mail telling me that it was already to late, and that the item was gone. Get real man! I replied to that mail only about 3 or 4 hours after I received it!! No harm done? First i get a confirmation on a wait list item, and then I get turned down. I am very sure, you have a plausible way the explaining this.

First, I'm not a man :p But that's fine, it's hard to tell over the internet :D

Secondly, I'm not sure if your wailist was from a NEW waitlisted product, or from our old style of doing waitlists. With our new policy, you have 3 days to *decline* the waitlist reservation, after which the W automatically converts to an order. So I'm assuming that yours was on the old system, which was ENTIRELY manual and was prone to mistakes of various types. This is why we switched to the new method.

Also, that may have been one of the few times that our hand count was off for the product, and the mistake wasn't caught until after the emails had been sent out. In that case, there is *no excuse*, plausible or otherwise - there is just a *sincere* apology issued by Sideshow to you. We get so excited to think that we may be able to provide a sold-out figure to someone who really wants it (and I'm not kidding, whether you believe me or not - there IS a sense of excitement when we are able to fulfull waitlist reservations), that we occasionally jump the gun on the waitlist emails. If that occurs, the only thing to be done is apologize for our mistake, a mistake which is NEVER made for any nefarious purpose, no matter what the corporate conspiracists would have you believe. ;) Why would we want to do that to our customers on purpose??

To this end, I still stand by my "no harm done" philosophy - you were not charged for the item, you were not guaranteed the item - yes, the mistake was on our end, but you did not pay for it in anything other than disappointment at still not having an item that you didn't have to begin with. It's not like it was sent to you, and then a couple days later Customer Service calls and says, oh I'm sorry that was a mistake, can you please send it back? :)

I understand people's frustration with the wait list, but to that I say, isn't it better to offer it than to not? I mean, honestly? If enough people said the wait list is silly and why even offer it, I'm sure that we'd think about doing away with it. But to me, it seems the only fair way to handle it, which is why we have listened and upgraded from our old system to a more efficient and automated process :dunno

:duff

Last edited:
Back