The Unofficial Custom Takara Batman Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Questions regarding Takara's Batman Begins Figure

I'm working on making a leg attachment, as I just slid on the boot to see how it would look.

But I believe they are the V1 TDK boots, a member here sent them to me free of charge, and they go well with the Takara rubber.

I will definitely work on the leg attachment and post a tutorial.

I've found that I love tinkering around with figures to make them look better :D

Do explain the "just slid on" please lol like did you remove the takara foot completely?

And yea man kidding a figure is like a drug! You do it once, and you have to do it again...congrats on this mod btw. I'm going to have to do this now :rock

I'm working on making a leg attachment, as I just slid on the boot to see how it would look.

But I believe they are the V1 TDK boots, a member here sent them to me free of charge, and they go well with the Takara rubber.

I've found that I love tinkering around with figures to make them look better :D

Looks great man! It's a huge improvement! :rock

LOL!
Edward, that's the EXACT project that I originally got the HT boots for in the first place- to replace my Takara boots! :)

When I saw what was involved in making them compatible for the Takara figure, I just shelved the project. I just didn't have the time to work on it.

Incidentally, I think the boots are from the 1st release of the HT Batman Begins figure - but they seem to be identical throughout all their releases.

Glad you got the boots OK and that your project is coming along.
Good luck.
:)

-Ray

Thanks bud! but, I have yet to resculpt :lol that's still the original takara head.
Oops I guess I misunderstood. The paint looks great and so does the cowl in that pic.

I'm going to fuse both the neck piece and head together like they should be as well as correct the silhouette and put some more Bale likeness on the mouth. I'm also going to resculpt the Bruce Wayne Head too. but that's all in due time

:( Well, you know your business, but the neck joint is the thing I love the most about the Takara bats.

@ Gipetto, vodoun, EdwardNygma1:

Wow! the pics of your Takaras are REALLY great!

Ed, that mod made the figure stand out a lot more :)

@ vodoun:

You're using a Christian Bale head on a Takara body? Are they compatible, or did you mod it to fit or something?

BTW guys, regarding the topic: I was already headway into getting one, then a local collector here offered me his MISB HT OC Batman for roughly $330 (converted from local currency). I'm now planning on getting both, but not sure if I can take the plunge on the OC Bats. He's reserving it to me by the end of September, if I can't get it by then, he'll post the item on his sale thread in a local forum :(

Do explain the "just slid on" please lol like did you remove the takara foot completely?

And yea man kidding a figure is like a drug! You do it once, and you have to do it again...congrats on this mod btw. I'm going to have to do this now :rock

I just popped the whole boot and leg off, they come off just by pulling on em. I then unscrewed the the boot from the bottom and pulled out the lower leg to see how everything worked.

Now, to create a proper leg.. :monkey1

I'm going to fuse both the neck piece and head together like they should be

I was thinking of that, but I don't think I have the necessary skills. :dunno

:( Well, you know your business, but the neck joint is the thing I love the most about the Takara bats.

I guess it's nice to have, but for me the way they did it is just so sloppy. If they were to do it, they should have done it TDK cowl style, because halfway down the neck just looks tacky IMO

Ed, that mod made the figure stand out a lot more :)

Looks great man! It's a huge improvement! :rock

thanks guys :D

@ vodoun:

You're using a Christian Bale head on a Takara body? Are they compatible, or did you mod it to fit or something?

Yeah the head from the Hot Toys figure. It just slips on without falling off. No modifications.

Yeah the head from the Hot Toys figure. It just slips on without falling off. No modifications.

Goodie! I'll be doing a similar thing, then ;D Do you have a pic of the blaclava that came with the Takara Bats?

Those boots look a hundred times better than the Crocs that the Takara comes with. Congrats!

haha thanks aussie

Here's another mod I'm working on!

Doing some serious beefing up on this guy, and I still need to finish the torso and start on the those god awful thighs!

DSC03245.jpg

DSC03246.jpg

DSC03248.jpg

DSC03249.jpg

DSC03251.jpg

DSC03256.jpg

please excuse my foot :eek:

Nice work there. I have to look into doing this myself.

Oh, and I just noticed: you didn't cut the weird tabs off yet.

I forgot I had these old shots kicking about when I was putting it altogether.

Nice work there. I have to look into doing this myself.

Oh, and I just noticed: you didn't cut the weird tabs off yet.

Yeah, you should! It's not too hard, just shove stuff up through the second rubber layer opening at the sides of the waist, just be careful to to rip the rubber :horror

And yeah, I'm still debating on whether to cut them off or not, I probably will though.

@ EdwardNygma:

Great custom! Is it easy to insert those foam to beef up the figure?

@ vodun:

Looks really great! :D

Ok, could someone please tell me what was wrong with the boots in the first place?

The look like clogs:

2qxaiyf.jpg

Hi guys,

Just a quick update on my inquiry.

Just got this personal Holy Grail - HT OC Batman:

_DSC2057.jpg

My current favorite figure bullying the newcomer out of jealousy:

_DSC2063.jpg

However, I was so impressed by your pictures of Takara Bats that I've opted to continue my plan of purchasing one :) If anything else, I'll use my extra Bale head on the Takara body with harness, same way vodoun did his :)

Back