The Tomorrow War - On Amazon Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s more Edge of Tomorrow than Battleship.

As u can see from all other posts so far, people are pretty happy with it. I don’t think that was the case with Battleship
That so huh? Well, maybe I'll give it a shot on a slow night. Maybe when Amazon gives me muh money back from my cancelled order. I can wait, but ~2 weeks to ship is unacceptable. Thank God for BookDepository... Anyway, the trailer didn't really grab me, but if it's a well made dumb SyFy flick, I won't feel bad about wasting 2 hours on it. It's just that there's a difference between dumb and bad, and I wasn't sure where it stands.

It was a pretty harsh review, but I don't think she was wrong about Pratt's acting - it was rather one-note.
Joaquin Phoenix has been one-note as hell for 4 or 5 movies in a row and he doesn't get that kinda flak.

I'm not expecting Shakespeare from Pratt, I'm expecting Chris Pratt and he does it well. :LOL:

I was hooked after this :lol

[SPOILER="Tomorrow World Alien"]View attachment 530308[/SPOILER]
The monster was cool it made me think of the funhouse monster lol

6DF725F1-2900-4B53-BAD5-92CBB1F89574.jpeg

The monster was cool it made me think of the funhouse monster lol

View attachment 530326
Man what an awful movie. That face is the highlight.

Tobe Hooper is a one shot wonder with TCM. Benefits of a budget so low it felt like a snuff film.

Poltergeist must have been because of SS... Nothing in his filmography makes me think that Tobe could have made that film.

Though I do have a soft spot for Lifeforce.. Or should I say Lifeforce has two soft spots for me.

Just finished watching this. Thought it was a fun watch.

It's been a long time since I've enjoyed a film in this genre. I can't even remember the last good alien Sci-Fi film I've watched.

Yes it's goofy and predictable but that doesn't make it bad.

For anyone on the fence about watching it I'd recommended you give it a go. Would have been good to see at the cinema.

I watched it tonight. I've seen worse things, but this was just bland. Definitely no Edge Of Tomorrow/Oblivion, but not as bad as something like Battleship. Eh, I don't lament the time spent, it was alright.

Check yer brain at the door and it’s entertaining. Pratt is always likeable.
The thing that was glaringly obvious of course was if future recruiters could make the trip back to the past why not go back to Russia and nip the whole time line in the bud like Pratt eventually does anyway. The other thing was believing Pratt would walk out on his family after hating his father so much for doing the same, it didn’t seem believable.

I watched it tonight. I've seen worse things, but this was just bland. Definitely no Edge Of Tomorrow/Oblivion, but not as bad as something like Battleship. Eh, I don't lament the time spent, it was alright.
Really like Edge of Tomorrow

Oblivion. The title represents what happened to my memory of that film. I have thought about giving another shot but can’t think of a reason to.

He narrates a lot -- books/podcasts/commercials/corporate event reels. He's everywhere. His voice is in the wind. Just listen... he's reviewing Loki now...

"The series wanted to do the right thing... But it's Loki... it just couldn't."

Really like Edge of Tomorrow

Oblivion. The title represents what happened to my memory of that film. I have thought about giving another shot but can’t think of a reason to.
The aesthetics, Tom Cruise and the M83 soundtrack make it worth it for me.

I really liked it. Watched it twice actually. Typical critics reaction. They just don’t like fun I guess, because that’s all this movie is. Those aliens however...yeah...I wouldn’t want to tangle with those.

Didn't like Tomorrow War. It's like a Dean Devlin movie. Every idea stolen from another movie, no logic -- yeah, world's about to become extinct and the only two scientists working on a cure is Dad and Daughter -- just a bad Sy-Fy Channel movie with a big budget. Pratt's destiny if he's not more careful.

Didn't like Tomorrow War. It's like a Dean Devlin movie. Every idea stolen from another movie, no logic -- yeah, world's about to become extinct and the only two scientists working on a cure is Dad and Daughter -- just a bad Sy-Fy Channel movie with a big budget. Pratt's destiny if he's not more careful.
Poor JAWS cut down by a Wor-Gar drive by shooting lol

I don't know how you guys can sit through **** like this. I know you're all intelligent, rational human beings.

I made it about 6 minutes in and had already suspended my disbelief long enough to allow that an American guy could actually gather a houseful of people to watch the World Cup (at Christmas...wtf?) but the moment the Badass Woman of Color Military Leader came through her magical portal and announced to the viewers:

"We are you. We've come back from the future so you can help us win our war."

I just said "nope" and turned it off. Who writes this slop? A fifth grader??

These movies are being made BY morons FOR morons.

I rag on the Marvel movies but at least they TRY. At least they're consistent. At least they spent a good half hour or so attempting to pseudo-science jargon a justification for their silly time travel plot.

Not this one. "We are you. We are from the future. We come in peace."

God, what utter garbage.

Back