The Ultimate Horse and Rider..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're right. Frazetta's death dealer may be considered as the ultimate horse and rider. I'm glad you got this statue.

Frazetta's art is incredible imo :rock . It still have a lot of impact. In Narnia movie, when you see the white bears pulling the white witch's chariot, it comes directly from Frazetta's snow warrior.

Dear god - that statue is sooo cool!
But that isn't what made me lose bowel control: They are selling the Death Dealers helmet! I have never seen anything cooler than that.
The Death Dealer is my favorite piece of art on the planet (followed closely by all the other Death Dealer paintings). Heck I even own all the Death Dealer novels. :D
Frazetta's worst paintings are better than anyone's elses best IMHO. Not that anyone else sucks but Frazetta is a GOD. No one else can capture raw power like he can.
Bodie, you are one lucky bastard. I wish to god I wasn't the poor piece of trash I am. I truly envy you man - congratulations.

HOW Cool is it that Frank is HANDS ON on this piece??????

Wait! I'll answer that!

VERY VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Btw, I know there have now been Comics and stories about the "Death Dealer" as its own character but its very easy to see this guy as the Nazgul!

I looked at this about a month ago but did not pull the trigger because it is the mini. If it had been the full size I would have bought one.

Out

It might not be the fullsize, yet I've seen the mini which is very small and this peice does not look that small. Also Shipping was $30.00 for the cheapest route and $100 for the most expensive, this being from Pa to Ca. My thoughts are that it is a heavy package.

Regardless of the size Im happy to have it in my collection, when it comes Ill let you know.

Last edited:
Bodie! I didn't know you liked Frazetta! This is a beautiful piece and I may consider getting one in a few months. I have been a huge Frazetta fan since the 70's! I even managed to finally own an original piece of artwork; it is a small watercolor of a cowboy kicking his horse done sometime in the late 60's or early 70's. Not a large oil, but at least it is an original artwork! I think the original Death Dealer is at the top of most everyone's list of favorite Frazetta paintings. Even my brother, who most of the time wouldn't know a Frazetta from a Warhol, likes the Death Dealer painting so much that he got my art print of it framed and it has been hanging in his living room for about 10 years now! :google

Hey LC, Ive been a big fan of Frazetta's work since I was a wee lad. It doesnt get much better IMO.

I figuered this would not be the full size as the cost alone to get his sig is $275.

Indeed I am honored to have any peice painted and signed (and only 50!) by "The Master."

There were 5 Black and white drawings by Frazetta in a Lord of the Rings' portfolio published in 1975 (edition size was 1000). I saw 3 of this drawings in books or web and found them incredible. Lot of tension and raw power as usual with Frazetta's work. Does anybody here have or saw this portfolio?

To see 3 of those pics, I went on Google/Images and typed "frazetta lord of the rings". And then...:google. Enjoy!

Bodie The Cursed said:
Hey LC, Ive been a big fan of Frazetta's work since I was a wee lad. It doesnt get much better IMO.

I figuered this would not be the full size as the cost alone to get his sig is $275.

Indeed I am honored to have any peice painted and signed (and only 50!) by "The Master."

A true fan will go to great lenghts to collect every collectible done by their inspiration. i love his works and own several conan saga. love his paintings. truely shows the barbaricness of the warriors and the beauty of the women in the era.

Brindavoine said:
There were 5 Black and white drawings by Frazetta in a Lord of the Rings' portfolio published in 1975 (edition size was 1000). I saw 3 of this drawings in books or web and found them incredible. Lot of tension and raw power as usual with Frazetta's work. Does anybody here have or saw this portfolio?

I own the Lord of the Rings, Women of the Ages and Kubla Khan portfolios, but they are back in Kentucky at my childhood home and I currently live in Texas so I can't provide pictures. Ironically, I am planning to go home this summer and finally gather up all my stuff so my Mom can have two bedrooms back to use!

Back