The Unofficial Custom Takara Batman Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Questions regarding Takara's Batman Begins Figure

Honestly the Takara head looks more like Bale than the HT does imo.

Ummm... no.

batman_photos_bale2.jpg

Picture168.jpg

hot+toys+christian+bale+figure+2.jpg

i think it looks like teenage Bale :lol

but after I get done with it, he'll be up to par with HT :rock

Ummm... no.

batman_photos_bale2.jpg

Picture168.jpg

hot+toys+christian+bale+figure+2.jpg

Sure it does. If the HT head hadn't come with the batman figure, I wouldn't know who the fk it is. It resembles christian bale if I take my contacts out........maybe.

I can at least tell who the Takara head is. It's not the greatest, but I can tell who it is.

Sorry I don't see it.

I think it need a decent repaint to see takara bruce assemble bale.

It would need a repaint probably to bring out the full sculpt.

I don't see Bale at all in the HT. I see his scar, an attempt at his mouth and hair, but as a whole I see some random dude.

Odd, personally, I do find Bale in the HT sculpt more than in Takara's (then again, I'm basing the Takara comment on the pics)

_DSC2049.jpg

_DSC2046.jpg

From the TDK version:

_DSC1998.jpg

_DSC2001.jpg

People can argue about which sculpt resembles Bale more - but I think it's pretty clear, without any repaints or modifications, that the HT sculpt looks like a real person, while the Takara sculpt looks like a toy.

People can argue about which sculpt resembles Bale more - but I think it's pretty clear, without any repaints or modifications, that the HT sculpt looks like a real person, while the Takara sculpt looks like a toy.

may look like a real person, but it doesn't look a thing like Bale.

True that. Takara Bats has its own strengths, but the Bale head isn't among them. It'll look good as an animated Bruce Wayne, but that's about it. When I get the Takara version, I'll slap on the extra HT Bale head there :)

HT concentrate too much on the facial details which make it like nobody. I felt that batman figure like medicom TDK and Takara BB is a great piece but poor paintjob. whereas HT paintjob is brillant. but they didnt pay much attention on the suit details and assembleness. Like the DX TDK, is their 2nd attempt in TDK suit and also is after medicom tdk release close to 6 months.

but attention to facial details is what makes a sculpt accurate. or did i misinterpret your post?

give attention to facial detail will make the sculpt accurate. but give too much attetion will make the sculpt look like nobody. and the detail on the face for the human skin is too much..

Nothing wrong with the Taks hs if you pose him with the ski mask on!

Having taken life drawing classes/portraiture/anatomy... I find likeness arguments are ridiculous... sure we all notice different features of a person, but the debate should be pretty much halted with side-by-side comparisons.

If you really observe both sculpts at all angles, anyone that has any sense of attention or observational skills can see HT's sculpt has much more Bale features than Takara.

it may have little things like the scar, but all together it's unrecognizable.

if someone wants to send me a free HT head though so I can judge from in hand feel free :naughty

Honestly the Takara head looks more like Bale than the HT does imo.
The Takara Bruce was iffy in its day which was several years ago. Things have moved on since then, driven mainly by Hot Toys.
Have you seen, in real life, the Hot Toys and Takara Bruce Wayne heads together? If you have and still think this you need to have your eyes checked. Seriously.

The Takara Bruce was iffy in its day which was several years ago. Things have moved on since then, driven mainly by Hot Toys.
Have you seen, in real life, the Hot Toys and Takara Bruce Wayne heads together? If you have and still think this you need to have your eyes checked. Seriously.

Both takara and ht dont look like bale at all... but takara look better and close to the age of bruce wayne at BB if repaint is done(tts what i feel). HT bruce look like a guy in his lates 40s.

Back