The Transformers: The Movie (1986)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the 20th Anniversary DVD somewhere :lol. I didn't know the movie was so hard to find these days.

The Blu ray goes for over $100 on Amazon, so I'd hold to that DVD for now. Did the 20th Anniversary edition had the Star Wars intro as well?

I hope there will be a remastered blu ray to commemorate the 20th Anniversary next year.

This video is pretty informative on the many versions the movie has:

Now that I think about it, I distinctly remember watching the cut with the ending narration "Optimus Prime will be back" when I was a kid. I guess it softens the blow of this outrageously violent movie. I love this movie but it seems the writers hates kids. :lol

The Blu ray goes for over $100 on Amazon, so I'd hold to that DVD for now. Did the 20th Anniversary edition had the Star Wars intro as well?

I hope there will be a remastered blu ray to commemorate the 20th Anniversary next year.

I really can't remember, but I'll let you know you soon. I was planning to rewatch it, anyway, after listening to Vince DiCola's songs for hours on end.

The 20th anniversary DVD is on ebay for like $5 shipped. I still get a kick out of watching this. Transformers was my favorite cartoon as a kid. It was just before my teenage years hit.

The 20th anniversary DVD is on ebay for like $5 shipped. I still get a kick out of watching this. Transformers was my favorite cartoon as a kid. It was just before my teenage years hit.

or you can watch it for free on youtube

Seriously though, nothing gets me as pumped when I'm exercising as that opening Transformers theme. Some of the instrumental stuff is also really great for that, and any of the Stan Bush stuff. If no one has heard it, this is on the soundtrack, and pretty good though not as good as the version they kept in the film:

Seriously though, nothing gets me as pumped when I'm exercising as that opening Transformers theme. Some of the instrumental stuff is also really great for that, and any of the Stan Bush stuff. If no one has heard it, this is on the soundtrack, and pretty good though not as good as the version they kept in the film:

Would be right at home in Rocky IV.

Joe's is still better. You even get tea bagged by a Cobra Trooper right off the bat.

Would be right at home in Rocky IV.

Joe's is still better. You even get tea bagged by a Cobra Trooper right off the bat.

Worst Joe opening EVER!

Flint or Duke need to be screaming Yo Joe within 5 seconds, holding it until after the one minute mark is waaaaaaay too much. :slap

The Transformers one is more theatrical, and has the better theme IMO, but the Joe one is superior because it is a clear throwback to the awesome animated openings. And of course, the Joe television openings blow the doors off of the Transformers ones.

b4RklWO.gif

Back