The Tuggernaut's Collection (Updated June 5)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: easports08's shelves

Arrived today.
Picture066.jpg

Picture064.jpg

Picture067.jpg

With the rest of the gang.
Picture069.jpg

Dont you wish sometimes that there were 1/6 figures Soccer Player made?I pray every day that SOME toy company do sports,Like Boxing Legends,UFC,Soccer stars,NHL and NFL legends etc...

I dont need much from soccer though,just a couple of Milan Players.

Imagine releasing a figure with 2 sets of home and away kits with a Ball:D

Dont you wish sometimes that there were 1/6 figures Soccer Player made?I pray every day that SOME toy company do sports,Like Boxing Legends,UFC,Soccer stars,NHL and NFL legends etc...

I dont need much from soccer though,just a couple of Milan Players.

Imagine releasing a figure with 2 sets of home and away kits with a Ball:D

:rock
That would be sweet! Let's hope someday, that someone will do it.

whos signatures is on that ball besides your Batman figure?

thats true, im displaying them on top of me shelves + im getting new shelves to put stuff in XD

Awesome man! Be sure to post pics! :rock
whos signatures is on that ball besides your Batman figure?

Melbourne Victory. One of the teams in the A-league.
Best team in the country... even though our league only has 8 teams, since it's only been going for about 4 years.
In the next couple of years, they're adding more teams.

really?Strange considering they have had a National team for many years and big names are doing good in europe.

So before 2004,what happened to youngsters that wanted to be something within soccer,went to england or new zealand or something?Because of the league started in 2004 it seems like Soccer never was popular in Australia?

really?Strange considering they have had a National team for many years and big names are doing good in europe.

So before 2004,what happened to youngsters that wanted to be something within soccer,went to england or new zealand or something?Because of the league started in 2004 it seems like Soccer never was popular in Australia?

Before the A-league, we had the NSL (National Soccer league) and players started their careers there. The NSL was never as popular as the A-league is now, but scouts from other countries still had a look. Plus, when players played for Australia, other managers get a good look at them. So playing for the National teams will have helped them to move to bigger clubs as well.

We should have started the A-league years ago. Would have made a big difference with developing players and what not.

Before the A-league, we had the NSL (National Soccer league) and players started their careers there. The NSL was never as popular as the A-league is now, but scouts from other countries still had a look. Plus, when players played for Australia, other managers get a good look at them. So playing for the National teams will have helped them to move to bigger clubs as well.

We should have started the A-league years ago. Would have made a big difference with developing players and what not.

So whats the difference?You had the NSL league and now the A-League,just changed the name or what happened,what is so different?

I have no clue about about Australian soccer so please...explain:D

So whats the difference?You had the NSL league and now the A-League,just changed the name or what happened,what is so different?

I have no clue about about Australian soccer so please...explain:D

Well, there's alot of differences.
THe A-league has more publicity, the teams in the A-league have official full stadiums, whereas the NSL games were in local stadiums.
The A-league has different teams, with more money, more resources, more sponsors etc.
And the A-league is a full professional league, whereas the NSL wasn't as much. It was professional... but you know what I mean.

Plus, winners of the A-league get to play in the Asian CHampions League (equivalent to UEFA champions league, but in the Asian regions).
And they get a chance to play in the Club World Cup if they win that of course, and teams in the NSL would have never gotten these type of chances.

Overall, bigger and better

Well, there's alot of differences.
THe A-league has more publicity, the teams in the A-league have official full stadiums, whereas the NSL games were in local stadiums.
The A-league has different teams, with more money, more resources, more sponsors etc.
And the A-league is a full professional league, whereas the NSL wasn't as much. It was professional... but you know what I mean.

Plus, winners of the A-league get to play in the Asian CHampions League (equivalent to UEFA champions league, but in the Asian regions).
And they get a chance to play in the Club World Cup if they win that of course, and teams in the NSL would have never gotten these type of chances.

Overall, bigger and better

I see,what about the teams and stadiums?Were Stadiums recently build because of a better start of a new league or were they kinda...always there?
Are the teams new,like many local teams put together as 1 or were all the A-League teams excisting teams back then too?

Back