The Unofficial Custom Takara Batman Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Questions regarding Takara's Batman Begins Figure

I think Dizzy made one, too. Check out his thread:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64757

I've been thinking of making one myself. I've got an extra loose Takara body, so all I would need is an extra Takara Batman headsculpt to modify.

There are really very few good images from the filming of the scene - screencaps don't provide much of a view (just a close-up on the face, from one angle).

You're actually going to need a beefier Batman, Takara is way too stinking slim.

Both takara and ht dont look like bale at all... but takara look better and close to the age of bruce wayne at BB if repaint is done(tts what i feel). HT bruce look like a guy in his lates 40s.
Totally baffled by this to the extent I'm now wondering if it's a wind up.
One of us needs to get his eyes checked and it ain't me.

Totally baffled by this to the extent I'm now wondering if it's a wind up.
One of us needs to get his eyes checked and it ain't me.

I already said tt what i feel. you all dun need to be baffled by this

how do you guys think the Medicom TDK boots would work with the guy? probably just have to dremel and sand the Takara feet right? I don't want to have to do major surgery to make and fit a ball joint to the ankle to fit the HT boots...or will modding it got the HT boots be the better way to go?

either one of the boots will do.. takara everything good expect for the boots (like clog):(

Hot Toys boots flow with the rubber. The only thing is you will have to fuse a hot toys leg with the takara, which is what I will do when I get the parts.

Hot Toys boots flow with the rubber. The only thing is you will have to fuse a hot toys leg with the takara, which is what I will do when I get the parts.

Oh man, that sounds like a lot of work :( please post a WIP when you're doing it. A lot of us would be interested in seeing how it's done.

yea that's what I was thinking, except maybe painting the Medi Boots flat matte black, it might look pretty nice with the Takara. Idk. I'm still in the process of deciding what I want to do with the medi. Maybe part him out for ppl who want to make the MediDX(anyone interested in that?)...except I'd keep the boots

I could actually explain without WIP pics. I have a broken hot toys body, and I will take off the boots on the Takara and take pics, drag it into paint and make diagrams.

Of course, after I'm done procrastinating, it is my birthday today, so I'll maybe take pics tomorrow or something.

I could actually explain without WIP pics. I have a broken hot toys body, and I will take off the boots on the Takara and take pics, drag it into paint and make diagrams.

Of course, after I'm done procrastinating, it is my birthday today, so I'll maybe take pics tomorrow or something.

Oh! Happy birthday Ed! :)

Just stuffed Takara's shirt.

Before:

P1100354.jpg

After:

P1100358.jpg

Made a huge difference.

P1100372.jpg

P1100373.jpg

P1100370.jpg

P1100363.jpg

He's still no HT OC Bats, but I really like him a lot more now. :)

Wow mag! Looks great man! Tutorial please! As I had some extra foam and tried this but it came out lumpy :(

I already did tt to him. haha. this weekend will paint my modifed head and also the gaunlet and belt. the paint chipped off.

Yeah, the inside of the elbows look a little odd (maybe you pushed the gauntlets back on funny?), but the torso looks much beefier now. Nicely done.

Opti-Free Replenish! :hi5:

Heh, I didn't know what you were talking about at first. That's my wife's. :D

WOW. Did you stuff the arms too? Looks great! :thud:

Thanks man. I didn't stuff the arms or shoulders at all. I'm considering padding the shoulders though...

Wow mag! Looks great man! Tutorial please! As I had some extra foam and tried this but it came out lumpy :(

I did what I'm assuming Thrustmaster did with his OC Bats. I used cotton balls. I just pulled them apart into smaller workable bits (each ball into 3 or 4 pieces). I used a Q-tip to push the cotton up into the suit through the waist and the neck opening. I stuffed the entire front and sides of the torso. The chest has A LOT of cotton in it. Before there was a lot of space between the rubber and the body. Not anymore. Feels nice and solid now. :)

The nice thing about the cotton is that once it's in place it's workable. You can press and shift the cotton around a bit to work out the lumps. However, once the cotton is in there I don't think it will ever be coming out.

Yeah, the inside of the elbows look a little odd (maybe you pushed the gauntlets back on funny?), but the torso looks much beefier now. Nicely done.

If you looks at my before and after you can see that the elbows have always looked like that as long as I've had him. I could possibly futz that out, but I would probably need to use heat to soften the rubber out. But I really don't mind the wrinkles.

Back