The waitlist is GREAT!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anybody heard anything in regards to Saruman?

A number of Saruman's were sent off the wait list a few months back I doubt we'll see any more but with a Gimli appearing this late in the day who knows?

I just wanted to say I got a confirmation for a Gimli statue too (I was on the wait list)
Thanks a lot Sideshow. I am so impatient to get it in hands. I hope it won't take months for shipping it...

It is great people are getting long sold out statues off of wait lists. But, I have always thought the SSW Wait list is like a lottery. It seems that many people have signed up for a wait list for an item months or years ago and hear nothing at all and then somebody just signs up and gets the statue. Did SSW dump all of the old wait lists when they integrated the ordering into the web system (The Wxxxx orders)? I can see how frustrating it can be. I have personally had hideous success with wait list. I put my name on wait lists for Fell Beast and Newborn Uruk within HOURS of it going to SOLD OUT and I got diddly. Hey, it is frustrating! :bang

Seems like you're right Davey... I signed up for the Gimli waitlist about three or four weeks ago...

Congrats on getting Gimli! I'm glad you had better luck than me.

I have to say, this is really frustrating news. I have had all kinds of problems with getting this piece. I have been on the wait list since it originally sold out. I ordered one from a retailer several months ago, which ended up costing me over $400. The seller didn't come through, and I didn't get any money back. I asked for help from SS with the situation, and they told me that unfortunately they didn't have any Gimli pieces left anywhere. They took the retailers name and told me they couldn't really do anything about the situation, but they would not be selling to this dearler in the future. I looked up his site a couple of weeks ago, and now he's a SS affiliate. I wish some of these mysterious pieces had appeared when I could have reclaimed my money and had the opportunity to deal with SS.

Seion

That really sucks Seion. I think there is good proof that the Wait List system is not fair. What ever happened to first in line gets an offer? The fact that they told you they had no Gimli for you and then people start getting them is not right, you should contact them on this.

I hope that the new Wait List "Ordering" is a more fair system to all.

It looks as though someone at Sideshow has been reading the threads????? They have an article of how the new Wait List works now on their site.

Wow, I saw that too! Nothing I read in the wait list description for new system or old system addresses the fairness factor. It is clearly stated that:

If you have already placed yourself on our wait list for an older product using the Wait List Form method, then we will continue to recall those wait lists through the procedure explained here.

That means that people who signed up for items long ago for an item using the then existing "old form method" are still on the wait lists. It is implied but not directly stated that those on the old system list are FIRST in line before those on the new system. But this is not happening, as evidence here in this thread.

Also, in the old method this is stated:

When your name is added to a waiting list, you will be sent an automatic confirmation that your request has been received and logged. Due to the number of requests that we receive, we do not verify your place on the list or update people on their status.

Interesting that with some of my wait list requests, I never received AUTOMATIC CONFIRMATION. So it is possible, I put my name on a wait list for Fell Beast and Newborn Uruk hours after they sold out, and my name was never added to the list because I did no get the confirmation. If so, this is negligence on the part of SSW.

I can understand why people who put in a wait list request a year or more ago for an item and never receive an offer are extremely pissed off when someone newly signs up and gets one.

The wait list is broken, it is not fair, it is a lottery system. Might as well put "lottery" in that description SSW.

This is frustrating for someone like me who never had a LOTR item off of a wait list. This is a sensitive topic for me because I never received Fell Beast off wait list and had to pay triple for it on ebay. Newborn is another, it is still available for wait list reservation, and yet my request I sent in I am not kidding, probably one hour after it "SOLD OUT", never fulfilled. End Rant. :bang

The 2 older pieces that I am on a wait list for I have yet to here anything. But I did recieve a King of the Dead & a Pippen off of the Wait List....but then again they are both now up for 2ND Chance Offers.

That does not count. :lol

The only wait list I ever got was for Regular Sideshow Luke (not SDCC) and I passed because it doesn't do much for me. I have never had LOTR wait list fulfulled ever.

I know my comments are critical, but I always speak my mind whether positive or negative. I must say that I think the new wait list system is a step in the right direction, we will see.

ok, I've been following this thread and feel the need to contribute, however others will see it is up to them. The waitlist is a good thing. No, everyone on it will not get what they want out of it. I'm on 4 lists, will probably not see a thing, but that's too bad for me.

Next, no one is forced to go to ebay, another board member or wherever to buy a piece that is sold out at an inflated price. If that piece was so important, why didn't you order it in the first place?

Personally, I will not pay the prices that some pieces are now going for. It's a lump of polystone! Granted a very nice lump, but I refuse to go into debt for this stuff. I buy what I can comfortably afford, when I can afford it. If that means missing ordering something and I put my name on a waitlist, then I can only hope it comes up when the time is more right for me personally.

I don't know how they select the recipients off the waitlist, but I'm sure that they are doing the very best they can to get the oldest names first. Maybe not, I don't know. I do know that every name on that list wants that item. If I am lucky enough to have my name drawn out of it, then good for me. But, I never expect to see it happen. My luck just doesn't work that way.

Bottom line is, if you really know you want something, order it! Don't wait for it to sellout and then hope you can score it off the waitlist. That is always a gamble and not one that I personally place a lot of faith in that I will get what I want there.

Daveyjaro...I agree that the Wait List that I have recently gotten turned into an order does not count. But it was a wait list order that turned into an order.

Beruthiel1.....I personally would have ordered all of the pieces if I had known about these items ahead of time. The first 2 pieces that I had recieved were Gandalf the White bust & a Legolas bust. From there, I decided to go the route of the busts. Collecting the "good" side, it did not take long to accumulate every bust, topped off with the Rohhirm lately. I started on the statues about a year & a half ago. I started late and by that time all of the Fellowship were mainly sold out & going for a pretty good price on ebay. In do time I will have all of the pieces that I want and I will pay more than I would like.

:balrog :gandalf

The waitlist does seem to be more of a lottery that a wait list. Its like going to the bar to get a beer and the guy behind you being served first! I can totally understand people being a bit angry at the way it seems to work. It seems like some people are being allowed to jump the queue.:bang

Next, no one is forced to go to ebay, another board member or wherever to buy a piece that is sold out at an inflated price. If that piece was so important, why didn't you order it in the first place?

For me, I never go on a wait list for an item I could have ordered and gotten direct from SSW. For many of the FOTR pieces, I came on late and missed the Moria Orc Statues, UHSS, etc and probably will never get unless I strike it rich. Second, specifically to the Fell Beast, I did want it and could not order it because I was unemployed in December 2003 when it sold out. I was lucky I even got my Wiki for $150 then. Then, of course, I was on vacation the week Newborn Uruk Sold out (I think that is how long it was available). As to being forced to go to ebay, true, nobody forces you but many feel compelled to go that route when the wait lists yield nothing. As I said, I signed up for almost every wait list for LOTR items I don't have now, and I have never received an offer.

You also made a comment that everybody on the wait list wants them. Haha!!! Remember SF Morgul_Blade bragging about scoring all of these wait lists and then selling them on ebay! Yeah, he wanted it, to make a buck! :thwak

It is kind of sad that one would buy the items just to turn around & make a profit off of a collector. I know that that's buisness. But those are the kind of people that are driving the prices up, along with the people like me who are paying those prices. Well to each their own.

Consider this. Weta specalizes in FX, so no doubt they keep molding silicone and supplies on hand and their sculptors created these pieces. Does anyone actually think that they don't have the molds for these to cast them up for friends or friends of friends? Even to make 5-10 copies of a daddy rog in a day and destroy the mold would be no sweat for them. :naughty

Well, partly out of curiosity, and partly b'cos I want one, I've put myself on the shiny new Waitlist fer a Golden Hall :poke :bliss :drool

It'll be interseting to see where this goes :dunno :dunno :dunno

TC :bonk :eye :bonk

Back