The Tomorrow War - On Amazon Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAWS

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
This was a solid alien invasion action movie staring Chris Pratt

It’s a miss mash of other sci fo films (Edge of Tomorrow, Alien, The Thing) But it works. It got a little silly at the end but I still fully enjoyed it.

Some of the better creature designs I have seen in a while.

Solid 4 out of 5 from me.

I'm just over halfway, and it's a lot better than I expected it to be.

Has a bit of everything, from comedy to pretty intense situations.

Started to get memories of playing the original Far Cry video game, but Uwe Boll's film version of that wasn't quite as spectacular as The Tomorrow War. :lol

It fell down for me at the beach, and it's got some goofy elements, but the action's tense and it's a very solid popcorn flick. I was pleasantly surprised. Just a fun movie.

It's definitely worth watching and much better than expected with the first three quarters being stronger than the last.
Definitely another example of the critics getting it wrong.

About halfway thru
I'm just over halfway

How can you guys not make it though an entire movie? Half way thru you have to go check what's happening on the boards?

Either way you are stopping the movie halfway thru and going to do others things... or you are fooling around on your phone while while watching the movie, not sure which is worse.

How can you guys not make it though an entire movie? Half way thru you have to go check what's happening on the boards?

Either way you are stopping the movie halfway thru and going to do others things... or you are fooling around on your phone while while watching the movie, not sure which is worse.

bruceb_intermission-1.jpg

After the Far Cry beach and jungle (though there were a few prominent first person shooter angles later), the second half switched gears and went to The Thing From Another World.

1951-the-thing-from-anonther-world-013.jpg

It was pretty good.

Loved it. Fantastic summer popcorn flick.

Awesome action, fantastic effects, Chris Pratt isn't out to win Oscars, he's out to entertain you.

That's all movies should be about.

Last edited:

I am resisting the usual 'your wife came over' jokes....lol

I work weird hours. try to watch a movie when home from work and sometimes I only make it halfway and finish the next day. These boards are great, but not so exciting I have to post my immediate thought or some such! LOL

Watched the Fear Street on Netflix and this movie is an absolute masterpiece in comparison. This was a super fun movie.

I thought this was actually really good.

The "professional" critics reviews I've read lead me to believe they either didn't actually watch the movie and assumed it would be crap because it's a prime original or they take their jobs too seriously and they're afraid they'll get made fun of in the industry for giving a movie like this a good review.

Maybe this will please people enough for the director McKay to get his Nightwing movie he has been wanting to do for awhile. WB would rather the tv division get first crack at anything but Batman characters.

Good to hear a good movie is here. Hopefully the start of good movies for the rest of the year.

This was a solid alien invasion action movie staring Chris Pratt

It’s a miss mash of other sci fo films (Edge of Tomorrow, Alien, The Thing) But it works. It got a little silly at the end but I still fully enjoyed it.

Some of the better creature designs I have seen in a while.

Solid 4 out of 5 from me.

The beginning was a bit of a slog & a certain character reveal was telegraphed a mile away, but this was still a fun summer popcorn flick with a lot of great action. Definitely worth checking out.

Just watched the Pitch Meeting before seeing the film...and I'm really glad I did.

All I have to say is that I've ordered an Absolute Watchmen from Amazon, it's been 11 days and it still hasn't shipped, which is really grinding my gears... Hey, the title has "Amazon" in it, my statement's about Amazon... Kidding aside, nothing about this movie grabs me. I didn't even finish the trailer. It just looks really low budget. Oblivion, Edge Of Tomorrow, I loved those Mid-10s SyFy flicks, but this looks more like Battleship...

All I have to say is that I've ordered an Absolute Watchmen from Amazon, it's been 11 days and it still hasn't shipped, which is really grinding my gears... Hey, the title has "Amazon" in it, my statement's about Amazon... Kidding aside, nothing about this movie grabs me. I didn't even finish the trailer. It just looks really low budget. Oblivion, Edge Of Tomorrow, I loved those Mid-10s SyFy flicks, but this looks more like Battleship...
It’s more Edge of Tomorrow than Battleship.

As u can see from all other posts so far, people are pretty happy with it. I don’t think that was the case with Battleship

Back