The Unofficial Custom Takara Batman Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Questions regarding Takara's Batman Begins Figure

I like mine:

picture.php

Biggest problem is that he's too skinny, but if you use the cape like this then that doesn't matter:

picture.php

The Takara version of good for the time it came out. He is a bit skinny. But the sculpt and paint work is Barbie Ken level at best. He also looks like he has oversized tennis shoes on. The hands on mine would barely stay on, you touched it and the would fall off.

The HT OC Batman is a far superior figure.

I've got both figures and the rubber hasn't ripped on either. I haven't heard many stories of ripping.

The stories I have heard of ripping (on these boards) have been exclusive to the Takara - but then again, the Takara is more poseable, so people probably tend to stress it quite a bit more. Also, people probably treat the OC Batman with a bit more care because it's also much more expensive. So even though there are many more stories of Takara Batman ripping, there's likely a huge amount of survey bias.

All in all, if you treat either with respect and limit extreme poses for brief photographing sessions, I don't think you need to fear ripping, so that shouldn't affect your decision between one or the other. If it happens, it happens, but it seems fairly rare.

The Takara version of good for the time it came out. He is a bit skinny. But the sculpt and paint work is Barbie Ken level at best. He also looks like he has oversized tennis shoes on. The hands on mine would barely stay on, you touched it and the would fall off.

The HT OC Batman is a far superior figure.

At least you're being civil about it for once.

What you're not going to get Buttmuch to delete posts or Thrustmaster to speak for you?

Takara was my first 1/6 figure and I loved it at the time and still do though it's not my best figure. I really pushed the limits of the rubber with the poses I did for months at time because I didn't know any better back then and 3 years later not a single problem with the suit; no tears, cracks or dry spots! I'm still hunting for a OC but for what it is I'm fine with it. The cape is gorgeous and if you care about the look of the boots you have more than enough cape to cover them. The only posing issue is you can't get the arms straight up but then again none of these figures with rubber suits are going to let you do that.

The accessories are top notch---many people have hunted down the spelonking harness for their own OC's. Compared to my DX-02 I prefer the size of the Takara batarangs and grapnel gun as they look to be more in scale. Yes the paint of the headsculpt and cowl pale in comparison to today's figures but keep in mind that this came out in '05-'06 and I doubt HT's original begins figure from '06 looked too much better and you can always repaint that cowl. The balaclava mask is what bothered me most because it's a ninja mask instead of a screen accurate 3 hole ski mask but I picked up a nice one on ebay from HK for about $7 shipped

I bulked mine up with flattened packing peanuts recently as I chose to pose him "first night out" for the forseeable future.

If you find him for less than $150 which is more than possible you won't be disappointed for all the looks and poses you can accomplish I can promise you that. I can send you some pics if you want.

The rubber on the suit is really bad compared to the OC. Or at least, the rubber stinks on the Takara and I know, but the OC LOOKS alot better from the pics, and here the posability in the arms is much better.

Actually, the rubber on the Takara suit is alot better (and in better I mean thicker rubber, less tacky. The sculpt of the suit is obviously superior on the OC). So if you think the Takara is "really bad" then you definitely wouldn't like the OC suit.

Last edited:

Actually, the rubber on the Takara suit is alot better (and in better I mean thicker rubber, less tacky. The sculpt of the suit is obviously superior on the OC). So if you think the Takara is "really bad" then you definitely wouldn't like the OC suit.

That's really quite hard for me to fathom, it looks so nice in pics. :monkey1

I bulked mine up with flattened packing peanuts

I bulked mine up with flattened styrofoam squares from the bank robber joker's duffel bag :yess:

it's still really skinny though.

What you're not going to get Buttmuch to delete posts or Thrustmaster to speak for you?

I've never asked buttmunch to delete a post.
And I did plenty of my own talking, thanks. Just because you will listen to Thrustmaster and not me isn't my fault. You're a donkey.

Last edited:

The HT OC was my first 1/6 purchase. I wanted a 1/6 Batman for ages and almost pulled the trigger on a Takara so many times, but ultimately what stopped me was the visible articulation line between the head and the neck. Some people like the Takara neck because of the added articulation, but for me one of the coolest design aspects of the Begins suit was the thick, solid, powerful slope of the head straight through to the neck. While in some pics (like Maglor's above) it isn't noticeable, in many others it is, and I'm sure it would be in person. I'm very glad I waited! (Then again, I jumped on the HT OC as soon as it was released, so I got it for about $160. Having to spend $350 or so would be more painful, but if I had to replace it I definitely would, even at that price)

That's really quite hard for me to fathom, it looks so nice in pics. :monkey1

It looks better than the Takara, yes, but the Takara feels better if that makes sense.

here's my takara batman. not the best photo, but all i had was my iphone and that mixed with my less than mediocre photography skills = bad pics :lol
Note that I did cut off the little flaps on the sides of the hips as they bothered me, as well as a slight repaint but going to do a better one once I resculpt it a bit, and added some foam to the stomach, but needs to be a bit adjusted
but I still loved it when I took it out of the box :D
TakaraBats.jpg

^^^^

That's the best I've seen the Takara looking. The repaint/sculpt on the face made a huge difference!

I like the idea off cutting of the tabs. What purpose do they serve anyway? :huh

That figure had the best smell that lasted for 2 - 4 days. It really stunk out the room with that new rubber smell.

I can't believe I got the re-release over 2 years ago. Though I never had the issue with the hands falling out.

Photos from back then...

3052373408_8c3db6c30f_z.jpg
3103558614_98c12e93c8_z.jpg

3105814311_c1962fb8b8_z.jpg
3106707462_a70c6cd20a_z.jpg

3534714922_f2e6b96c9d_z.jpg
3539345649_4f0eff43c0_z.jpg

3114579227_036851e624_z.jpg
3114645035_be95e5c411_z.jpg

3172243733_b1f258ba13_z.jpg

I've stuck to the spelunking look ever since. Why have a spare HT head sitting in the box when it can balance out the whole look.

My favorite quote from Batman Begins:

..........................................V V V V V..........................................

Great pose to.

Did you cut off the goofy tabs to then?

^^^^

That's the best I've seen the Takara looking. The repaint/sculpt on the face made a huge difference!

I like the idea off cutting of the tabs. What purpose do they serve anyway? :huh

Thanks bud! but, I have yet to resculpt :lol that's still the original takara head. I'm going to fuse both the neck piece and head together like they should be as well as correct the silhouette and put some more Bale likeness on the mouth. I'm also going to resculpt the Bruce Wayne Head too. but that's all in due time

That figure had the best smell that lasted for 2 - 4 days. It really stunk out the room with that new rubber smell.

I can't believe I got the re-release over 2 years ago. Though I never had the issue with the hands falling out.
yea neither have I. once you hear the *click* they're in.

nah, in all serious they are really weird. I'll prolly cut the flaps off of mine too

Don't let Astar read that, he may get on to you for hopping on the cutting the takara flaps bandwagon like he did in the DX02 Batman thread about ppl modding their DX Bats :lol

j/k Astar, just a bit of fun

Just a little mod I am working on, since everyone hates the boots. what do you guys think?

DSC03225.jpg

yo.jpg

sorry for the bad pics.

Dude!!! That's sick! :rock love it man! How'd you do that mod? And are those HT boots? Or from you're medi? Tutorial now!

Oh and does it still retain all it's original articulation in the ankle?

I'm working on making a leg attachment, as I just slid on the boot to see how it would look.

But I believe they are the V1 TDK boots, a member here sent them to me free of charge, and they go well with the Takara rubber.

I will definitely work on the leg attachment and post a tutorial.

I've found that I love tinkering around with figures to make them look better :D

Back